Writing code in Russian. Pros and cons of such a programme. - page 14

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Only one problem was solved. There would have been several, then you could have drawn conclusions.
I agree. But in order to continue competing and move on to the next competition, the results of each stage of the competition had to be assessed objectively. That's where the problems started...

Реter Konow:
I agree. But in order to keep competing and move on to the next event, the results of each stage of the competition had to be assessed objectively. That's where the problems started...
Yeah... there was nothing but trouble.

Комбинатор:
Yes.

I don't agree that the Hungarian notation is a piece of paper.

It has helped me more than once to avoid mistakes of the type:

byte btA;

int iB

while(btА < iB) // Возможно зацикливание

{

++btA;

};

This is exaggerated, of course, but the point is that Hungarian notation always reminds you of the type of variable, which often helps you avoid hard-to-find mistakes.

Реter Konow:

Of course, I don't deny that the "universality" of the GA algorithm is absolutely necessary. I also acknowledge that my algorithm may be worse precisely because it only solves that problem (albeit much more efficiently than the universal algorithm).

However, in the contest for solving the text problem, we were competing precisely in the result (number of hits), not in universality, which cannot be tested on a single problem.

Therefore, I did not set myself up as the absolute winner and wanted to keep competing to beat the universality as well.

However, numerous sticks in the wheels of the championship began and everything stalled.

I will repeat it again for the especially gifted. The problem with the text, or any other problem potentially presented at the championship should have been solved without knowing the source code of the problem. Example of solution was shown on MQ standard tester.

Yes, I created the source code of the problem, because someone had to create it and there is no catch. I have demonstrated how MQ's optimizer successfully solves such "unknown" problems, just like it is done every single day by millions of traders with their millions of tasks.

I warned you beforehand that problem solving must be done without knowing the code of the problem, but you and Event didn't take advantage of getting into the code of the problem and using features of its structure, which was confirmed by you later, this is contrary to the objectives of the contest - optimization of problems with unknown content. Competitors were invited to carry out the optimization in ignorance of the task, as the tester does, try to beat him, and yes, try to beat me.

You then questioned the fact that I was not using knowledge of the problem in the algorithm, after which it was decided by common consent to put the compilation of the problem in the hands of the referee, but even after that you continued to demand the source of the competition problems. After it became clear to you that you won't see the sources of coming to the contest problems because of your dishonest (circumventing the conditions of problem solution) previous solution of the problem with the text - you decided to leave "slamming the door".

Referee is still waiting for the moment X, after which he will create his own problem for the contest. But as far as no one is ready to take part in the competition or at least to solve complex optimization problems well enough, the moment X has not come yet.

That's how it really was. The fact that your code is written in Cyrillic has not made it useful for solving everyday tasks of traders, with unknown content, such tasks that are solved by a regular tester. It takes more than a program written in Cyrillic to be truly useful.

Andrey Dik:

I'll repeat it again for the especially gifted. The problem with the text, or any other problem potentially presented at the championship had to be solved without knowledge of the source of the problem. Example of solution was shown on MQ's in-house tester.

Yes, I created the source code of the problem, because someone had to create it and there is no catch. I have demonstrated how MQ's optimizer successfully solves such "unknown" problems, just like it is done every single day by millions of traders with their millions of tasks.

I warned you beforehand that problem solution must be done without knowing the code of the problem, but you and Event didn't take advantage of this opportunity to get into the code and use the peculiarities of its structure, which was confirmed by you later, as it contradicts the goal of the contest - optimization of tasks with unknown content. Competitors were invited to carry out the optimization in ignorance of the task, as the tester does, try to beat him, and yes, try to beat me.

You then questioned the fact that I was not using knowledge of the problem in the algorithm, after which it was decided by common consent to put the compilation of the problem in the hands of the referee, but even after that you continued to demand the source of the competition problems. After it became clear to you that you won't see the sources of coming to the contest problems because of your dishonest (circumventing the conditions of problem solution) previous solution of the problem with the text - you decided to leave "slamming the door".

Referee is still waiting for the moment X, after which he will create his own problem for the contest. But as far as no one is ready to take part in the competition or at least to solve complex optimization problems well enough, the moment X has not come yet.

That's how it really was. The fact that your code is written in Cyrillic does not make it useful for solving everyday tasks of traders, with unknown content, such tasks that are solved by a regular tester. It takes more than a program written in Cyrillic to be truly useful.

A brief history of the championship, as interpreted by the organizer... Let's turn the page of history. )

Реter Konow:

A brief history of the failed championship...

Yeah, well, you ran away. That's the story of how you flunked out. The rest of us said we weren't ready. Come in, tackle the challenges honestly, and there will be a championship.

Andrey Dik:
Yeah, well, you ran away. That's the story of how you fled. The others said they weren't ready. Come in, tackle the challenges honestly, and there will be a championship.
All right.)

George Merts:

Hungarian notation - always reminds you of the variable type, which often helps avoid hard-to-find errors

As applied to MQL - there are no warnings for errors, which the compiler doesn't care about. Especially mixed math operations with different integer and fraction types sometimes make such messes - one can hardly find who needs to be forcefully converted to the right type

George Merts:

while(btА < iB) // Возможно зацикливание

{

++btA;

};

The counter in the operator itself is safer in terms of looping - while(btA++ < iB)

Реter Konow:

A brief history of the failed championship

Andrey Dik:
Well yes, you escaped, didn't you? This is the story of how you escaped.

)) Eh, how well everything started ... ))

Alexey Navoykov:

)) Eh, how well it all started... ))

Don't be provocative. There's another topic of discussion here.