Feedback on MQL5 - page 3

Vladimir Pastushak:

I liked that having written code in mcl4 using the latest innovations and having inserted this code into mcl5 all worked without problems...

Unfortunately meta unitor lacks simple functionality, and the functionality which is with bugs and does not allow to work adequately...

I wonder what is missing? On this forum words are always confirmed by deeds or examples.

transcendreamer:

of course, you can use custom classes in mql, but as a rule, it's much easier to write a custom class by yourself than to deal with classes.

I know about OOP (in general terms), but I try to avoid it.

there is a constructor of strategies.

so you don't have it all figured out... just start using... write a simple class with one field, constructor and method... extend it further... and you'll love it )

Karputov Vladimir:
I wonder what is missing? On this forum, words are always backed up by deeds or examples.

Take a broader view. There are so many interesting things in the world...

Event:

Take a broader view. There are so many interesting things in the world...

You can't put a big resolution picture in there :) ?

dac already wrote how you can edit mql code in VS, you can't compile it, but you can edit it in VS and press f7 in ME )

Karputov Vladimir:
Can't put a big resolution picture in the picture :) ?
Religion's fine - Christian. I'm afraid you'll think it's an advertisement.

Serhiy Dotsenko:

There's a strategy builder.

You don't have it all figured out... just start using... write a simple class with one field, constructor and method... expand on it... and you'll love it )

maybe with time......

the strategies constructor is in such a state that it's easier to write it yourself

Karputov Vladimir:
I wonder what is missing? On this forum words are always backed up by deeds or examples.

For me personally it lacks code collapsibility like C++, press minus and part of code collapses from { to }

Bates metaeditor when working with one code in two windows, the functionality is great but the bug makes it totally unworkable...

Regarding MKL 5 was quite unpleasantly surprised by inability to calculate collateral funds... When working with futures, currencies, stocks and other instruments ...

What surprises me even more is that when trying to find a solution on the website, it turns out that everyone uses EAs without such checks... ( I was shocked ) I haven't found an answer.

I started to analyze everything myself and look for the formula, and as soon as I do it I will post it as a class. Is it possible that the developers of MKL 5, such a wonderful language, were too lazy to make a function to calculate the margin without any additional writing by the trader, the help has a couple of formulas that are not understandable without any description, and that's all... In MQL4 everything is solved and everything works, in MQL5 there are problems...

Vladimir Pastushak:

For me personally it lacks code collapsibility like C++, press minus and part of code collapses from { to }

Bates metaeditor when working with one code in two windows, the functionality is great but the bug makes it totally unworkable...

Regarding MKL 5 was quite unpleasantly surprised by inability to calculate collateral funds... When dealing with futures, currencies, stocks and other instruments ...

What surprises me even more is that when trying to find a solution on the website, it turns out that everyone is writing an EA without such checks... ( I was shocked ) I have not found an answer.

I started to analyze everything myself and look for the formula, and as soon as I do it I will post it as a class. Is it possible that the developers of MKL 5, such a wonderful language, were too lazy to make a function to calculate the margin without any additional writing by the trader, the help has a couple of formulas that are not understandable without any description, and that's all... In MQL4 everything is solved and everything works, in MQL5 there are problems...

Have a look here, please: https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/constants/environment_state/marketinfoconstants#enum_symbol_info_double

Generally speaking, margin cannot be calculated on the basis of a single instrument because it is the resultant superposition of different positions/instruments. Also, in exchange execution, the margin calculation can be transferred (the exchange requires so) to the exchange itself, which, based on its complex and closed logic, generates the final margin.

For integral estimation "will I have enough margin if I make this transaction" there is a standard function OrderCalcMargin: https://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/trading/ordercalcmargin

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация об инструменте - справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5

I have seen and read as carefully as possible...

When writing a program I try to make it work in any market, forex, cfd, stocks and others...

When I went through documentation I came across the following

Margin: (Lots*ContractSize*MarketPrice*Percentage)/Leverage

Profit: (close_price-open_price)*Contract_Size*Lots

Percentage - no one even says a word about this anywhere in the documentation...