Proposal to the administration and local residents - page 4

mql language wikipedia

transcendreamer:
mql language wikipedia

And this is an option. Many projects have their own section on the wiki.

However, the volume would be a few orders of magnitude larger. Better in the manner of some code repository, with all the bells and whistles, such as version control of sources, moderation, group work, etc. Like github.com, for example.

I have great respect for Sergei Kovalev for his tutorial on programming in MQL4. It is short, clear and understandable. I was able to write my first program in a couple of days, starting from scratch.

All the attempts to understand OOP for non-programmers ended in disappointment due to miserable explanations in the Help. I heard the words of disappointment from many of my friends.

The developers seem to think that OOP is created only for professionals and more or less in-depth explanations are not necessary for the understanding of a wider public.

Why MT4 won its reputation so quickly? Because it is easy to learn how to program in MQL4.

For most traders the aim is not to become a professional programmer, but to master new features of the language in a short time in order to be able to, say, at least make changes in ready-made products ordered from professionals, or placed in the public domain.

Suggestions to reread all the articles is the same as looking at a city and determining how it's built.

I understand that the Narrow Throat Business has started, but the 5 can also remain an undersized baby against this backdrop.

I'm afraid there is no multi-currency compiler on the 4 for this reason. Lure though.

The fastest way to learn is short code with a line-by-line explanation.

There should be a thread for such discussions and questions. But who dares? Everyone is silent. There is nothing to say.

There are few programmers here who know OOP and they don't want to breed competitors.

Vladimir Pastushak:

Here's an idea.

For competent, intelligent training in programming in MKL4/5 is nowhere to be found, and on the web you can find unthinkable nonsense,

Maybe you may want to make some tutorial pages where you will be offered various code variants...

Imho, without funding the idea is dead... Do you think a coder has nothing better to do than to look for beginner's mistakes? I think coders are much more interested in other things...

And how many articles are written on various topics? Wiki is just a rest. This is a fountain of nonsense, which, by the way, was financed by [MQ].

Forum for trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Suggestion to the administration and locals

Vladimir, 2015.05.30 22:44

...The fastest way to learn is to have short code with a line-by-line explanation.

There should be a branch for such discussions and questions. But who dares? Everyone is silent. There is nothing to say.

There are very few OOP programmers here and they don't want to breed competitors.

Ridiculous. What makes you think that?

Dennis Kirichenko:

Imho, without funding the idea is dead... Do you think the coder has nothing better to do than to look for mistakes of newbies? I think the coder is much more interested in other things...

And how many articles have been written on different topics? The Wiki is a restful place. Imho, it's a treasure trove of code, funded by [MQ].

Ridiculous. Why do you draw such a conclusion?

Why code for the sake of code?

A programmer needs reputation and rating to get good freelance orders.

How do I know if a person is a pro or not, maybe I will choose affordable one but he will be as dumb as a cork and will bait me?

Expensive does not mean good .....

I already wrote about the articles, not every article is perfect...

Владимир:

All attempts for a non-programmer to understand OOP end in disappointment.

I would like to learn the verse and nothoppering in a hurry - I want to make hits - but there are no competent textbooks and technology professionals share their knowledge purely for the sake of competition, xyz*%*#@ - they are afraid of competition, xyz*%*#@

On samdele it's no big deal - advise a non-programmer to deal with struct data type. There is nothing complicated there - just a collection of the right variables of different types, collected for convenience in one bundle. When they get the hang of it, it will become crystal clear that it is really convenient to use + it would be just as convenient to have in sets not only variables but also functions for which these variables are actually created. Some functions must be executed automatically, others on demand from the main program. Classes. And that's all, you will understand the details as you go along, you are practically an OOP-coder, welcome :)

In general, on the subject of the topic: there are a lot of opportunities to make a depository of correct codes even within this forum, if they are not used, so the desire is not very great. And projects with new interfaces and services should be of interest to MQ - as business development. Renat evaluated them for you from that point. Point

Vladimir Pastushak:

Why code for the sake of code?

A programmer needs reputation and rating to get good freelance orders.

I will repeat my question since my rating as a programmer seems to be negative. What's wrong with the code you cited in the header message?

It seems to me quite normal code for searching orders. If I wrote it in pure MQL4, I think it would be the same.

All the work with orders is encapsulated inside the CPositionInfo class, I do not really remember how the position orders are searched there but I guess in a close way.

What don't you like about the code?

How do I know if the bidder is a pro or not, or if he is dumb as a cork and bait me?

Expensive does not mean good .....

I already wrote about articles, not every article is perfect...

You scratch your head but you don't scratch your heels. To master OOP is not much harder than to master procedural programming. I repeat: any textbook on C++ will do.

Alexander Puzanov:

On samdel, it's not terrible - advise a non-programmer to deal with struct data type. There is nothing complicated there - just a collection of the right variables of different types, collected for convenience in one bundle. When they get the hang of it, it will become crystal clear that it is really convenient to use + it would be just as convenient to have in sets not only variables but also functions for which these variables are actually created. Some functions must be executed automatically, others on demand from the main program. Classes. That's all, you may go into details as you are almost an OOP-coder, welcome :)

Well said, bravo!

That's exactly what everyone who wants to do should do. It's just that, in my opinion, people are usually too lazy to figure it out.

George Merts:

I will repeat my question, since my rating as a programmer is apparently negative. What is wrong with the code you cited in the header message ?

It seems to me quite normal code for searching orders. If I wrote it in pure MQL4, I think it would be the same.

All the work with orders is encapsulated inside the CPositionInfo class, I do not really remember how the position orders are searched there but I guess in a close way.

What don't you like about the code ?

Scared of the eyes but made of the hands. Learning OOP is not much harder than learning procedural programming. I repeat: any C++ textbook will do, and there are plenty of them.

The question for you is what code is more correct?

void depth_trend()
  {
//--- определение индекса на покупку
   double rsi=iRSI(Symbol(),tf,period,PRICE_CLOSE,0);
   index_rsi = 0;
   if(rsi>90.0) index_rsi=4;
   else if(rsi>80.0)
      index_rsi=3;
   else if(rsi>70.0)
      index_rsi=2;
   else if(rsi>60.0)
      index_rsi=1;
   else if(rsi<10.0)
      index_rsi=-4;
   else if(rsi<20.0)
      index_rsi=-3;
   else if(rsi<30.0)
      index_rsi=-2;
   else if(rsi<40.0)
      index_rsi=-1;
  }

int refresh_depth_trend()
  {
   int    index_rsi=0;
   double rsi=iRSI(Symbol(),0,14,PRICE_CLOSE,0),up=60,dw=40;
   for(int i=1; i<=4; i++,up+=10,dw-=10)
      index_rsi=rsi>up ? i : rsi<dw ?(i*-1):index_rsi;
   return index_rsi;
  }

int refresh_depth_trend()
  {
   return MathFloor( MathAbs( (rsi-50.0)/10.0 - (rsi-50.0)*0.0001 ) ) * ((rsi>50)-0.5)*2;
  }

Alexander Puzanov:

I'd like to learn some quick poetry and sheet music - I want to make hits - but there's no good books and the technology is shared by technology professionals purely for the sake of competition, xyz*%*#@.

Don't worry. It's not my craft.

If I ask you to show me an example of writing code for say "How much time left until the end of the timeframe?" You're 100% guaranteed to send meto the fuck off

or to the work department. That's just for setting an example!

That's what fear and reluctance is all about. But the fingers are always spread out.