Trader's self-deception: distrust of forwards. - page 10

Youri Tarshecki:

You can't make a seasonally adjusted forward. You can make an EA. And then try to compare the variants with and without forwards. I tried it once and it did not reveal any seasonal pattern to me. Try it and see if it works.

And where would it come from, crises, wars, changes of government and defaults occur whenever they want.

I am looking for the optimal testing method for my robot. I have designed it to work in what I call the "inertial market". When it follows the past without the influence of the fundamental processes.

Using your article I detected another sign of inertia - a successful forward. Thank you.

P.S. Now I am hooked on the work of wise Yusufahoji. He is not a connoisseur of testing and is experiencing difficulties. Maybe your experience will suggest something.https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/58256/page182

Теория рынка
Теория рынка
  • www.mql5.com
Цопт - оптимальная цена, позволяющая получить максимальную прибыль;. - Страница 182 - Категория: общее обсуждение

Yuri_Evseenkov:

I am looking for the best testing method for my robot. It is designed to work in what I call an "inertial market". This is when it moves according to the patterns of the past without the influence of fundamental processes.

Using your article I detected another sign of inertia - a successful forward. Thank you.

P.S. Now I am hooked on the work of wise Yusufahoji. He is not a connoisseur of testing and is experiencing difficulties. Maybe your experience will tell us something. https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/58256/page182

Just testing is good for getting rid of illusions. About 95% of ideas are rejected by the forward, many solutions simply duplicate each other without bringing anything new. At the same time, each successful solution adds very little to performance. Be prepared for tedious and tedious work.

WFA, everything else is bogus

Youri Tarshecki:
Just testing is good at getting rid of illusions. Approximately 95% of ideas are rejected by the forward, many solutions simply duplicate each other, bringing nothing new to the table. At the same time, each successful solution adds very little to productivity. Be prepared for tedious and tedious work.
You have no idea how ready you are. I didn't expect optimization to take more time and effort than writing code. If there was a service"Optimize Expert Advisors on Your Terms and Conditions", I would give it away.

Аноним:
WFA, everything else is evil.

Why did you change your nickname? "Master over Cryptomonite" was catchy and creative.

It's an evil thing to call people 'dumb'.

I have a positive attitude towards cryptocurrency. Although a lot of people think barcodes are evil. I don't think there's any comparison.

Yuri_Evseenkov:
You have no idea how ready you are. I didn't expect that optimisation takes more time and effort than writing code. If there was a service"Optimization of Expert Advisors on your terms", I would give it to you.
This is actually what the topic is about. The vast majority of people do not pay attention to testing, those who understand its value - make auto-optimizers for themselves and their needs. There are no generally available normal, easy-to-use programs for auto-optimization. What you have is of poor quality. As a result, a culture of forward testing is not formed, there is no standardization and common concepts. To the delight of brokers, the majority trade spontaneously and intuitively.

Youri Tarshecki:
This is actually what the topic is about. The vast majority do not pay attention to testing, those who understand its importance - make auto-optimizers for themselves, for their own needs. There are no normal, user-friendly programmes for auto-optimisation available to the public. What you have is of poor quality. As a result, a culture of forward testing is not formed, there is no standardization and common concepts. To the delight of brokers, the majority trades spontaneously and intuitively.
And the question of the optimization speed remains open. If a developer, knowing his code, can find rational ways of accelerating optimization, the user has only to wait.

Yuri Evseenkov:
And the question of optimization speed remains open. If the developer, knowing his code, can find rational tricks to speed up optimization, the user has only to wait .
What is the optite in ticks or is the algorithm too complicated? I've never had this problem somehow.

khorosh:
What on the ticks is the optite or the algorithm too complex? I've never had this problem somehow.

The algorithm isn't complicated, but it gets deep into the story every time. I was prompted to speed it up here .https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/42642

But what about the user if the developer didn't even think about the method and speed of optimization.

Youri Tarshecki:

I almost never see any analysis of the effectiveness of strategies and systems based on forwards.

What is it? A lack of tradition or avoidance of unpleasant emotions?

It's called cockroaches in the head. I.e. speak for yourself, don't speak for everyone. If you don't even know about something, it doesn't mean that others don't take advantage of it. See, for example, the RNN advisor.

If an EA is not profitable on 1/2 forwards (half backtest, half forward), then you should throw it away. Any fool will get a profit on backtests using tester GA.

RNN
RNN
  • votes: 41
  • Yury Reshetov
  • www.mql5.com
Трёхслойная нейросеть. В качестве скрытого слоя используется логическое ядро.