Terminal speed - page 5

Igor Konyashin:

Well, so far I see one bottleneck in your remote server - the video system.

Let's risk putting the drivers in (you will need to ask tech support for the name of the server manufacturer and the motherboard model) - I can help you to do it via TeamViewer, you will be connected to the server and watch everything I do at the same time.

But before that, copy/transfer the terminals to somewhere safe, so that if the server fails to start, you have an up-to-date copy of them.

Or the option to transfer everything to the server which tech support advised - with a video card built into the processor - Intel HD 4600.

There just the server on Core i7 and not on Xeon, plus as it is renting a new server we have to pay again for installation, etc. So far I think. The drivers will not put. I will spend a lot of time if everything crashes, to restore, given that in this I do not know at all. I can buy and sell Eurobucks easily, and put the Windows or something to configure - it's not my thing. Thanks for the help in any case.

It's not the video - 100%.

If the terminal slows down on startup, and even more so for minutes (and other copies start quickly), it is most likely a disk problem. It's a common case of several disk blocks not being read, which usually leads to very long brakes.

What to do:

1. Check the Event Log of the operating system - the log is probably full of messages about hdd bad blocks
  2. Copy without deleting the program directory to a new location on the drive and run it there. If it will work fast at the new location, it is probably the fault of the drive.
  3. Check the disk (with sector analysis) using standard tools of your operating system. However sector-by-sector scan may take many hours and will only work if you restart the computer.

First, check the operating system event log. If there are some broken disk blocks, ask your ISP to replace the hardware.

Renat Fatkhullin:

It's not the video - 100%.

If the terminal slows down on startup, and even more so for minutes (and other copies start quickly), it is most likely a disk problem. It's a common case of several disk blocks not being read, which usually leads to very long braking times.

What to do:

1. Check the Event Log of the operating system - the log is probably full of messages about hdd bad blocks
  2. Copy without deleting the program directory to a new location on the drive and run it there. If it will run fast at the new location, it is probably the fault of the drive.
  3. Check the disk (with sector analysis) using standard tools of your operating system. However sector-by-sector scan may take many hours and will only work if you restart the computer.

First, check the operating system event log. If there are some broken disk blocks, ask your ISP to replace the hardware.

I have 2 SSD disks in some kind of Mirror mode. As I understand they duplicate each other, probably for reliability. Scanisk went through instantly, no errors, however in this OS it does not check sectors as I have for example in win7. Probably in the server OS it is in another place, but which one I don't know. I have looked at Event Viewer. there are errors, but they are related to applications, no errors with the hard drive.
I'll copy it tomorrow, I've been working on it all day and it's time to go to bed.

Moved to another server, worse, but it has integrated video. Now I have the following CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-4770 Quadcore Haswell
Nothing has changed globally, terminals with a couple dozens of orders also hang relentlessly. I have disabled video compression in RDP settings (as recommended above).
What else can I do?
Another question for Terminal Authorities - do users of "alternative" terminals have similar problems? (with answer, of course, please send to PM).

Alexey Oreshkin:
In the RDP settings I have specified - do not compress video (as recommended above).

It doesn't matter now as there is a built-in video that can handle compression.

Actually, very strange... How do the other programs work? Do they run fast?

Igor Konyashin:

It doesn't matter now, as there is a built-in video that can handle compression.

Actually, it's very strange... How do the other programs work? Do they run quickly?

There's nothing else. only terminals, total commander and libreoffice. They run fine.

It's not quite clear: you gave a screenshot of the task manager, where CPU load was less than 1% per terminal. But in the quoted technical support response it says that CPU resources are used to the maximum, each core is loaded to 100%. Somewhere the dog is buried there.

Alexey Navoykov:

It's not quite clear: you gave a screenshot of the task manager, where CPU load was less than 1% per terminal. But in the quoted technical support response it says that CPU resources are used to the maximum, each core is loaded to 100%. Somewhere the dog is buried there.

Well, yes. I dont know how many times I looked at resources but I always see 1-2% utilization even if everything is busy then no more than 2% utilization per terminal.
The tech support response is not a statement but a guess. It's the same at the moment. Everything is moving somehow, loading is not more than 2%, but terminals with more than 20 orders are taking a very long time to deal with.

Alexey Oreshkin:
Yes, actually. I have not looked at all the resources, but my workload is always about 1-2% even if everything is busy then the load is not more than 2% for each terminal.
The tech support answer is not a statement but a guess. It's the same at the moment. Everything is moving somehow, loading is not more than 2%, but terminals with more than 20 orders are taking very long time to deal with.

I don't think tech support is likely to assume anything if they have accurate statistics for each client.

By the way, is the problem only with Alpari accounts or with other accounts too?

Alexey Navoykov:

I don't think tech support is likely to assume anything if they have accurate statistics for each client.

By the way, is the problem only with Alpari accounts or with others too?

I do not know. Only Alpari has so many open orders, other accounts have less. I can of course put a robot at another broker and see, it just takes a couple of days. But I don't think it depends on the broker at all.