Stable MTS - page 12

Oleg Shenker:

P.S. By the way, there is no "based on real ticks" mode, all ticks within the minute bars are artificially generated.

How about opening the MetaTrader 5 terminal:) ? "based on real ticks" sounds like this: "Every tick is based on real ticks".

Sergey Pavlov:

Look at the results of the Automated Trading Championship. There was a battle of the robots there for 3 months. These are real results, i.e. none of the participants could influence the performance of their EA.

Three months is, unfortunately, too short a story. I personally wrote several systems, which showed brilliant results over several years. But then they suffered drawdowns or went into a prolonged flat, or even lost money.

And then I cannot load robots from the Championship into my tester. I prefer to test the algorithms myself.

Oleg Shenker:

It is enough for me to look at the results. What's inside there - let it remain a secret of the developers (however, I need a general understanding of what the robot does, I don't want to buy a martingale in a bag).

I'm not going to debunk anyone. It's enough for me to understand that a person has brought in a bogey to not deal with him, I'm not going to publicly prove that he's a crook. That's not my job. That's the Almighty's job.

It's called performance statistics, not an algorithm. Well, as I told you earlier, workhorses don't need investors. So it makes no sense to publish them either. In addition, to invest, you also need to be able to, and you do not know how. You are looking for a ready-made, public project, you are a investor, not an investor.

Oleg Shenker:
A few million greenbacks for starters. Provided it really works.
Show me the money )

Комбинатор:
Show us the money )

You've been here a long time, you should be used to millionaires and grail makers popping up from time to time :)

Oleg Shenker:

Three months is unfortunately too short a story.

3 months on the real is a good story. Another issue is that the results need to be analysed in depth. The average life time of a tuneless TS is somewhere between half a year and a year.

I believe that even tuning-testing should not be performed on an interval longer than half a year. For some strategies, maybe a year at the most.

Another issue is the possibility of further adaptation of the TS to the changing realities. We do not even mean self-adaptation.

Karputov Vladimir:
But what if I open the MetaTrader 5 terminal :) If I open the terminal MetaTrader 5 :) "based on real ticks" - in Russian it sounds like this: "Every tick is based on real ticks".

OK, my bad. I misspoke. There is such a mode. But!

"Testing and optimizing on real ticks is as close to real conditions as possible. Instead ofgenerated on the basis of the minute data, real ticks, accumulated by a broker for financial instruments, are used. These are ticks from exchanges and liquidity providers."

If! If a broker has accumulated a tick history on its server. Unfortunately, brokers only store tick history for a few months (maybe a few years). If a broker had a long enough tick history, methacwots wouldn't bother inventing a tick modelling algorithm.

So de facto - there is no such mode. Well, hell with it, if the algorithm is not engaged in scalping, and trades on H1-H4, you can also test on minute bars. That is not the question. The question is that none of the algorithms I have tried has shown more or less stable results.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

3 months on the real is a good story. Another issue is that the results need to be analysed in depth. The average life time of a tuneless TS is somewhere between half a year and a year.

I believe that even setup-testing over an interval longer than half a year is not reasonable. For some strategies, maybe a year at the most.

Another issue is the possibility of subsequent adaptation of the TS to the changing realities.

Three hairs on the head is very little, and three hairs in the soup is a lot.

We are talking about testing strategies. The data on three-month history does not have enough statistical reliability to draw any conclusions. Besides, we need to look at the Expert Advisor in different types of markets, and there has not been a serious mode change in three months.

Комбинатор:
Show me the money )
Show who, you show your face first.

Alexey Busygin:
This is called work statistics, not an algorithm. Well, as I told you earlier, workhorses do not need investors. So there is no point in publishing them. In addition, to invest, you also need to be able to, and you do not know how. You are looking for a ready, public project, you are a investor, not an investor.

OK, let's call it an investor. Especially since I've already figured out who you are calling an investor.

Excuse me, Alexei. If you have nothing to say, just close this thread. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything worthwhile from you. But many of you said what you had to say and went quietly minding your own business.

Apparently you just do not have their own thing.