How can I tell if I have decompiled or not? - page 25

Andrey F. Zelinsky:
but look where he's coming from and you'll see.
Shame on you. Discrimination on the basis of nationality is racism. I will complain about you. What's the Gadzooks tribunal looking at?

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Don't make any distortions. And just deal with the problem that is being discussed.

There are regular collective bans going on in Freelance. And there are real issues with this ban. It's not a one-day ban. Right now it's a one-week ban. Before that it was for 10 years.

There's a real problem that needs to be solved.

To deal with the problem, you need examples.

Thank you for your vigilance! But I don't work with decompile.

Lazar Buga:
Thanks for the heads-up! But I don't work with decompile.

You're not talking to me, but to the moderators and administrators who ban people in Freelance for decompiling.

An example was given, which shows that the indiscriminate bans for decompiling are not always justified.

The fact that the decompiled indicator was posted on the request is not an invented fact.

If after the discovery of the decompiled indicator - to formally replace mq4 in ToR with ex4 - then the work with the decompiled indicator won't be the same - but the essence doesn't change from this.

The main task was to set an example for moderators and administration - and this task was implemented.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

You're not talking to me, but to the moderators and administrators who ban people in Freelance for decompiling.

There was an example given in which the indiscriminate bans for working with decompilation are not always justified.

The fact that the decompiled indicator was posted on the request is not an invented one.

If after the detection of a decompiled indicator - to formally replace mq4 in ToR with ex4 - then the work with the decompiled indicator won't be the same - but the essence doesn't change because of that.

The main task was to set an example for moderators and administration - and this task was completed.

I understand you and your motives. Moderators are human beings just like us and, as your profile says, human error is inherent.
If you think you've been banned unjustifiably and you're sure you're right, the administration is open to dialogue with you.

Now I will try to help you and explain briefly how it was:

Client created a job for me and attached the decompiled indicator. And immediately notified me about it in Skype.
I went to the website, downloaded this indicator and saw that it was decompiled.
I told my client that we do not allow working with decompiled code and that his request should be deleted and a new one created.
And that was done.

And now you can't know with what code I will work, with ex4 or will we choose another indicator for our EA, unless I tell you about it.
You can only guess whether I am working with a decompiler or not. But if we are going to ban people only on the basis of our assumptions, nothing good will come out of it, in my deep conviction.

As for the customer, this is my second job for him. The man is new to both forex and our service.
I am sure for most of the customers, it does not make any difference what is inside the Expert Advisor and what is the code.
They are not programmers, so many of them don't even know the difference between a decompiled EA and a normal one.
I think that the customers shouldn't get banned for decompiled EAs.
It is the programmer's task to check the code and inform the customer what is prohibited and what is not.
And the programmer is fully responsible if he accepts an order that violates the rules of the service.

Lazar Buga:

Now I will try to help you...

Bring your thoughts to an appropriate state of mind.

Why are you writing all this to me? Write to moderators, administration, the public. And I don't need to write, much less help figuring it out.

Even without you I know that if instead of decompiled mq4 we put ex4 in ToR, the essence of the task won't change. This thread was created from such a precedent. When dozens of people have been banned for a similar EA writing task.

But downloading decompiled mq4 and replacing it with ex4 - is nothing more than a formal adaptation of the job to the rules of the service - the essence of this does not change - and any developer would tell that when writing an EA for such an indicator, the source decompiled code will be definitely looked at (if only to rewrite the list of input variables, because it's easier to take them from the code).

Lazar Buga:

I understand you and your motives. Moderators are people just like us, and as your profile says, human error is inherent.
If you think you've been banned for an unjustified reason and you're sure you're right, the administration is open to dialogue with you.

Now I will try to help you and explain briefly how things were:

Client created a job for me and attached the decompiled indicator. And immediately notified me about it in Skype.
I went to the website, downloaded this indicator and saw that it was decompiled.
I told my client that we do not allow working with decompiled code and that his request should be deleted and a new one created.
And that was done.

And now you can't know with what code I will work, with ex4 or will we choose another indicator for our EA, unless I tell you about it.
You can only guess whether I am working with a decompiler or not.
But if we are going to ban people only on the basis of our assumptions, nothing good will come out of it, in my deep conviction.

As for the customer, this is my second job for him. The man is new to both forex and our service.
I am sure for most of the customers, it does not make any difference what is inside the Expert Advisor and what is the code.
They are not programmers, so many of them don't even know the difference between a decompiled EA and a normal one.
It is the programmer's task to check the code and inform the customer what is prohibited and what is not.
And the programmer is fully responsible if he accepts an order that violates the rules of the service.

Lazar Buga, do you thinkthat the Administration are louts? That the moderator unfairly banned you? That there is a significant loophole to work with decompiled code?

Everything turns out to be simple.

I wonder how will you behave when somebody breaks your code (let's say a commercial one) and works with it? Won't you counteract it?

Дмитрий Ушаков:

Lazar Buga, do youthink the Administration are louts? That the moderator unfairly banned you? That there is a significant loophole to work with decompiled code?

So it follows from his text. Like, I downloaded the decompiled code, put eh4 in the ToR and no one will bother us. It's from a famous saying: "These hands have never stolen anything".

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Bring your thoughts to an appropriate state of mind.

Why are you writing all this to me? Write to the moderators, the administration, the public. And I don't need to write, much less help to figure it out.

You're confused. Do I write it to you in private? No. I am writing on a public forum, and therefore for the public.
I am also helping you because, as I noticed, you are acutely concerned about unwarranted bans. You wouldn't deny it, would you?
Doesn't my post help all of us, at least a little?
You could have thanked me for clarifying the situation, I'm sure you won't be discouraged.

And it was because you paid attention to that work that I got the ban, in my personal feelings.
But I don't dislike you for it, on the contrary, I even wrote - Thank you for your vigilance.

Lazar Buga:

I understand you and your motives. Moderators are the same people as we are and, as your profile says, human error is inherent.
If you think you were banned for an unjustified reason and you're sure you're right, the administration is open to dialogue with you.

I will now try to help you and explain briefly how it was:

And that was done.

You can only guess whether I am working with a decompiler or not. But if we are going to ban people only on the basis of our assumptions, nothing good will come out of it, in my deep conviction.

that's what this thread is about: how can you tell if it's decompiled?

and abolk is saying that decompiled can be compiled and you can't tell it's decompiled

or as in your case first the decompiled file was created and then you compiled it and uploaded to the customer to attach it (or teach him how to compile).

Дмитрий Ушаков:

Lazar Buga, do youthink the Administration are louts? That the moderator unfairly banned you? That there is a significant loophole to work with decompiled code?

Everything turns out to be simple.

I wonder how will you behave when somebody breaks your code (let's say a commercial one) and works with it? Won't you counteract it?

I hasten to disappoint you. You will not be able to reverse the situation or provoke me in any way.
The fact that I was unbanned today speaks for itself, that the ban was erroneous.
And no reason for me to insult the Administration was not and do not, unlike you apparently, Dmitry Ushakov.

I just tried to clarify the situation a little, but you do not have anything to prove here, since you put the question in this form.

If someone breaks my code, I will be disappointed, of course. But first of all I will blame myself for not being able to protect my program from hacking.