Is it necessary to analyse the bars/curves on the timeframe? - page 3

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Candles were invented in Japan sort of in the 17th century by a merchant, a rice seller at the then exchange. Yes, there were already stock exchange analogues back then. And the purpose was not to get rid of noise, but to have a clear picture of trading history.

The candlesticks do not get rid of noise, on the contrary, they give false data. Open and Close take the values of quotations which can be absolutely different from the general trend. But people did not know about this in those years. And nowadays 99% of traders don't know about it either and try to play with figures)).

Generally speaking, in terms of non-trading practice - candlesticks are a very good idea and sometimes they are a starting point of the analysis of experimental data. They are just very easy to read. It's not so much in the sense of "here comes the figure and now it will hit", but our brain needs reference points/lines/figures to find the order out of chaos (it may not be profitable, but it will find it correct). Using candlesticks, we can clearly see the trend/no trend, noise/no noise, and other nuances.

To criticize the candlestick analysis - everyone forgets about the errors. The Open/Close candlesticks are actually defined with an order of 2,3,5...tick. That is, DC has fixed a tick, but it can be fixed in 0.1 seconds - it just happened that way... That's why some figures with rice sellers do not work, even if they can :-) But on higher timeframes, where Open Close is a significant indicator and is taken into account by traders, days, weeks...H1,H4 with a stretch

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Generally speaking, in non-trading practice, candlesticks are a very good idea and sometimes they are the starting point for analysing experimental data. They are just very easy to read. Not in the sense of "here comes the figure and it's about to hit", but our brain needs reference points/lines/figures to separate the order from the chaos (which does not mean that it will do it correctly and will lead to profit). Using candlesticks, we can clearly see the trend/no trend, noise/no noise, and other nuances.

To criticize the candlestick analysis - everyone forgets about the errors. The Open/Close candlesticks are actually defined with an order of 2,3,5...tick. That is, DC has fixed a tick, but it can be fixed in 0.1 seconds - it just happened that way... That's why some figures with rice sellers do not work, even if they can :-) But on higher timeframes, where Open Close is a significant indicator and is taken into account by traders, days, weeks...H1,H4 with a stretch

I don't use candlesticks, all on tick data.

Olexiy Polyakov:

A GRAPHIC THAT'S NIGHT !!! by the creators of A KING THAT'S NIGHT (fairy tales by Hans Christian Andersen)

TALES! TALKS! TALKS!

for counter-trenders, read a different kind of literature, e.g. this onehttp://oxota-i-ribalka.blogspot.ru/2014/03/blog-post_2657.html

Vladimir, if we continue the strategy of hawks, the tale of moose is simple and effective, it is better than paranoia that turns out to be a perfectly working intuition. .....

An elk is a beast, a beast that can't see a thing at night - even if you shine a searchlight in its eye, it's still walking .....

He walks his own path, the smell is his navigator, use it.

Perhaps the developers need to add an ALL timeframe. This would be a single candlestick or bar where the historical low/maximum and the current price are visible. In fact, this is closer to the information in the "market overview" of the terminal, where only a couple of values are missing (H,L,O).

Another variant is to draw a line chart by the average price per hour (for H1). In this case there can be different types of average price calculation. The average between Close and Open is the simplest variant. But we can take prices of, for example, 60 bars of Close M1 and calculate their average value. Or not Close, but also the average. Probably, such a chart would have a smoother look.

To answer the question in the thread header: you have to.
But of course you can also try to trade on ticks. If you can also see the glass with real volumes, then the chances of success increase.
In general, the idea is not new. Once upon a time the brokerage company with the word "club" in its name had a very simple terminal. There was only a tick diagram about 15 minutes deep, stream of quotes, "buy/sell" buttons and as a guide - daily high and low.

By the way, on the "chart" presented in the first post, it is clear that trend-followers can buy (assuming a pullback) andcounter-trenders cansell (assuming overbought, although one can wait even higher). The matter is that we can see anyway at what height the ASK line is. The line can also be deactivated here. Leave the slider on the right. Set the maximum TF and minimum scale. You will be able to see the historical min/max and the current price.

Evgeny Bulykin:

By the way, on the "chart" presented in the first post, it is clear that trend-followers can buy (assuming a pullback) andcounter-trenders cansell (assuming overbought, although one can wait even higher). The matter is that we can see anyway at what height the ASK line is. The line can also be deactivated here. Leave the slider on the right. Set the maximum TF and minimum scale. You will be able to see the historical min/max and the current price.

Something occurred to me. What if we build the bars according to the speed of price change, i.e. conditionally the first pseudo derivative? And superimpose the second one on top, i.e. acceleration? I wonder what the result would be? )

Alexey Volchanskiy:
A thought occurred to me. What if we build bars according to the speed of price change, i.e., conditionally, the first pseudo-derivative? And then put the second one on top, i.e. acceleration? I wonder what the result would be? )

I would count the time as "1" in such a case. That is, the time interval between ticks/group of ticks is "1".

I don't know how to do this.

Karputov Vladimir:

I would count the time as "1" in such a case. That is, the time interval between ticks/group of ticks is "1".

I don't know how to do this.

Well, we can draw our own Renko-type candlestick chart, right? Make on this principle, i.e. a standalone chart. I should think over how to draw it.) Maybe I will, I will post it in KB.