Writing code in Russian. Pros and cons of such a programme. - page 6

Комбинатор:

Set_calling_window_number_for_taskar_button

Exact translation).

Реter Konow:
I read Dostoyevsky in English. That's not the point at all...

Why read Dostoevsky in English? ) I think I'm beginning to understand why you write your programmes in Russian )

But anyway, you're free to write as you please. Don't listen to me about OOP too. The main thing is to have a good effect.

Vladimir Zubov:

Write for your audience and look no further. English is understood by about a billion people.

Good.

Комбинатор:

Why read Dostoevsky in English? ) I think I'm beginning to understand why you write your programmes in Russian )

All the same, you write however you like. Don't listen to me about OOP too. The main thing is to have a good effect.

I read Dostoevsky in English because I saw the book in a shop. I bought it and started reading it...

That's what I'm after. It's all just for the sake of it, believe me). If I was worse at writing in Russian I would never have switched to it (I started with English). But to each his own...

Реter Konow:
It's clear that no one likes the subject... Well, at least it is clear that the article on this subject is not worth writing ...) Okay, I'll use my own method, enjoying its advantages and putting up with its disadvantages. )

Segui il tuo corso ed lascia dir la gente - that's Italian

Fais se que dois adviegne que peut. - that's French

and in Russian

Alexey Viktorov:

Russian variable names can turn into abracadabra at some point and there's nothing you can do about it. This way it's impossible to find out which variable is which. Using names of variables in Cyrillic seems very dangerous.

But the other day I was surprised to find out that not only input variables have a comment after the variable. If after the declaration of a variable I put a comment in the native Russian language, then when I type this variable I get a hint what it means.

Something like this

here is what we see.

Maybe it's better not to take the risk?

It will be fine, it seems this is a feature of recent innovations in ME, like in SE or MS. If only variable comments would be highlighted when hovering over the cursor, not only when typing as in SE, that would be good.

When I read something like this:
Установить_лейбл_окна_на_кнопке_таскбара(Номер_кнопки + 1,G_CORE[_TASKBAR][_W_Properties][a]);
it makes me feel bad for the Russian language. It almost makes my hair stand on end. Why do you do this to him? Pushkin and Yesenin made much more use of its greatness and power than you did.

BlackTomcat:
When I read something like this:
it makes me feel bad for the Russian language. It almost makes my hair stand on end. Why do you do this to him? Pushkin and Yesenin used its greatness and power to a much greater extent than you do.

You're right, when I write a programme, I somehow forget about literary style and rhyme. Unforgivable.

At certain moments, something comes over me and in the comments I write 'I call death, I can't wait to see it, dignity asking for alms....', then I catch myself, erase it and go on 'In this cycle we are searching for the meaning of....'.

My next topic is "Let's write programmes in verse!"

Реter Konow:
My next topic is "Let's write programmes in verse!"
You'll have to master prose first.