Are "momentum" strategies possible? That is, catching a continuation of a strong move ... - page 6

Alexey Busygin:
Yeah, I've never seen a slip in my favour.
I don't know why. There was one time. The robot could not trade on virtual profit, there were requotes. I came out when the price was much higher and it calmed down.

Checked the strategy on the graph:

1. When ATR(3) exceeds 3 times, place a pending order after the bar where the movement occurred, in the opposite direction, at a distance of 1000 pips (five decimal places).

2) Take profit in fixed points or on the nearest resistance - approximately 500 points.

3. I don't really like stop loss - I was testing a pyramid with soft martin (you can with fixed profit).

By eye the effect is there, if anyone does - please report the results.

P.S. I use my indicator instead of ATR, but the calculation principle is similar.

-Aleks-:

Checked the strategy on the graph:

1. When ATR(3) exceeds 3 times, place a pending order after the bar where the movement occurred, in the opposite direction, at a distance of 1000 pips (five decimal places).

2) Take profit in fixed points or on the nearest resistance - approximately 500 points.

3. I don't really like stop loss - I was testing a pyramid with soft martin (you can with fixed profit).

By eye the effect is there, if anyone does - please report the results.

P.S. I use my indicator instead of ATR, but the calculation principle is similar.

"1000 pips" - typo ? a point is 1/10 000 so 1000 pips is one decimal place - the eu is that much over the months....

Zogman:
"1000 pips" - typo ? a point is 1/10,000 so 1000 pips is one decimal place - that's how much the eu goes in months....
If four decimal places, it is 100 pips. The impulse on the hour is catching on GBPUSD.

-Aleks-:
If it's a four sign, it's 100 pips. Impulse on the hour is caught on GBPUSD.

Sorry, that's right, a pip is 1/100,000, confused with a pip, which is 1/10,000,

so 1,000 pips is 1/100 - i.e. a "figure" .

A figure per hour is rare... but it happens... On the news, for example.

-Aleks-:

How are the results ?

Zogman:

Sorry, that's right, a pip is 1/100,000, confused with a pip, which is 1/10,000,

so 1,000 pips is 1/100 - i.e. a "figure" .

A figure per hour is rare... but it happens... On the news, for example.

There were 5 figures per hour )) Watch the eura on the reversal

Zogman:
How are the results?
What are the results? I can roughly see where the market might deplete and turn around - based on past data. Visualised this effect. In the figure iDeltaPrice - in the loft indicator. In the picture Drafter - Fibo levels on the daily range and the coloring for convenience. And in the picture Prosto - another screen of my TS - for completeness :)
Files:
iDeltaPrice.png  94 kb
Drafter.png  92 kb
Prosto.png  87 kb

-Aleks-:
What are the results? I can roughly see where the market might deplete and turn around - based on past data. Visualised this effect. In the figure iDeltaPrice - in the loft indicator. In the picture Drafter - Fibo levels on the daily range and the coloring for convenience. And in the picture Prosto - one more screen of my TS - for the set :)
profit as ?

Zogman:
Profit as ?

Is that sarcasm? :)

Enjoying the drawdown and the discomfort of greed right now. The tools (indicators and TS) are profitable in themselves, but that's as long as it doesn't come down to human hands.