Is it necessary to analyse the bars/curves on the timeframe? - page 7

Uladzimir Izerski:

The question is correctly posed, should you or should you not analyse candlesticks/bars?

Of course you should. They provide information that can be analysed.

I just recently decomposed a bullish candle - Well, very bullish). After the decomposition it turned out to be not bullish, but range trading. It came out, and so it stayed.) The example is not the only one. So, the candlesticks have too much information. It is more effective to look at the lower TFs.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Just recently I was decomposing a bullish candle - Well, very bullish). After decomposing it turned out to be not bullish at all, but a range trade. It came out and stayed there.) The example is not the only one. So, the candlesticks have too much information. It is more effective to look at the lower TFs.

:))) was putting out, well, a very bullish candle. After decomposing it turned out to be not a bull... :))))

With one candle you might have a lot of trouble, but if you have 10 it's a different calendars.

Even in one bullish one you will see at least 7 history indicators.

Uladzimir Izerski:

:))) was putting out, well, a very bullish candle. After decomposing it turned out to be not a bull... :))))

With one candle you might have a lot of tension, but if you have 10 it's a completely different calendars.

The idea to view ticks inside a candlestick has been floating around for a long time - something like this: you point the mouse on a candlestick, and somewhere in the window the player plays ticks of which this candlestick is formed.

Karputov Vladimir:
For a long time I've been thinking about making a view of ticks inside a candle - something like this: you point the mouse at a candle, and somewhere in a window the player plays ticks from which the candle is formed.
Now, this is an interesting idea. No need to run through the TF.

Uladzimir Izerski:
Now that's an interesting idea. No need to run through the TF.
Bookmarked topic:Viewing ticks inside a candle

Uladzimir Izerski:

With one candle it might be a big strain, but if there are 10 it's a different calendars altogether.

9 rising and 10 stopping before going down. But it looked good.)) And looked like a real one.

Only the 1st TF, and do what you want with it.)) You can watch the tics at the last stage if you really want to.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

9 growth, and the 10th stop before draining. It looked so good.)) And looked like a real one.

Only the 1st TF, and do what you want with it.)) You can watch the tics at the last stage if you really want to.

Tiki does not give any guarantee, as well as other TFs, that this is the right entry or exit.

Big players see good liquidity in levels visible to all and eagerly absorb it. Ticks in these cases will not help or save you in any way.

It's no secret that it's better to place protective stop orders than to look at ticks.)

Uladzimir Izerski:

Tics provide no guarantee, like other TFs, that this is the right place to enter or exit.

The big players, in levels visible to all, see good liquidity and are more than happy to absorb it. Ticks in these cases will not help or save in any way.

I will not reveal a secret if I say that it is better to put protective stop orders, than to look at ticks).

That's the way it is. On their own, of course, they don't.

We are not big players. We need smaller TFs too). Stops are a complicated thing. I use emergency - in case of Internet failure and other unexpected things that happens very rarely, and close on the situation - as the cards fall.

Suppose we have five-digit ticks and need to make them into ticks of let's say four-digit. One option - at the moment of forming a new tick of 4-digit, fix the opening price and then monitor from that moment, the maximum and minimum price. As soon as the difference maximum-minimum becomes more than 10 points of the 5-symbol, form the next tick of 4-symbol. As a result we will have bars - the opening price of max or min. and the closing price coinciding with the max or min. Exactly the same way we can build ticks (bars), e.g. 3-digit, i.e. in 10p. 4-digit.

If you generalize this approach, you will get a chart with bars called ranged bars. They were invented, in my opinion, about 20 years ago. In fact, it's a tick chart detached from time, with an arbitrary tick size. The real coeditors use the degree of two, e.g. 2^3, 2^6, 2^8 in 4 digits when selecting the size of the Range Bar. Fans of mathematics can choose the size of the change bar in e^pi, pi^e, or the length of the circle of a given radius in pips. Fibonacci fans - bars are sized according to the Fibonacci series.

In fact, ranged bars are an amplitude filter. Like any filter, they introduce a delay to the signal being filtered, but whereas in a timeline view the delay is in time, in a Range Bar it is in amplitude.

For successful trading, it is important to know the sequence of events - what comes first C+A, or C-A, where C is the current price and A is a number of pips. Knowing the timing of what will happen is redundant, it complicates the task.

sibirqk:

Suppose we have five-digit ticks and need to make them into ticks of let's say four-digit. One option - at the moment of forming a new tick of 4-digit, fix the opening price and then monitor from that moment, the maximum and minimum price. As soon as the difference maximum-minimum becomes more than 10 points of the 5-symbol, form the next tick of 4-symbol. As a result we will have bars - the opening price of max or min. and the closing price coinciding with the max or min. Exactly the same way we can build ticks (bars), e.g. 3-digit, i.e. in 10p. 4-digit.

If you generalize this approach, you will get a chart with bars called ranged bars. They were invented, in my opinion, about 20 years ago. In fact, it's a tick chart detached from time, with an arbitrary tick size. The real coeditors use the degree of two, e.g. 2^3, 2^6, 2^8 in 4 digits when selecting the size of the Range Bar. Fans of mathematics can choose the size of the change bar in e^pi, pi^e, or the length of the circle of a given radius in pips. Fibonacci fans - bars are sized according to the Fibonacci series.

In fact, ranged bars are an amplitude filter. Like any filter, they introduce a delay to the signal being filtered, but whereas in a timeline view the delay is in time, in a Range Bar it is in amplitude.

For successful trading, it is important to know the sequence of events - what comes first C+A, or C-A, where C is the current price and A is a number of pips. Knowing the timing of what will happen is redundant, it complicates the task.

IMHO this approach is more suitable for in-depth study of price history than for making money.

The hopeful amplitude of 1-5 points on the history of 50-50000 bars will be destroyed by 1 tick of 50-100 points in any subsequent moment.

On history(retrospectively) you'll never make a profit, and on a guesswork the probability of loss will always be more than 50%. It's not about not being able to profit at all from exchanges, it's about a specific methodology.

Of course, you can experiment with ticks if you are interested, but what will be the result? In complex analysis it may have a positive effect on entering or exiting a position more precisely in high-frequency trading. But I hope everyone understands that even hard stops will not save you from a 100pp tick. Whether it's more than 100 or less doesn't matter, but the stop will end up at the other end of the tick. And without stops the losses can be more significant.