FOMC 21.09.2016 - page 4

But on March 16 a similar news would have traded well:

That is, if the buy stop order had been, for example, at 1.1110, then the high at the end of the day was then 1.1240, that is, the standard 100 or 70 pips profit could have been made here.

Sergey Golubev:
Moved the post from the new branch to this old one (and deleted the new branch).

Let there be one branch with "confusion" (rather than two) :)

First BUY =1.11574

Andrii Maksymchuk:
скорее всего это показатель исходя из методики автора, принцип определения вероятности, я так понял, основан на методике "от обратного". В классическом варианте трейдеры стараются определить направление движения цены исходя из результатов принятия решений ФРС (или других подобных структур), а в основе методики автора заложен принцип обратный, тоесть вероятность события (в данном случае повышение ставки ФРС) зависит от расположения цен и направлений движения определенных инструментов.
Интересный подход как по мне.

accurate definition but not probability, but unambiguity or median

Andrii Maksymchuk:
this is most likely an indicator based on the author's methodology, the principle of determining probability, I understand, is based on a "backward-looking" methodology. In a classical case, traders try to determine the direction of the price movement based on the results of decisions made by the Fed (or other similar structures), and the author's methodology is based on the reverse principle, i.e. the probability of an event (in this case, a Fed rate increase) depends on the location of prices and movement directions of certain instruments.
An interesting approach if you ask me.

Evgeny Belyaev:
The probability can range from 0 to 100%. Probability cannot be a negative value.
If we are talking about probability then yes, but if the answer is unambiguous then the two options are no means negative and yes means positive!

GS10:
If we are talking about probability then yes, but if the answer is unambiguous then two options are no means negative and yes means positive!
This is from the realm of sophistry ) Even in MQL/C++ true==1, false ==0.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
This is from the realm of sophistry ) Even in MQL/C++ true==1, false ==0.

and EMPTY_VALUE andNULL are only for rich people)

probability = 1/2 - is it 0 or 1?

Is the number 0 a + or -?

Gentlemen - an argument about nothing.

Yes and no answers can be expressed differently.

That's why it's common to call the word "probability" together with the adjective "Relative".

GS10:
First BUY =1.11574
Great, but it's already been there, somewhere (if it's M5 timeframe):

------

You be more active or I'll promote your branch and sell something here (not you) :)
Just kidding, no offense ... This is a forum for all things free (for a paid service).

You would, for example, write an article (articles can be written here), it would be easier to make posts in a thread - articles can PR, and the commerce or "something for themselves only" - can not: a thread will be deleted ... and my posts would disappear ...

new-rena:
EMPTY_VALUE andNULL are notions only for rich guys).

GS10 wrote "... no means negative and yes means positive!"

And yet you're talking about something else. By the way, then we should add void to the list too. And to confuse youth completely, add void* )))) There's no NaN for the real ones in MQL, is there?

Sergey Golubev:
Great, but it's already been here somewhere (if it's M5 timeframe):

------

You be more active or I'll promote your branch and sell something here (not you) :)
Just kidding, no offense ... This is a forum for all things free (for a paid service).

You would, for example, write an article (articles can be written here), it would be easier to make posts in a thread - articles can PR, and the commerce or "something for themselves only" - can not: a thread will be deleted ... and my posts would disappear ...

No, higher, somewhere at 1.1156, i.e. the Symmetrical Triangle movement pattern is broken ... or not, but the resistance level has been outlined as 1.1167.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

GS10 wrote "... no means negative and yes means positive!"

And yet you're talking about something else. By the way, then we should add void to the list too. And to confuse youth completely, add void* )))) There's no NaN for the real ones in MQL, is there?

Oh, yeah)

I've just looked around. I do not understand anything in the first screenshot of the topic.

Moved to normal TA.

I'd like a closer look at the explanation of the screenshot - what's there and what's what.