Artificial indicator buffers - page 3

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I have carefully reread the rules. Not a single rule is violated by the publication of EX4-5.

It may violate point 4.2. And I have already described how it can be. For example, a simple TerminalClose call may prevent a user, running ex5 on his client terminal, from performing a trade operation

You have to admit that the moderators here are no fools and have a keen eye for such situations. And the author himself admitted that he wanted to discuss the idea for the marketplace.

Plus, it's really silly to discuss the idea unilaterally - like I do and I have all the sources, and you just sit here and help...

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

And the author himself admitted that he wanted to discuss the idea for the marketplace.

The author did not say that.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

So, for the future. And a deserving one might.

I might want to post an eh5 to discuss functionality - what's missing, what's bad, etc.

Including on the market, it's not great to put a crude product on the market.

I read the rules carefully. Not a single point of the rules of posting EX4-5.

So they say. It turns out that this is an advertisement for a future product. And advertising of products on the forum is forbidden.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
You can see it here. It turns out that it's an advertisement of a future product. And product advertising is forbidden on the forum.

I'm not the author of the topic. :) Read it carefully. And advertising has nothing to do with it. You can't advertise something that doesn't exist.

I, personally, am not against it at all, that people post EXEshniki. But whether to watch them or not, let everyone decide for himself.

And the author said:

comp:

Why are you doing this?! I don't have a right to post it on Market and I never will. I posted EX5 without any restrictions, to show a brand new kind of indicators. Announced that I will definitely post the code as soon as it's ready to be published. It is impossible to demonstrate the sabot more clearly than to run an indicator.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I'm not the author of the topic. :) Read it carefully. And advertising has nothing to do with it. You can't advertise something that doesn't exist.

I, personally, have no objection to people posting Ekseshniki. And to watch them, no, let everyone decide for himself.

And the author said:

Ah, yes, I didn't read it carefully... I don't see a problem anyway, if you want a real discussion. Especially if not a commercial product in the future. Although on the other hand dunno, not my business :)

Slawa:

It is very suspicious when they give you a clean ex5 without sources. It can be anything - it can eat up all available memory, clog disk with files. It can simply crash the terminal.

Experienced users can cope with the consequences - clean folders, delete the problematic schedule. But what will newcomers have to do?

And it's not customary in our country. In all sections of the forum, in Russian and English, we have not more than 100 ex5-files since the very beginning of the resource.

Okay, a self-asserting himself by telling everyone how many terminals there should be and what files he likes to see attached to messages.
But the fact that you, Slava, support this position is too much.

You cannot post ex, prohibit it at the level of forum rules and engine.
You can post only next to the source - say so in the rules or even compile automatically for the lazy.
User behaves suspiciously or tries to cause harm - do not moderate it, ban him!

The thought of entering the forum brings vomiting reflex...

Indeed, this very reflex arises... from the sight of ex files.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Indeed, this very reflex arises... from the sight of ex-files.

It's not an exe, it's safe code running in a sandbox.

The maximum possible harm has been stated here, nothing critical. And if, suddenly, such a malicious ex was found, the user could be banned for a reason (not like now).

Even in the codebase there are ex-files, and here we are talking about a forum. Nonsense.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Even the codebase has ex-files, and this is a forum. Bullshit.

In a codebase? Without the source code? Show me!