SOT - page 3

azfaraon:
Just understand how it all looks to just a man?))) A man comes and says, "See what I am like"))) And you ask him what I am like))) And then the question is: What the fuck is a guy like this doing here? Doesn't he have nothing better to do or....?
This thread is on topic. Enough already. Get it done. I had to do it.

Why get angry?)) Clearly this topic is good ... So get your questions and suggestions ... You'll hear a lot more here ...

azfaraon:
Why get mad?))) It's clear the topic is good ... So get your questions and suggestions ... You'll hear a lot more here ...

Well, that's why I need your wishes. I have written what I think about it. And I want to read something interesting in response. Instead you torture me to post your indicators).

I can only understand them myself anyway as I have been working on them for myself).

I'm not going to respond if you troll me, that's all)

azfaraon:
Why get mad?)) Clearly this topic is good ... So get your questions and suggestions ... You'll hear a lot more here ...
No one needs questions here, not a parochial school, the wishes too. Interested only in thoughts on the reports. If someone starts talking about option reports, swaps, macroeconomic indicators, I do not have anything against it, all that relates to trading. I do not mind if someone starts talking about option reports, swaps, macroeconomic indicators, I have nothing against it, everything that relates to trading.

It is not clear who has the information when trading currency futures and options. If commodity futures, then clearly firms involved in the process of extracting raw materials (resources), but how?

It seems to me that the companies are not aware of currency movements - their task is to make predictable revenues and costs depending on the terms of the contract - the date of fulfilment of its financial obligations as well as the subject matter of the contract. I.e. they act individually in their own interests - minimising business risks. Based on the nature of their actions, it is not sensible to use them as an indicator for predicting future movements.

Professional market participants, I think, provide market forecasts to companies - thus they are insiders. Perhaps that is the reason for the frequent trend reversal. The question is how high the percentage of such companies using the recommendations of professional participants.

It can be assumed that commercial contracts are long term, if they need hedging, and speculators' actions are aimed at obtaining quick profits - short term. Then it turns out that after the commercial participants buy futures and options in the market the speculators bite off the top of the pie and then the commercial ones fill it up.

So watch out for the commercials and join the vultures for biting off the tidbits.

-Aleks-:

It is not clear who has the information when trading currency futures and options. If commodity futures, then clearly firms involved in the process of extracting raw materials (resources), but how?

It seems to me that the companies are not aware of currency movements - their task is to make predictable revenues and costs depending on the terms of the contract - the date of fulfilment of its financial obligations as well as the subject matter of the contract. I.e. they act individually in their own interests - minimising business risks. Based on the nature of their actions, it is not sensible to use them as an indicator for predicting future movements.

Professional market participants, I think, provide market forecasts to companies - thus being insiders. Perhaps that is the reason for the frequent trend reversal. The question is how high the percentage of such companies using the recommendations of professional participants.

It can be assumed that commercial contracts are long term, if they need hedging, and speculators' actions are aimed at obtaining quick profits - short term. Then it turns out that after the commercial participants buy futures and options in the market the speculators bite off the top of the pie and then the commercial ones fill it up.

So we watch the commercials and join the vultures for biting off the tidbits.

The instrument is sterling futures. Let's not speculate as to who is who and why. We have two groups of traders, their open positions and changes in them. That's it. We are not interested in why they open or close positions, we need to trace some patterns in their actions that we could use in our trading.

Why do I say this? Because more than one such thread has died arguing about who is who and why)))

stranger:

Instrumentet is a pound sterling futures. Let's not speculate about who is who and why. We have two groups of traders, their open positions and changes in them. That's it. We are not interested in why they open or close positions, we need to trace some patterns in their actions that we could use in our trading.

Why do I say this? Because more than one such thread has died arguing about who is who and why)))

Without understanding why they do it, one cannot understand how to use it (reduce false entries) - that's my opinion.

How to use it - written - trade against commercials when they open at new price levels of large volumes - need to check - requires a programmer.

-Aleks-:

1.Without understanding why they do it, it is impossible to understand how to use it (reduce false entries) - this is my opinion.

2.How to use it - written - trade against commercials when they open at new price levels of large volumes - need to check - requires a programmer.

Disagree with the first one. We will never know the WHY and why, actually we do not need it, we have their already open positions and changes in them.

I got the idea. Why programmer do not understand, to trace the information once a week for positions, even bring it into Excel and build a graph, for this I think the time it takes five minutes a week at most.

Or data from the beginning of the current contract

Critically high, i.e. the market is overheated. Hedger positions are down. The positions of large and small traders are at a buying peak. What can happen here? ))))Small speculators could easily be allowed to fill up the tasty dish. Large speculators are likely to fix profits by selling their positions to small speculators)))) who will eagerly gobble them up. There's too much money, the conclusion is one.... something like this from the last report