Trader's self-deception: distrust of forwards. - page 9

Youri Tarshecki:
I check all variants. I now run 12 segments with 12 forwards and look the overall result. If the majority of your forwards are not satisfactory, you should not use this EA, it should be remade. By redoing the EA and at the same time getting information on forwards you can understand if you are going in the right direction.

What's at the end of the road? A grail that works around the clock and year-round on all instruments and TFs?

Everyone knows that the market has its own distinctive features at different times. How can forwards answer the question "when to switch on the EA"? Is it today? Or is it the wrong market?

Yuri_Evseenkov:

Everyone knows that the market has different characteristics at different times.

What do you mean by that?

Дмитрий:
What do you mean by that?

For example the nature of the market ("Sell in May buy in September" - an old stock exchange saying), volatility during holidays, before (after) the release of important news.

If you do not include this in the code, then you should check the back in May and August and forward in September.

Yuri_Evseenkov:

For example the nature of the market ("Sell in May buy in September" - an old stock exchange saying), volatility during holidays, before (after) the release of important news.

If you do not take this into account in your code, use backing in May or August and forwarding in September would be incorrect.

Seasonal arbitrage? Nyu-nyu.....

I think Roman did this on 4

Дмитрий:

Seasonal arbitration? Nuh-uh.....

I think Roman did it on the 4.

What's that and who's that?

Yuri_Evseenkov:
What is it? And who is it?

This is the MQL5 forum, and there's Forum 4. There was a whole thread devoted to this topic, and I think it was run by Roman

I do not remember its name, but it seemed to be "Spread trading in....".

Дмитрий:

This is the MQL5 forum, and there's Forum 4. There was a whole thread devoted to this topic, and I think it was run by Roman

I don't remember its name, but I think it was "Spread trading in....".

I couldn't find anything. In a nutshell, what is "seasonal arbitrage"?

Yuri_Evseenkov:
I couldn't find anything. In a nutshell, what is "seasonal arbitration" ?

http://forum.mql4.com/ru/28176/page253

Leonid553

Торговля спредами в Meta Trader-е - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
Торговля спредами в Meta Trader-е - MQL4 форум

Дмитрий:

http://forum.mql4.com/ru/28176/page253

Leonid553

Thank you. Interesting. Convinced that if you make a forward, you have to take the seasonal characteristics into account.

Yuri_Evseenkov:
Thank you. Interesting. Convinced that if you make a forward, you have to take the seasonal features into account.

You can't make a seasonally adjusted forward. You can make an EA. And then try to compare the variants with and without forwards. I tried it once and it did not reveal any seasonal pattern to me. Try it and see if it works.

Why should it work? Crises, wars, changes of government and defaults happen whenever they want.