Algorithm Optimisation Championship. - page 13

Technically, the curve on the X,Y axis graph is only in two-dimensional space. If the Z-axis is added, the graph space becomes three-dimensional. A set of curves need not overlap, they can be sequentially located along the Z-axis. Then the algorithm will also sequentially explore the already three-dimensional surface.

It is possible to make a very complex surface not only by superimposing function curves on each other, but also by arranging them one after another along the Z-axis. I could write an algorithm that would handle the task of finding peaks of different scales on a complex three-dimensional surface, with a minimum number of views of it...

The question is - how far am I deviating in my understanding (following accepted analogies) from the subject matter of the championship?

IMHO. The discussion has gone off into the distance...

How about starting the first round of the championship with a simple task that everyone can understand?

For example, a simple example:

Find the roots of the equation: 34a+43b+16c+30d+23e=6268;

All kinds of algorithms can be used: brute force, evolutionary, pre-revolutionary...

Participants solve an equation given by the organiser. The fastest and most accurate answer is the winner.

Yuri Evseenkov:

IMHO. The discussion has gone off into the distance...

How about starting the first round of the championship with a simple task that everyone can understand?

For example, a simple example:

Find the roots of the equation: 34a+43b+16c+30d+23e=4492;

All algorithms can be used: brute force, evolutionary, pre-revolutionary...

Participants solve an equation given by the organiser. The fastest and most accurate answer is the winner.

+++

examples of complex surfaces:

and the following one I myself compiled based on the interaction of two variables and their informativeness about the target variable

О! I mean surfaces like that. Very nice. :)

You don't need to look for all the bumps, just one more or less high. This is an optimisation task, not a mathematical one.

I would like to participate, but for now it is only acceptable for me to have the organisers lay out the data and ask for a solution in any way and in any language.

Unfortunately, in my understanding I cannot relate clear examples of finding peaks on a surface, and the notorious optimization. Obviously, optimisation does not refer to the efficiency of finding peaks of a surface created from function curves. Then what?