Oil - perspectives, expectations, opinions. - page 7

Nikolay Perevidin:
Sergey Kriushin:
As soon as they will make a battery, capable to lift the plane or at least one person, and it's near - that's the end of the oil era... and thank goodness - the Earth has overheated beyond words... there are superconductors on the way... this is going to be a crisis... so this is just the beginning...

Don't forget chemistry, very much in need of oil and/or natural gas.

About the aeroplane - you are right below, there are already such light-engine airplanes.

Recently my son brought a quadcopter, he didn't expect how fast it is, the batteries last about 20 minutes. And it's a cheap model for 8000 rubles.

A barrel of vodka 63600 rub. It's time to build a pipeline.

Alexandr Murzin:
A barrel of vodka is 63600 roubles. It's time to build a pipeline.

I suggest from St. Petersburg to Finland, where 0.7 Stolichnaya costs about 3,500 rbl. That's a barrel of 795,000 roubles or $12230. Soon we will be able to get the country out of the oil boa).

Of course, it is a pity for the Finns, but they have the highest number of suicides in the EU.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I suggest from St. Petersburg to Finland, where 0.7 Stolichnaya costs about 3,500 rbl. That's a barrel of 795,000 roubles or $12230. Soon we will be able to get the country out of the oil boa).

Finns are certainly sad, but they have the highest number of suicides in the EU.

They can't stand their nerves without vodka.

Do something about water. Arabs have no water.

After the EUR meeting, the growth leader. For how long?

Oil and gold are just copying the EURUSD chart.

There were no surprises, as expected the rate remained unchanged, although of course there was more wagging of the finger than expected. Perhaps that is why the Euro did not go straight to 1.13.

The outcome of the December meeting now depends on the inflation and jobs data. If inflation does not rise or god forbid starts to slow down and jobs start to shrink, the December policy rate is very likely to be left as is and EUR/USD is above 1.15 and Brent over 55$. If inflation is up, new jobs >200k and unemployment is <= 4.9% then a rate hike in December is a done deal. And as a consequence EUR/USD below 1.10 and brent below $40

sibirqk:

There was no surprise, as expected, the rate remained unchanged, although of course the finger was wagged harder than expected. Probably that is why the Euro did not go to 1.13.

The outcome of the December meeting now depends on the inflation and jobs data. If inflation does not rise or god forbid starts to slow down and jobs start to shrink, the December policy rate is very likely to be left as is and EUR/USD is above 1.15 and Brent over 55$. If inflation is up, new jobs >200k and unemployment is <= 4.9% then a rate hike in December is a done deal. And as a consequence EUR/USD below 1.10 and brent below $40

So, if they raise the rate, the dollar will go up, and if they don't, it will go down.

Well, that's genius, eh.....

Дмитрий:

So, if they raise the rate, the dollar will go up, and if they don't, it will go down.

Well, that's genius, eh.....

I'm glad you finally realized that. As they say, better late than never.

sibirqk:

I'm glad you finally realised that. As they say, better late than never.

Yes, it took me a long time to realise the value of predictions like "up or down".

Дмитрий:
Yes, it took me a long time to realise the value of "up or down" forecasts.
A "sideways" forecast is very valuable, if it is correct of course.