Is tick history available on the server? - page 3

I, если бы made my terminal =))), would have done so:
On the server, I would only store ticks, and only allow them to be downloaded.
On the client I would make all necessary TimeFrames (and TickFrames) from ticks.

Thus, to obtain a graph of any (any) TF for a year, you would need 35.7 Mb of traffic (Yurixx's calculations).
Now, MT4 will need about 20.763 Mb of history for all TFs for the same period (15.71 + 3.142 + 1.047 + 0.524 + 0.262 + 0.065 + 0.011 + 0.002).

Bottom line, pluses of tick history:
- The user decides for himself which TFs he wants and can always build them himself.
Cons of the tick history:
- the amount of consumed traffic increases by 1.7 times (in comparison with the downloading of all TFs);
- it increases load on the processor (for the constant construction of necessary TFs).

If I were making my own terminal, I would think carefully first....

It seems to me that the amount of consumed traffic and CPU load increases only when downloading history. The current traffic with the existing history does not change, because that is what the terminal currently does - it receives ticks and builds timeframes from them. But it does so according to options strictly set by MT's developers. However, as I said above, you don't need to store long-term tick history, you can only store the history for different days, so those users, who have had the terminal stopped for some time, can fill in the gaps. It is also possible to store several standard histories. Accumulated non-standard histories can be shared in forums. In general, there is no problem at all. It's just that before the developers did not take something into account, and now they don't want to bother. What for? The program is already a success...

Eh, as they say "good where we are not!" Apparently the same can be said about storing ticks to form tick-series. Even if, by some miracle, the developers do come up with this idea in the proposed concept, what will it fundamentally achieve? "Is it worth the trouble?" I don't think it is! I personally equate such developments of the terminal just to create one more, albeit very, very good indicator, which may help someone in trading (in their subjective opinion). But it seems to me that if people already have such a variety of existing indicators (linear and non-linear) and all the power of the tester, the introduction of a new indicator will not fundamentally change this situation. Well, think about what can the introduction of the proposed non-linearities (tick-series) change in the market analysis? Well, maybe those flat areas of the market where trading is sluggish will become slower, and the fast areas of active trading will become smoother. So what? Take a muving and you will see some similarity of tick-series in the existing terminal. But what will it essentially change? The muving may tell you a lot?

Does any trading platform have something similar (tick-series) or no one has done it yet?

<br / translate="no"> Does any trading platform even have something like this (tick series) or hasn't anyone done it yet?

As far as I know, Omega does anything - any tick and timeframe. But I've had difficulties with setting up traffic acquisition. And I don't like working with English-language programs either. I am not advanced at all in this sense. Maybe also explain what is a mouwing?
I do not agree about very, very good indicator. The thing is, I don't use indicators, advisors, testers etc. at all, I trade solely on the appearance of the chart with the opening times of the exchanges. Tick-frames can give a significantly different chart appearance. Or vice versa: there is a large amount of trading but it cannot be seen - all it takes is 1-2 bars. Do you think that this situation leads to confusion and complicates the analysis - in order to see how the trade occurred in the fast market, we have to reverse it - look at charts with smaller timeframes and use indicators and volume values that often contradict each other. And visibility is lost...

I personally equate such achievements in redesigning the terminal simply to creating another one, even очень-очень-очень хорошего индикатора, which may be able to help someone in trading (in his subjective opinion).
Let's go back to a previous century, and instead of using a terminal with charts we will work with the quotes flow by telegraph ;)

You are using existing charts, and would probably be using tick charts if they were available. Who decides what a trader needs for analysis and what not?
Isn't it the trader himself? =)

Actually, it's all a polemic...
When the time comes (traffic will be a thousand times cheaper and hard drives less than a terabyte will be history =), tick history will be there. Everyone will.

In the meantime, MT will use the best combination of quality/overhead - minute charts.
MQ is probably right ;)

Bravo Yurixx, iron arguments, you can't be a mosquito, I haven't seen such a clear position on this issue here before (though it's been two years since the problem has been discussed).

Some time ago and I suggested a mechanism described by komposter'a from 17.10.06 19:39, the only thing I can add at the moment - is the choice of the user "basic" time or tick interval (the one that will pump a specific user), which the default put for example m5, and on its basis build other f-f, personally for me enough minutes, so the numbers presented in this post - this is the maximum.

I will give an additional argument not of technical but economic nature, there is a demand, need supply, as long as the niche is not occupied, maybe it will add a drop in the scales of those who want to get the ticks.

Yurixx -How overstated you are about how briefly I'll explain how much traffic will be spent and other stuff on tick history, but still good job you gave that story, which I basically also wanted to do, it just so happened that not a few days did not look in this thread!

I'm personally a follower, and many of my friends too (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) that if you have a program like MT4, it's GREAT not to have tick data, and the longer the history of these data is stored, the better for everyone, and for DC, and for Metakvotes and for end users.

For the history of quotes, ticks are the bricks from which all freemies are built, and who can build a normal house without bricks? Yes, you can build with blocks or foam concrete, but not that, not the same strength, not that fineness, not that calculation!

Let's have TIKI!!!!!!!

I personally think that developers artificially invent technical problems to justify unwillingness (or impossibility) to refine MT in terms of tick history.
Tick file string (Time,Close,Volume) = (int,double,double) = (4,8,8,) = 20 bytes.

In the currency market the largest quote (in terms of the number of significant digits) is gbpjpy (=~221.80), for its encoding we need log2(22180) = 15 bits (2 bytes), but not 8 bytes (double).
Practical Volume values can fit in 1 byte at all.
So, even without considering Close,Volume pair can fit in 3 bytes instead of 16 (ideally). Considering control bits in 4 bytes (in practice).
Total, even timing sequence of ticks can be compressed 4 times (though it is clear, that double is taken with a reserve, but nevertheless).

History archives can be compressed even more, using algorithms with dictionary.
Even such simple method as switching from zip to 7z can significantly cut down your bandwidth (although I don't know which algorithm is used in MT).

So, Yurixx figures need to be adjusted significantly ;).

So with some fine-tuning, it's quite possible to go from minutes to ticks with the same amount of traffic.

Maybe you can also explain what a mouwing is?

A mouwing is a MovingAvarage. It is an indicator of the Forex market. It is available in MT4. You can find it in the list of indicators.

Tick-frames can give a much different view of the chart. After all, what happens in terms of time: there is practically no trade, but the bars are drawn, or vice versa - the trade has a large volume and it is not visible - it all fits into 1-2 bars. Do you think that this situation leads to confusion and complicates the analysis - in order to see how the trade occurred in the fast market, we have to reverse it - look at charts with smaller timeframes and use indicators and volume values that often contradict each other. And visibility is lost...

I suggest to move from the endless and senseless verbal argument on the issue of tick series to the detailed proof. To do this we need to do the following. If you want, you can write a simple script that generates tick-series with selected amount of ticks and saves them in the CSV file. Further, you can open this file in EXCEL and use the standard EXCEL tools to draw the tick-series diagram. If such a graph is available for a week, for example at a given tick-frame, you can compare it with a standard MT4 graph and show that the tick-series has given some additional entry/exit points that could not have been received from a standard time series, for example using the trend support/resistance lines or something else.
If real substantiated evidence is presented, then maybe the developers will reconsider their attitude on this issue? But without proofs you guys can make up another 10 pages here with exactly the same result.

<br / translate="no">
For the history of kotynovki tiki are the bricks from which all freemies are built and in all the most thorough data, and who can build a normal house without bricks? yes you can build with blocks or pieces of foam concrete, but not that, not that strength, not that elegance, not that calculation!

Let's have TIKI!!!!!!!

No! The bricks are the minutes, but the tiki? Tiki is sand...
There's plenty of sand in Africa, but not all sand makes good bricks.
Good bricks are made in good factories. Good bricks cost money...
Sand is lying around and can be used to make anything... even fragile glass...
But sand does not hold its shape - it crumbles...

Give us QUALITY minutes !!!!!