Retrieving a price stream via WebSocket in C#. - page 2

Dmitriy Skub:
Yes, they are greedy, what can you do?) But if you want to arbitrage, api is the only option available.
Some years ago (before crisis), I worked with gold futures and took free quotes from an imported site, because they were slightly ahead of FORTS and + moreover were less noisy. So, sometimes you can do it for free.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
If possible, please send me some other links. Not every page can be used to pull information from it. Connect - you connect, but the format of the data is stored in, say, Flash. And paragraph.
And please send me also, I'm in Sharp, I'll dig, and the question is really interesting.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
I suspect the API requires an account.

I tried to get it for free, signed up, got a demo account, got an email and that was it. No API and no access to the demo, it's rubbish. Here is an excerpt from this email

Welcome to the LMAX Exchange demo platform, please log inhere. In our test environment you will be able to explore the LMAX Exchange platform, making use of all the same functionalities and tools that are available on the live trading platform. Our demo environment is designed to provide you with live prices and to give you a realistic trading experience.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I tried to get it for free, signed up, got a demo account, got an email and that was it. No API and no access to the demo, it's rubbish. Here is an excerpt from this email

Welcome to the LMAX Exchange demo platform, please log inhere. In our test environment you will be able to explore the LMAX Exchange platform, making use of all the same functionalities and tools that are available on the live trading platform. Our demo environment is designed to provide you with live prices and to give you a realistic trading experience.

API - just read the pdf of the description from their website tonight. Link later if I find it a second time - not very much, but buried.

PS If promised, link to API - https://www.lmax.com/professional/access

ZS Maybe what I do not understand, the API is not available or not available?

Access | LMAX Professional
  • www.lmax.com
Front-end trading software solutions enable access to LMAX Exchange liquidity through a 3rd party trading interface. AlphaNovae is designed for algorithmic and active professional trading that demands best execution. AlphaTrader modular infrastructure is fully integrated with the LMAX Exchange FIX and API, enabling clients to seamlessly...

They give an api (at least they did), and a demo to it, but only on request, try to write to them... although their demo is useless...

and on the web socket, the protocol and commands you can try viawireshark to peek at, there will be time in the week also i will try ;) ...although it may be encrypted, but let's see anyway

Dmitriy Skub:
Yes, they are greedy, what can you do?) But if you want to arbitrage, api is the only option available.
I want to check it first, not pay for something that may not work)

Andrey Ziablytsev:

They give you an api (at least they did), and a demo to it, but only on request, try to write to them... although their demo is useless...

and on the web socket, the protocol and commands you can try via wireshark to peek at, there will be time in the week also i will try ;) ...although it may be encrypted, but let's see anyway

i can't go to an mt4 Demo, it's not available, i can get it through another broker who is directly connected to their liquidity, right through mt4. in lmax you can also ask for mt4, but only after you open a live account

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
I want to check it first, and not pay for something that may not work).
With a lot of persistence you can get both API and demo for some time (for 2 weeks) from LMAX. There is also Rithmix - everything is easier to get there.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

you can get a demo through their introducing broker http://fxmtf.com/, like mt4, but it hangs a lot, tried it out )
Trade FOREX and CFD's on a MTF LMAX Exchange
Trade FOREX and CFD's on a MTF LMAX Exchange
  • fxmtf
  • fxmtf.com
There are no dealers on the LMAX Exchange, making Forex and CFD trading on the LMAX Exchange neutral and transparent. With no dealer intervention – requotes are a thing of the past – our cutting-edge technology purely and simply matches clients’ best bids to the best offers. The Forex and CFD prices you see on the LMAX Exchange are created by...

Dmitriy Skub:
With a lot of persistence you can get both API and demo for some time (2 weeks) from LMAX. There is also Rithmix, which is easier to get.
For rithmix, sqg and saxo it is necessary to write a program which will pull quotes from their terminal windows, as far as I know, at least I have only seen such implementations