How can I tell if I have decompiled or not? - page 15

Artyom Trishkin:
I remember these grievances, but I remember many people agreeing that it is unethical at the very least to appropriate someone else's property.
The issue is that the topic is not a current one, but it is really so subtle and slippery that it is still there.

whether Roche or Renat was talking about that 10 per cent. If you look around on the four, you might be able to find it.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:
Do you even understand what you're saying? According to you, changing the copyright is changing part of the code. You're such a demagogue.

I'm not the demagogue, there's a smiley face.

I was just giving an example of the kind of demagoguery that can bog down any discussion without clear rules.

Rustamzhan Salidzhanov:
It was either Roche or Renat talking about 10%. If you look around on F4, you might be able to find it.

what changes are counted?

for example, in the example above only the name of the function is changed - does that count as a change in the code?

Nikolay considers the change of copyright as a change in the code - this, of course, is a masterpiece of interpretation of permissible changes.

Nikolay Demko:

I was just giving an example of the kind of demagoguery that can bog down any discussion without clear rules.

I don't remember (head-my-pumpkin) if #property copyright was in mql4 at the time when Igor wrote his libraries?

Nikolay Demko:

What are you generating? Have you read the Terms of Use https://www.mql5.com/ru/about/terms ?

3.9. You agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, trade or resell the content of www.mql5.com. The only exception is if a separate agreement with MQL5 Ltd allows otherwise. If you make copies of any Content, all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials must be retained on such copies. You may not modify the Content or publicly display, reproduce or distribute it. The mql5.com website is owned by MQL5 Ltd. MQL5 Ltd websites are protected by international copyright laws. Any unauthorized use of MQL5 Ltd Websites may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.

The rules are clear and clearly defined

Andrey F. Zelinsky:
In your words -- changing the copyright -- is changing a part of the code.

Look, you have written the code, named the variables (only the names you understand), so that someone understands it, you need to comment it out. Make it make sense.

I know from my own experience when preparing an article it takes as much time for comments as it does for code (debatable statement, maybe I just write code fast).

But commenting is also work, and work to make it easier for the followers.

And if you consider comments as copyright, you're on your own, so don't call me a demagogue :)

Nikolay Demko:

And if you consider comments copyright, then draw your own conclusions so you don't call me a demagogue :)

Read the Terms of Use -- quoted in the post above:

3.9.You agree...to retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original material

And don't take your demagoguery out of your finger. It is clearly and unequivocally written"ret ain all copyright and other proprietary notices"

There are no variations or exceptions, like your "in the comments" and"#property copyright" and whatnot.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

What are you generating? Have you read the Terms of Use of https://www.mql5.com/ru/about/terms ?

3.9. You agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, trade or resell www.mql5.com content. The only exception is if a separate agreement with MQL5 Ltd allows otherwise. If you make copies of any Content, all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials must be retained on such copies. You may not modify the Content or publicly display, reproduce or distribute it. The mql5.com website is owned by MQL5 Ltd. MQL5 Ltd websites are protected by international copyright laws. Any unauthorized use of MQL5 Ltd Websites may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.

The rules are clear and clearly spelled out

They are clear, but you are interpreting them wrong.

When decompiling, you can rip out the copyright, but you can't rip out comments.

Hence the moral, comments are not a notice of copyright and other proprietary rights (even if you draw a doodle there).

Nikolay Demko:

Look, you have written the code, named the variables (only the names you understand), so that someone understands it, you need to comment it out. Make it make sense.

I know from my own experience when preparing an article it takes as much time for comments as it does for code (debatable statement, maybe I just write code fast).

But commenting is also work, and work to make it easier for the followers.

And if you consider comments copywriting, then draw your own conclusions, so as not to call me a demagogue :)

Comments:

// this code belongs to Nikolai (Nikolai's contact details), all rights to it belong to Nikolai (Nikolai's contact details)

// a variable to store the level of the demagogue

Both comments carry their own meaning, but it's different in each comment, with a different meaning and message. Don't they?