Writing code in Russian. Pros and cons of such a programme. - page 13

Andrey Dik:
And yes, 2-3 years in programming is a beginner.
But no longer just a nerd, but a militant nerd :)

Andrey Dik:
The condition was set right from the start. It was an optimization problem, not an algebraic or algorithmic problem. Admit your defect and have some willpower. You shouldn't have brought it up.
And yes, 2-3 years in programming is a novice.

What defeat? My program found a string in 904 hits. Yours got 20 thousand (I don't remember exactly). The conditions for this particular task are on the branch. You appeal to the algorithm's universality but haven't demonstrated it anywhere. Only words. How do I know how you solved the problem with the text? Maybe you haven't solved it universally, but simply ineptly and that's why you got the result you got.

Your logic: I won the contest because I used a universal algorithm that gives a worse result, but it's universal and therefore I still win!

Реter Konow:

What defeat? My program found the string in 904 hits. Yours for 20 thousand (I do not remember exactly). The conditions for this particular problem are on the branch. You appeal to the algorithm's universality but haven't demonstrated it anywhere. Only words. How do I know how you solved the task with the text? Maybe you haven't solved it universally, but simply ineptly and that's why you got the result you got.

Your logic: I won the contest because I used a universal algorithm that gives a worse result, but it's universal and therefore I still win!

Peter, you are not at home if you don't understand simple words.

Did the optimiser from MQ also know the source code of the problem? Dimitri used the knowledge?, maybe Yuri? Stop raving, it's not funny anymore.

Andrey Dik:

Peter, you are not at home if you don't understand simple words.

Did the optimiser from MQ also know the source code of the problem? Did Dimitri use knowledge?, maybe Yuri? Stop rambling, it's not funny anymore.

Show us the results of Dmitri and Yuri's solution of the problem with the text.

Only three people solved it. You, me and Event.

You knew the source code of the problem, as I did. What's more, you displayed it.

Now you are saying that you have solved it better because you did not look at the code you put up yourself?

The question is closed.

Реter Konow:

Show the results of Dmitri and Yuri's solution to the text problem.

You knew the source code of the problem, as I did. What's more, you displayed it.

Now you are saying that you have solved it better because you did not look at the code you set up yourself?

The question is closed.

Ask about it Dmitriy, Yury and MetaQuotes, who solved the problem honestly. After that, close the question for yourself.

I am very glad that my approach was not greeted with hostility and that there were people who were interested in it. Maybe there will be more of them later... I have been programming in Russian for more than three years. Before that I programmed in English like everyone else. One day a friend came to me and asked me to write a simple script. I sat down to work. He is not a programmer himself, but he wanted to learn it, but with his English it was very difficult. He was observing and asking questions. In order to make it easier for him to understand, I switched to Russian and started to write the names of functions and variables in Russian. While writing this script I enjoyed writing it in Russian so much, that within a few days I was rewriting all my developments into Russian and just enjoyed the freedom and speed of code reading. It was like I was given wings. On the whole, everything became faster and clearer in everything I was working on. That's the story...

Alexey Navoykov:

Some people are just crazy about anti-Western propaganda. You see, English is an affront to their national dignity, oh-oh-oh, what an injustice).

I agree with you, 20-50 technical words are very difficult to learn))) but the processor developed in California is not stressful.)

Реter Konow:

Show me results of Dmitri and Yury's solution.

Are you now saying that you solved it better because you didn't look at the code you set up yourself?

The question is closed.

The text problem was not a typical GA problem. So if your algorithm only solves the text problem, even if it is the best, it essentially solves nothing.

It is another matter for a normal genetic algorithm to finish trying to solve a problem one by one at the beginning, in case of such a tricky non-typical problem.

There is no point in showing something, my algorithm took 10 times longer than the tester to solve the problem with the text. But this does not mean that it is worse than yours, because yours solves only text problem, and mine solves any problem.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

The text problem was not a typical GA problem. So if your algorithm only solves the text problem, even if it is the best, it essentially solves nothing.

It is another matter for a normal genetic algorithm to finish trying to solve the problem one by one at the beginning, in case of such tricky non-typical problem.

There is no point in showing something, my algorithm took 10 times longer than the tester to solve the problem with the text. But this does not mean that it is worse than yours, because yours solves only text problem, and mine solves any problem.

Of course, I don't deny that "universality" of GA algorithm is absolutely necessary. I also acknowledge that my algorithm may be worse precisely because it only solves that problem (albeit much more efficiently than the universal algorithm).

However, in the contest for solving the text problem, we were competing precisely in the result (number of hits), not in universality, which cannot be tested on a single problem.

Therefore, I did not set myself up as the absolute winner and wanted to keep competing to beat the universality as well.

However, many sticks in the wheels of the championship began and everything stalled.

Реter Konow:
Of course, I don't deny that the "universality" of the GA algorithm is absolutely necessary. I also admit that my algorithm may be worse precisely because it only solves that problem, albeit much more efficiently than the universal algorithm. However, in the contest for solving a word processing problem, we were competing exactly in the result (the number of hits), not in universality, which cannot be tested on only one problem. So I didn't set myself up as an absolute winner and wanted to keep competing to excel in versatility as well. However, numerous sticks in the wheels of the championship began and everything stalled.
Only one challenge was being tackled. If there had been several, then conclusions could have been drawn.