Decision-making error - page 9

Use a daily/weekly/monthly loss limit to take the stress out of trading.

Trade on a cent account - make a profit - please yourself and your loved ones - make a loss - take away your joy.

You can trade without stop loss, but there must be an exit point, for example take profit.

Split funds between accounts, so there is no chance to withdraw everything.

For a cent account, $100 is sufficient.

Set a record not in points/profit of the deposit, but in days of the deposit's life.

Write TS on paper, order from programmers - verify hypotheses with mathematical calculations, confirmed by a strategy tester - it will be cheaper than a lost deposit.

-Aleks-:

Use a daily/weekly/monthly loss limit to take the stress out of trading.

Trade on a cent account - make a profit - please yourself and your loved ones - make a loss - take away your joy.

You can trade without stop loss, but there must be an exit point, for example take profit.

Split funds between accounts, so there is no chance to withdraw everything.

For a cent account, $100 is sufficient.

Set a record not in points/profit of the deposit, but in days of the deposit's life.

Write TS on paper, order from programmers - verify hypotheses with mathematical calculations, confirmed by a strategy tester - it will be cheaper than a lost deposit.

You are all right, but now even $100 is a lot of money for me, after losing 500 my family will not understand me ((

Yuriy Khrustalov:
You are all right, but now even 100$ is a lot of money for me, after the 500th deposit my family will not understand me ((

Then don't invest real money at all - work on a demo account until you have a strategy.

However, all my strategies appeared under the oppression of the stress of losing a deposit - the brain begins to work in extreme modes, and here it is important to turn the negative emotions into analysis of the situation and search for a solution.

I have lost a lot of deposits and decided to spend only money from bank interest for a year - the amount is not big, but it limits me from losses.

Yuriy Khrustalov:
You wrote everything correctly, but now even $100 is a lot of money for me, after losing 500 my family will not understand me ((

Then how could you risk as much as $500 in such a situation?

That's why you need a SL, so that the loss is limited to a certain portion of the deposit. If you have a deposit of, say, $1000, it is stupid to put more than 10% at risk (and even that is very aggressive). Accordingly, after the first SL you would be left with $900, after the tenth (in a row !!!) $350, and only after 22 lots in a row (a totally unprecedented event) would you be left with $100.

I lost a lot of deposits

I have a suspicion that those who have a lot of money are the ones who lose, and who can afford to throw them away.

George Merts:
I have a suspicion that those who have a shitload of money and don't feel sorry for throwing it away are the ones who drain.
I think those who have a shitload of money don't leak out, because they know how to make money.

Yuriy Khrustalov:
I think those who have a shitload of money don't lose, because they know how to make money.

Come on... You cannot drain not only if you know how to earn, but also if you have nothing to drain.

I ask again - how can you drain with stops? I looked at it above, to bring down $1000 in aggressive trading, you need 22 stops in a row to keep trading with loss-making TS ! What kind of an idiot would do that? But any more sensible person will understand after the fifth stop that the TS does not work, and will stop trading on it, and the drawdown will be only 40% !

George Merts:

Come on... You can't drain not only if you know how to make money, but also if you have nothing to drain.

I'm asking again - how does one go down with a stop ? Vaughn, I estimated above, to drain $1000 in aggressive trading, you need 22 stops in a row to continue trading an unprofitable TS ! What kind of an idiot would do that? But any more sensible person will understand after the fifth stop that the TS does not work, and will stop trading on it, and the drawdown will be only 40% !

Good day. Probably every minute desire and lack of experience is exactly what pushes a man to dump...

The theory of stops from my point of view is nothing but DC feeding and nothing more...!

Every stop carries a threat, and the higher the lot, the higher the chances of your depo going to zero :))) Normal practice :))

And in essence it doesn't matter which way to go or which pair...What matters is the entry point, the lot and the lifetime of your order...

In this case the stop falls by itself as an unnecessary rudiment ...:)

Evgeni Usenko:

Good afternoon. Probably the minute-by-minute desire and lack of experience is what pushes a man to plum...

The theory of stops from my point of view is nothing but DC feeding and nothing more...!

Every stop carries a threat, and the higher the lot, the higher the chances of your depo going to zero :))) Normal practice :))

And in essence it doesn't matter which way to go or which pair...What matters is the entry point, the lot and the lifetime of your order...

In this case the stop falls off on its own as an unnecessary rudiment :)

The stop is an incentive to find a more accurate entry point. If the exact entry point is found, the stop can be very small. The size of the stop is a measure of the accuracy of the entry. If you have a stop of 100 pips, then you have found an entry point with 100 pips accuracy. A trading virtuoso finds an entry point with an accuracy of 10 pips or less, and makes a final decision to enter on M1 or M5.

Evgeni Usenko:

Every stop carries a threat and the higher the lot, the greater the chances of your depot ending up zeroed out :))) Normal practice :)

Exactly the opposite is true. The absence of a stop is the chances of your deposit going to zero.

And in fact, it does not matter which way to go and which pair... what matters is the entry point, the lot and the lifetime of your order...

In this case the stop falls off on its own as an unnecessary rudiment ... :)

Well, the "lifetime" is another variant of the stop loss. If by the end of life time the position will be unprofitable? You close it with a loss, which is equivalent to a SL. Same thing - locking, in fact, it means "closing a position with a note". And it is no different than closing a position and then reopening it when the price returns.

No matter what you call it, the essence will not change, without a stop loss is inevitable.

khorosh:
A stop is an incentive to find a more accurate entry point. If an accurate entry point is found, the stop can be very small. The size of the stop is a measure of the accuracy of the entry. If you have a stop of 100 pips, then you have found an entry point with 100 pips accuracy. A trading virtuoso finds an entry point with an accuracy of 10 pips or less, and makes a final decision to enter on M1 or M5.

No way. A trading virtuoso enters the market exactly when his TS indicates. If the TS is on the daily charts - then on the opening of a daily candle, and whatever is the "accuracy" there, and on M1 or M5 - he does not even look. If TS is on ticks - the entry is made on the appropriate tick, and the accuracy here does not play a role.

The size of SL does not indicate the "accuracy of entry", because it is necessary to consider the percentage of winning trades. I saw a TS, in which only one trade out of ten won (but it compensated all losing trades). Do you think an entry that is correct only once out of ten is highly accurate?