FOREX - Trends, forecasts and implications 2016 - page 1302

Vadens:
Please elaborate on the idea...

Shorts with target at 118.45 for now further-more maybe even to 114.76 area.

The risk is 128+-.

Gaining too without enthusiasm.

tuma_news:

I'm not arguing, just giving a prediction.

Thank you! (chuckles)

Timothy, right?

Wasn't a colloputant, was he?

Itum:
Everyone is in selling right now so we need to go up)

Okay. Can you tell me the source of the information?

Did you mean EURJPY?

Валютные позиции | Коэффициенты открытых позиций Форекс | OANDA
  • www.oanda.com
На этих графиках показаны разбивки по последним открытым позициям для основных валютных пар, взятые из книг OANDA. Выборка информации осуществляется каждые 20 минут. Как интерпретировать эти графики (Смотреть видео-учебник) Соотношения позиций. Показывает процент открытых позиций, удерживаемых для каждой из основных валютных пар. Для каждой...

Postponed:

Leonid Borsky, 2016.12.08 08:07

Seasonal trading
==========
Greetings to forum visitors!
By popular request of my friends - we open a new experimental thread. This topic assumes futures trading on multi-year seasonal trends. There will be proposed and fundamentally-technically-grounded seasonal entries/exits for the instruments of the commodity-funds market (indices, grains, commodities, SOFT-instruments, etc.), as well as their calendar and intermarket spreads. The preference will be given to the entries, available in the trading platform MT4 (MT5).

We have run a similar thread on one of the trading forums before, and it was the absolute leader in attendance at one time. In addition, we demonstrated some techniques of such trading earlier here, in the "Spread Trading" branch https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/122468/page250 However, since about the beginning of 2013 commodity-futures SFD began to disappear from the MT4 platform. Presumably because of the good profitability of this trading methodology. However, since late 2015 and early 2016, due to increased competition between brokerage houses, commodity CFDs have been actively reappearing in MT4 specifications. And seasonal trading in such instruments became relevant again! Already now I can list half a dozen companies where futures SFDs are present in the MT4 Market Watch. Moreover, the Russian broker BCS (don't consider it an advertisement) has direct access to global commodity futures (not cfd) markets in the MT5 platform!

When discussing the current market situations, we will use the materials and recommendations from the well-known seasonal websites, as well as analytical reviews of the futures instruments of the commodities market.
We hope that this thread will become one of the most visited and popular forum threads and will certainly be useful both for the visitors' deposits and in acquiring skills in commodity-futures trading!
A typical example of such seasonal tactics is clearly illustrated by the current price movement of German Dax index, see ticker FDAX in MT4 trading platform (MT5). The figure below shows a graph of the multiyear average seasonal trends (10-5-3) of the March index futures contract in December. The multi-year price lines clearly show that the instrument is seasonally trending upwards in December. In other words, a strong increase of the German index normally begins at the end of the first or second decade of the current month and continues until Christmas. The blue price line represents last year's good December 2015 performance.

According to the above statistics, - the percentage of profitable entries (+11/-2) and the ratio of average profit/loss +180.8/-51.5 (about +360 ticks/-103 ticks: on the Dax exchange scale in 1 tick - 0.5 points) look very good to implement such entry with a small lot in the MT4 platform!

To implement a paired arbitrage seasonal entry, we need indicators (spread indicator and price lines indicator), which can be downloaded from the application. Indicators are adapted for all latest MQL-versions in the MT4 trading platform. Warning! At every new start of the MT4 platform, it is mandatory to click the timeframe "back and forth" to enable the spread indicator and/or the price line indicator to self-adjust. Otherwise, the lines can be drawn incorrectly. I was not able to eliminate this feature using the mt4 program tools. This is caused by the "multicurrency" of indicators, i.e. the readings for drawing in one window are taken from two or more symbols. In a future post we will consider an example of medium-term arbitrage (paired) seasonal entry: ZM-ZL=1^1 (flour-oil).

Continued to follow (Stay tuned!).

Vladimir Karputov, why has the new (opened by me) thread been moved to this thread?

Without explanation, without justification? And without my consent?

My supposed thread has absolutely nothing to do with forex.

Please reinstate my message - as a separate thread.

Greetings Leonid, I thought you'd given it up by now :)

Leonid Borsky:

Vladimir Karputov, why has the new (opened by me) thread been moved to this thread?

Please reinstate my post - as a separate thread.

In fact...

Your own thread, which is more than a year old...

Try creating a thread again and write the first post without mentioning MT4.

Write MT5. It's not going to be moved.

Renat Akhtyamov:

In fact...

Your own thread, which is more than a year old...

Try creating the thread again and write the first post without mentioning MT4.

Write MT5. This will not work.

Thanks, Renat. I'll try again later.

----------------

To Vladimir Zubov: Hello.

Leonid Borsky:

Please reinstate my message - as a separate thread.

Predictions, predictions - in this thread only. You are also welcome to blog.

Lesorub:

To the moonshiners:

What did you say - "Through the paddock"?

The corral is over.

Today your predictions will come true.