Scalping strategy: finding the exact entry point - page 5

George Merts:
There is, of course. Entry into the market is made at the opening of the next candle (in my case - a daily candle), if all the rules of the TS are followed, in the direction provided by the TS.
And how accurate is the entry on the daily candles?

Ruslan Kuchma:
and how accurate is the entry based on the daily candlesticks?
If you mean "how much of the daily range does the TS take" - On average 10-15%. And the accuracy is absolute, full compliance with the TS, opening exactly at the opening of the day candles...

Ruslan Kuchma:
A very sensible and constructive suggestion. The question is exactly: where exactly do we jump in?

Jump in when the price touched a level and started to bounce, you can look for confirmation in the volumes (if there is a source of more correct volumes), the closing of the candle above the level, holding the level when the currency allies have also held levels and/or have not updated minimums or maximums, there is a divergence (if in small time frames the indicator shows divergence correctly, in larger timeframes no problem, in small ones the indicators differ when comparing MT4 or other terminals), etc. It depends on your taste.

I may say from my experience, there were times when I traded GBP/JPY on a minute chart with a stop of 6 pips, and there were times when I did a lot of good, but there were more times when I did not do any good. I`ve had lots of problems with scalping, including not going as I wanted and sometimes I had to keep the position till morning or till Monday, if I`ve had a bad "life", electricity/internet was cut off or broker has frozen the quotes (I`ve noticed it even with a good broker - either very big spread and/or missing quotes, so I had to switch to another one to see what`s going on).

Traders or scalping robots are highly competitive with HFT robots, and it's not really about uniqueness and perfection of the code, but the capabilities of those persons/groups who have a priority connection to the main servers.

Serqey Nikitin:

You got that right: this direction is a lure for novice traders.

By the way, Soros and Buffett NEVER scalped ... ( that's for the record).

Agreed. The best earnings for a trader is to work for a longer period - from four hours to a couple of weeks, depending on how the market behaved after entering the market.

Ruslan Kuchma:
Well, I'm not a programmer, my hands are out of my... grow out of my... So, I can only watch and admire.
Everybody can't be good at everything. Some people are good at one thing and others are good at another. It is better to develop your own strengths than to compare your weaknesses with those of other people.

Thank you, colleagues, for your constructive posts on this topic. I understand that I am not the only one who has been working on the problem of improving my TS.

For instance, if I am a scalper, or there are only position traders on this forum, then I am not sure if I am a position trader or not.

Gennady Mazur:
Wonderman) read the rules of the forum, in Barabashka's profile

navigator.mt5:
Wonderboy) read the rules of the forum, in Barabashka's profile
Well, I'm sorry.... I got a little bit carried away, emotionally.

Ruslan Kuchma:
I'll be glad to any constructive comments, or clever thoughts on the topic of the topicality.

Next time, you'd better prepare yourself, read up on how to promote properly, read the rules carefully, don't show so obvious a connection with the author of the product you're going to promote.

And work on your product line, no one needs your mega-developments under any sauce. No offense.

Time in the bathhouse to sort things out you will have a lot).

Комбинатор:

Next time, you'd better prepare yourself, read up on how to promote properly, read the rules carefully, don't show so obvious a connection with the author of the product you're going to promote.

And work on your product line, no one needs your mega-developments under any sauce. No offense.

You'll have plenty of time in the bathhouse for debriefing.)

+100500, both of you are expendable :)

navigator.mt5:
+100500, both of you get busted :)

wow. What am I being banned for? I posted my thoughts on the exact entry point. I'm just using the gena indicator, just like all the other mcl5 products.

What's the crime?