Clever strategists, heads and tails rule!!! - page 3

Alexey Volchanskiy:
In general, if you have a big enough deposit you can place orders randomly, but without any stops. In any case the price goes back and forth, one day it will close on the upside. However, swaps... Are swaps modelled on a five?
))) They should be.

if randomness "rules", then stochastic would be the grail. )))))

Vladislav Andruschenko:
and where did the buttons get screwed in? it seems that buttons cannot be used in the tester. we've been asking for a long time. or have you already done it?

buttons can be used in the tester, via crutches. OnChartEvent still doesn't work in the tester.

if(IsTesting())
     {
      OnTimer();

if(all==0)
        {
         if(CheckClickOnTester(m_buy1))
           {
            main.Tick(1,true);
            m_buy1.Pressed(false);
            return;
           }

if(CheckClickOnTester(m_sell1))
           {
            main.Tick(-1,true);
            m_sell1.Pressed(false);
            return;
           }
        }
     }
bool CheckClickOnTester(CButton &button)
  {
   return button.Pressed();
  }

I have this in the OnTick function

and it works fine in the tester.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
Is it about manual trading? My robot places stops far away and closes according to strategy's rules. Of course, it should be done manually.

I tried to code my TS, but failed. The rules are very simple: I look for a sup/res level, wait for a false-break-test of the level, and enter on condition that the price goes into the profitable zone with less than 60ppts.

The rules are very simple: I look for a sup/res level, wait for a false-break-test of the level and then enter, provided that the price goes into the profit zone of not less than 60pp, if the stop is more than 12pp - do not enter.

In practice I see one thing in TC: if I ran down a stop at 5 points, it will be run down at 50 points as well, i.e. there is no sense to sit and watch the loss increase, cut it off at once and I am calm and waiting for the next entry. I trade scalping, I do not use scalping.

On Thursday I got a stop loss of 11 pips. On Friday I have closed a little earlier, something prevented me to hold the position for a while, as I had not got to the level yet and closed it. We will get there next time.)

Pound/Frank pair

Alexandr Gavrilin:

you can use the buttons in the tester.

I have this in the OnTick function

and works fine in the tester.

Thanks, I just don't have buttons but a visualization, so I only need the chart events. :-(

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Trading - scalping, not "suffering" from pips.

Caught a stop at 11 pips on Thursday. On Friday I closed a little earlier, something prevented me from holding the position, the level was a little low - I closed it. We will get there next time.)

Pound/Frank pair

Wow!!! So you're a manual scalper, that's rare. And how many trades per day? I started scalper on Thursday at 18:40 after some break and modifications. On Friday it worked till the end of session with 262 trades. I may finish rebate block and get much more.

How many trades are there manually? This is hell.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Wow!!! So you're a manual scalper, that's rare. And how many trades a day? I started a scalper on Thursday at 18:40 after some break and rework, it worked till the end of the session on Friday, 262 trades. I may finish rebate block and get much more.

How many trades are there manually? This is hell.

I am not greedy) trade 5-7 per day, sometimes 5 losses in a row, but in general I am in profit due to small stops and not quite small profit.

Vitaly Muzichenko:
I am not greedy ) trades 5-7 per day, sometimes 5 losses in a row, but in general I am in profit, due to small stops and not really small profit.

I'm not greedy either, I'm lazy to scalp with my hands ) I'm not greedy either) I'm lazy to do scalping with my hands.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

I sat there for an hour pressing, and at the end of it I even rubbed my toe on the keys.)

Testor martin on Real sooner than you'd hope! Up to 14 in a pack! Programmed "suicide"!

Vasiliy Sokolov:

The problem is that every deal is potentially a pan-failure. Before you get to 100% you risk everything at least once. That's why talk about "knowing how to cook" always comes down to probability: you either get lucky enough to make 100% before you sell out, and then you know how to cook a martin. Or you'll be unlucky and lose your deposit, in which case you don't know how to cook a martin.

The problem is in your head!

How can people not understand that the same martin is just a tool, and how to use it depends only on who holds it in his hands, electricity can illuminate the house, and you can make an electric chair

you can make hundreds of analogies with water, iron, snake venom, etc.