FOMC 21.09.2016 - page 6

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Yes, a real cent. I'm writing myself, so you can only scold yourself. I was joking about the whole cutlet, not my style. For now I've set my limits and sensitivity higher like this. Red lines - buy range, blue - sell. We'll see...

The upper blue one is buying and the lower red one is selling?

Spike was in both directions ....

The upper one to 1.1189 and the lower one to 1.1133.
That means (if on MT4) both buy and sell orders should have been opened, and both of them were going to stop loss as I understand ...

Sergey Golubev:
In real life?
No, I'm not an adviser here ... I just remember one case on one English forum, one coder helped a trader - made him an indicator (something about levels, for example 0.0034 and then 0.0024), the trader traded this indicator (no idea how he watched it with a magnifier) and lost 10 quid. So, two years after that he (the trader) was posting on numerous forums that the bad programmer has created a bad indicator. Imagine, he wrote everywhere: "I lost 10 dollars! For two years he wrote everywhere...

If to use the demo, then if to go up, the level for the buy stop appears: 1.1167. But as if one trades by the resistance levels, one should indent upwards, so 1.1170 or 1.1175 for the buy stop is outlined somewhere. For a sell stop we would say 1.1149, but as it is the support level, then the downside would be somewhere around 1.1140.

But I would take 1.1189 and 1.1122 as there is less risk. In fact it is somewhere around 1.1195 for a buy stop and 1.1115 for a sell stop.
Because 1.1167 can already be broken through before the news.
That's where we should have opened (it wouldn't have opened now, so there would be no loss).

Sergey Golubev:
The upper blue one is buying and the lower red one is selling?

Nah, the two blue ones are selling range, the red ones are buying. By the way, the cent real is on MT4, and I rewrote the robot to MT5 hedge demo ECN. I have many times more trades on MT5, I don't know why yet.

I will send you pictures later.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Nah, the two blue ones are selling range, the red ones are buying. By the way, the cent real is on MT4 and I rewrote the robot to MT5 hedge demo ECN. I have many times more trades on MT5, I don't know why yet.

I will send you pictures later.

I tried to use pending Limits with pending stops?
or i dont understand ... range or levels?

Closed at breakeven:

Files:
new1.zip  9 kb

Sergey Golubev:
Are the pending limiters with pending stops?
or I don't understand ... range or levels?

This is the allowed trading range for a scalper. Well so I don't open buying at the top ranges and selling at the bottom. I move them with my hands, regular lines. Orders are all market orders, I haven't set pendants yet.

I've done trade and I've earned $21 cents)))) Beer is canceled )))

And now a strange difference in results on MT4 cent and MT5 hedge ECN demo. I will analyze the logs, it is not clear yet.

----------- MT4 cent real --------

21 trades, only one was lossy and closed with -$44, all the rest were winning with TP or internal signal. All trades closed.

----------- MT5 ECN demo --------

Since 21h there are clearly more than a hundred deals, I'm too lazy to count them all, especially those on the news. I am too lazy to count the results. It is a pity MT5 does not allow to set time in report, only date. Here is the image. I do not know what is the reason. I have moved to MT5 hedge only because of tester and optimizer on real ticks. I have not changed the algorithm at all, only order handling and until those blue and red lines were changed in MQL5. There are a lot of "dead ends" left.

Do not consider it as an advertisement as nothing is for sale.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

This is the allowed trading range for a scalper. Well so I don't open buying at the top ranges and selling at the bottom. I move them with my hands, regular lines. Orders are all market orders, I haven't set pendants yet.

I've done trade and I've earned $21 cents)))) Beer is canceled )))

And now a strange difference in results on MT4 cent and MT5 hedge ECN demo. I will analyze the logs, it is not clear yet.

----------- MT4 cent real --------

21 trades, only one was lossy and closed with -$44, all the rest were winning with TP or internal signal. All trades closed.

----------- MT5 ECN demo --------

Since 21h there are clearly more than a hundred deals, I'm too lazy to count them all, especially those on the news. I am too lazy to count the results. It is a pity MT5 does not allow to set time in report, only date. Here is the image. I do not know what is the reason. I have moved to MT5 hedge only because of tester and optimizer on real ticks. I have not changed the algorithm at all, only order handling and until those blue and red lines were changed in MQL5. There are a lot of "dead ends" left.

Do not take it as an advertisement, because nothing is for sale.

Something very subtle... A tick scalper?
Me, I do it the old-fashioned way - I open orders with my hands, place a stop, move it with my mouse, shift it to breakeven and that's it.

-------

Here it is clearly seen that the levels of technical analysis, and so to speak fundamental levels (which the topic starter is trying to suggest) - very often have little in common with practical trading, if it occurs at the time of high-priority news releases for example.

That is, if I am told that for some unknown reason I must do buy for some reason, as the topic starter says, then I can ignore the request :)

Although, maybe at the end of the day at the close of the daily candle his buy will give profit ... But it is (at least for us - his theory is known only to him as I understand it) - random (like flipping a coin).

Sergey Golubev:
Something very tricky... A tick scalper?
I'm the old-fashioned way - I open orders by hand, put a stop, move the stop with the mouse, move it to breakeven, and that's it.

-------

Here it is clearly seen that the levels of technical analysis, and so to speak fundamental levels (which the topic starter is trying to suggest) - very often have little in common with practical trading, if it occurs at the time of high-priority news releases for example.

That is, if I am told that for some unknown reason I must do buy for some reason, as the topic starter says, then I can ignore the request :)

Although, maybe at the end of the day at the close of the daily candle his buy will give profit ... But it is (at least for us - his theory is known only to him as I understand it) - random (like flipping a coin).
Yep, teak, I'm trying to make a rebounder out of it now. I trade with hands too, not to lose my nose )
And I don't understand the TC system at all, some kind of stream of emotions.

Here he said that buy at 1.1157, and I have a chart here, and the arrow marks when this buy:

You can see that the price is in a primary uptrend, i.e. - above 200 SMA, i.e., if traded in the trend, the buy signals are considered valid, while the sell signals in this area of the chart are not.

But a primary trend also has a secondary trend.

For example, we take a taxi uphill to the shop. It's a primary uptrend up the mountain. For example, I talked to the taxi driver, and we drove through a shop, and I said to him: "Go back 20 meters". That is, he makes 20 metres back and this is called a secondary trend, in our case it is a correction, because the implication is that we buy everything in the shop and drive further up the mountain.

And if we drive down the mountain, it is a primary downtrend and if we also pass the shop and back up, it is also a secondary trend, only in case of a primary downtrend it is called a rally (meaning that we make a local uptrend like a rally and then drive further down the mountain again).

So, here buy 1.1157 is correct - price reached 1.1195 and there could be a profit.
But also say sell 1.1157 is also correct, because the price was at 1.1132, and there is profit here too.

No matter what you say, what is a sell and what is a buy, it will always be correct (only "sideways" is wrong here). Because each primary trend has a local counter-trend and it is a matter of whether we trade in a trend or against the trend (we only trade in the secondary trend), and what timeframe it matters.