Forex - work or play? What do you think? - page 11

Shalom.
Forex is not a game or a job. It is an investment. There are professional traders - that is their job, to manage investors' capital. And for many such traders, who trade on Forex in their spare time from their main job, for them Forex is just a hobby, a pastime.

I think so.

Moves:
Shalom.
Forex is not a game or a job. It is an investment. There are professional traders - that is their job, to manage investors' capital. And for many such traders, who trade on Forex in their spare time from their main job, for them Forex is just a hobby, a pastime.

I think so.
You can call it anything you want, but it doesn't change the essence.

Moves:
Shalom.

I think so.
Exactly! )
I agree )

The trouble is that we have to educate not only traders, but investors too.

Otherwise many passengers, having watched the "cosmonauts" with their 100500+ percent a day, invest there, and then, after a quite logical loss, start shouting about a hoax.

That's how it looks to me.

how you feel about the activity is what it is...

No, it's still a pity about the "investors'" money.

These are:

1. creativity;

2. Validation of accumulated knowledge and experience face to face with the most interesting, real and unexplored financial market;

3. addiction; 4;

4. adrenaline;

5. Losses;

6. Gaining experience as a substitute for loss, possibly with a subsequent return and multiplication of previous losses;

7. The ability to educate oneself not to take excessive risks;

8. Only use cent accounts to create and test your TS, it is the destiny of investors to follow your success, I would advise you never to risk your considerable funds;

9. Never test your TS on demo accounts, only on cent accounts;

10. Never forget the 5/95 rule;

11. give preference to auto-trading;

12. For the first 5 years treat it as a game, realizing that, the game has losses as well as gains. Only then, if all goes well, gradually move on to serious work; if not, keep playing.

What is the 5/95 rule, pardon my ignorance?

Vadim Shishkin:

5% - trading on the plus side;

95% are in the negative.

Vadim Shishkin:

And this is taken from the books, where 5 are on the plus side and 95 are on the loss side.

This is bullshit, there is a statistic that can also be used as a guide:

"According to the NFA, among US forex companies, about 10% of clients close the year in the plus, about 30% fluctuate near zero, 60-70% percent close the year in the negative (any). Stable profitability month after month is not more than 1-2%".