Algorithm Optimisation Championship. - page 66

Andrey Dik:

Well, I wasn't dreaming about him.

So what, you're writing here, and suddenly it's gone! I am fiercely outraged!

Maybe it was an accident... A mistake... technical malfunction... Anything's possible. It's no big deal.

Реter Konow:
Maybe it was an accident... Error... a malfunction... Anything's possible. It's no big deal.
Of course it's okay. It's just that people won't get the information that was meant for them.

Andrei, not to promote yourself, but to save your championship, I would like to draw your attention to your mistakes and related aspects:

1. None of the participants (whether they know AO or not) wants to take part in the championship so as to get a spot in it as a "crowd". Everyone hopes for a place of honour, at the very least.

2. None of the participants wants to appear incompetent, and therefore often remain silent when they do not understand. And your theories, examples and style of presenting the problem are so far removed from the ordinary human perception that they do not help, but rather confuse. In addition, it is clear that you do not consider it necessary to try and "explain" the essence of the problem to ill-informed participants. You do not need to guide them to read a book, do not need to show them cartoons, it is enough to set out all the simple and clear as I did.

Having understood the essence of the task, participants become more competent. An urge to invent methods of solving them wakes up, motivation appears, and there is even a reason to hope for a prize.

3 It is not necessary to assert your own advantage. Your own special rights in the championship. Decide who should participate and who should not. This creates a bad impression. The simultaneous combination of the rights of the organizer of the championship and its participant, puts you above others. It may not be pleasant. The only way to rise above others is to take a higher place in the standings.

4. It is not necessary to put obstacles in the wheels of participants, who tried to improve the rules, technical details and otherwise wanted to solve some important issues. If there is a competent suggestion from a participant - it should be considered and, if necessary, voted on.

Personally, I also want to take a prize. I have no experience in writing AOs, but I have experience dealing with obscure problems. Also, many other people have this experience. Let everyone have a chance.

Conclusion: We must solve all problems together on an equal foot ing.

Suggestion: reset the championship. Continue on my thread.

Реter Konow:

Andrei, not to promote yourself, but to save your championship, I would like to draw your attention to your mistakes and related aspects:

1. None of the participants (whether they know AO or not) wants to take part in the championship so as to get a spot in it as a "crowd". Everyone hopes for a place of honour, at the very least.

2. None of the participants do not want to look incompetent, and therefore often silent when they do not understand something. And your theories, examples and style of presenting the problem are so far removed from the usual human perception that they do not help, but rather confuse. In addition, it is clear that you do not consider it necessary to try and "explain" the essence of the problem to ill-informed participants. You do not need to guide them to read a book, do not need to show them cartoons, it is enough to set out all the simple and clear as I did.

Having understood the essence of the task, participants become more competent. An urge to invent methods of solving them wakes up, motivation appears, and there is even a reason to hope for a prize.

3 It is not necessary to assert your own advantage. Your own special rights in the championship. Decide who should participate and who should not. This creates a bad impression. The simultaneous combination of the rights of the organizer of the championship and its participant, puts you above others. It may not be pleasant. The only way to rise above others is to take a higher place in the standings.

4. It is not necessary to put obstacles in the wheels of participants, who tried to improve the rules, technical details and otherwise wanted to solve some important issues. If there is a competent suggestion from a participant - it should be considered and, if necessary, voted on.

Personally, I also want to take a prize. I have no experience in writing AOs, but I have experience dealing with obscure problems. Also, many other people have this experience. Let everyone have a chance.

Conclusion: We should solve all issues together on an equal footing.

Suggestion: reset the championship. Continue on my thread.

You are an interesting person (no sarcasm), all woven of contradictions. Suspiciousness is combined with faith in people, interesting ideas are mixed with complete nonsense...

Any competition, any championship is held within certain rules, under equal conditions for all. Competitors are never given a right to correct rules, otherwise the competition becomes senseless. Everyone will consciously or subconsciously pull the blanket over themselves, trying to change the conditions of the competition to get an advantage. It is not for nothing that they say "we must compete by the rules", or "he won unfairly" .....

But you haven't even declared the rules and conditions (that should be done in the first place). And if there are no rules and conditions, there is no competition, they are mutually exclusive. You will get not the championship, but the usual endless discussion and exchange of pleasantries....

But, the only thing you are right about is that the organiser should not be allowed to participate, in any form or even just be present in the standings "just for fun"...

A great solution would be to take the reins of the Metakvotes championship, and thus give me the right to participate on an equal footing with everyone else. Plus, they could influence individuals who blatantly mock the event and participants.

But MQ have not shown any interest in the championship for over a month now, and this is the only potential sponsor for the participants... And the only person who could keep the championship clean and tidy.

I admit my failure in running the championship For All. But I won the duel with the one who challenged me, my opponent silently admitting defeat by refusing to participate in the battle of algorithms.

Adieu, championship!

Participants who signed up for this championship, you can petition MQ for an official championship. And the administration stopped responding to my messages weeks ago.

Andrey Dik:

Adieu, the championship!

It's not clear - is the championship dead?

The last Negro looked tired,
He went to hang himself, and no one was there.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

It's not clear - is the championship dead?

The last Negro looked tired,
He went to hang himself, and there was no one left.

Yeah, it's over. Just like you wanted, just like you wanted.

Andrey Dik:
Yeah, fuck it. Just the way you wanted it and the way you wanted it.

What's it got to do with me, you punk.

Andrey Dik...

I propose to make a decentralised championship, namely that each participant can propose their own FF function if they wish.

To do this, all that is needed is to agree on the FF interfaces - its parameters.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

I propose to make a decentralised championship, namely that each participant can propose their own FF function if they wish.

For this purpose, it is sufficient to agree on the FF interfaces - its parameters.

That's what I said - suggest it! From all the proposed FFs, a common one would be formed at random.

Or you are suggesting to have a separate tournament table for each proposed FF?

Who would check all this stuff, how would the championship be organised?

Andrey Dik:

That's what I said - suggest it! A common one would be randomly generated from all the proposed FFs.

Or do you suggest keeping a separate league table for each proposed FF?

Who would check all this stuff, how would the championships be implemented?

In general, the idea is that everyone would be able to post his/her own FF here as an ex5.

Everyone will be able to check the results. They will only need to download the published FF and run a search for its maximal value in their script. The result can be posted here, but must be accompanied by the algorithm also as ex5 so that anyone can check his finding.