Are "momentum" strategies possible? That is, catching a continuation of a strong move ... - page 7

-Aleks-:

Is that sarcasm? :)

I'm currently enjoying the drawdown and the discomfort of greed. The tools (indicators and TS) are profitable in themselves, but it's not up to the human hands.

where is the sarcasm?
you described the strategy but you didn't say profit
tested on the history?
what are the results on the profit?

Zogman:
Where is the sarcasm ?
You described the strategy but you didn't tell me the profit.
Did you test it on your history?
What are the results of the profit?

Sorry - it's probably my emotions - in the screenshots you can see that I was shorting and getting greedy...

Regarding the strategy I described - I tested it, but not in pips, but purely visually. I noticed it when working on another TS.

-Aleks-:

I apologise - apparently it's my emotions - the screenshots show that I was shorting and getting greedy...

Regarding the strategy I described - I tested it, but not in pips, but purely visually. I noticed it while working on another TS.

Pictures - so many lines - I didn't understand anything

Zogman:
Pictures - so many lines - I didn't understand anything
Well, I said what indicators to look at... and so there are muwings and RSI (settlement level)

As for the IMPULSE strategy itself, there are big disadvantages to making robots. The robots all have threshold speeds. The price speed calculation could be made more streamlined.

Alexander Ivanov:
As for the IMPULSE strategy, there are big disadvantages to making up robots. The robots all have speed thresholds. The calculation of the price speed could be made more transparent.

How's that?

I've given up on it so far - so far it's not working out too well.

Zogman:

How's that?

I've given up on it so far - so far it hasn't worked out very well.

This is the direction with impulses, but you have to wait for the correction after the impulse movement and then enter the impulse, I was testing this advisor just recently)
Files:
image.jpg  111 kb

Zogman:

Who knows about these simple strategies:

if price has changed more than the "X" threshold in N minutes, then open a position in the direction of the move and wait for take profit or stop loss.

I would be grateful for any comments.

PS

I have modelled this strategy myself.

On history there are such parameters, however, if you continue into the future, nothing particularly good comes out.

For example, for February-April 2015,EURUSD,

for N=8 min, X=8 pips, TP=SL=50 pips

Earn 2,000 pips.

However, the problem is that sitting in a position for a long time is a sign that this is a random earning.

If we run these parameters for a year and a half of history from the summer of 2013 - there will also be plus 1792 pips, but all earnings are mainly at the end of the term.

I was writing an Expert Advisor and measured the number of pips in 15 seconds. But nothing good came out of it. And catching in a few minutes is generally unacceptable for an impulse strategy. Unless one uses Elliott waves.

Alexey Viktorov:
I was writing an EA, measuring the number of pips in 15 seconds. But nothing good came out of it. And catching in a few minutes is generally unacceptable for an impulse strategy. Unless one uses Elliott waves.
My indicator https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/10339 can also signal that a strong momentum is coming or we are in a strong momentum zone, taking an unnatural horizontal position, if anyone is interested.
Индикатор Султонова
Индикатор Султонова
  • votes: 14
  • Юсуфходжа
  • www.mql5.com
Индикатор прогнозирует предполагаемый ход цены в будущем, анализируя заложенную историю в виде заданной ретроспективы.

Give a definition for "impulse" , X-8 ? , X-8 ??? , there are impulses in the market such as shakeout (shaking or shaking out of the market) ? accumulation models entering the range or holding the range the "idea" in these movements is different , clearly the robot does not care , i.e. 2 parameters N and X are not enough.