a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 302

The only thing I can add is that Soros (of course I may be wrong) is not a pure trader, i.e. he did not earn his huge capital as a trader. Rather he is an investor and self-manager and very successful. Trading is more of an episodic nature - he comes and goes at the right time, do not linger, because it is destructive. <br / translate="no">.

When Soros dropped the pound and made whatever billions he had in what 2-3 days, it didn't look much like investing. And then, a little later, when he wanted to repeat the feat, he quite unsuccessfully hit a mark and lost a lot. That wasn't investing either. Although he made money from investing, his forex activity still qualifies as speculation.

Is this the case with forex? This market has a slightly different nature, or am I wrong? Does any trader have the vast majority of all money concentrated in this market? And has any trader made more money on forex than all the banks in the world, or at least more than one bank?

Sergei, the entropy non-decreasing theorem says nothing about the vast majority and all of the world's banks. To assert that entropy in Forex grows and not decreases it is sufficient to show that money flows from the majority to the minority. I think it's obvious as it is.

<br/ translate="no"> Sergei, the entropy non-decreasing theorem says nothing about the vast majority and all the banks in the world. In order to argue that entropy in forex is increasing, not decreasing, it is enough to show that money flows from the majority to the minority. I think it's pretty obvious.

Yuri, I wasn't claiming, I was asking, I mean asking :o)) It seems to me that it's not so obvious and this is indirectly confirmed by your own post:

When Soros dropped the pound and made whatever billions he had in what 2-3 days, it didn't look much like investing. And then a little later, when he wanted to repeat his feat, he quite unsuccessfully hit a mark and lost quite a bit.

Forex market is the very good that you can earn billions in a few days, or even minutes, but if you stay, you can lose everything (metaphorically speaking), and this is not its best quality.

It wasn't an investment either. Although he did make money from investing, his forex activity still qualifies as speculation.

I have never exposed Sores as a "pie-boy", and you and I aim at Forex, you cannot call it investing, except that the opportunities are smaller, and we would be "invested" on it with our statistics, energies and wavelets. And I think that Forex is the only market where the presence of speculators is enormous, really enormous (I think over 80 percent). Solandr even learned to indirectly calculate their capital using gradient analysis, I remember.

In no way did I expose Sores as a "share boy", and our goal on the forex market cannot be called investment, except that there are fewer opportunities, and however we would be "invested" on it with our stats, energies and wavelets. And I think that Forex is the only market where the presence of speculators is enormous, really enormous (I think over 80 percent). Solandr I remember even learned to indirectly calculate their capital using gradient analysis. <br / translate="no">.

Yeah it doesn't really make a difference. It's just that I've never encountered in nature (or maybe I just haven't noticed) processes in which entropy is non-decreasing. If it is really possible, and forex can not be called a poorly organized experiment, then, consequently, there are some substantial things, laws, which are stricter than the laws of statics and thermodynamics. And, consequently, those, to whom money flows, are not just lucky beggars for an hour or stubborn professionals, but people, who consciously or unconsciously, are blowing in the direction of these regularities. And this means that their search is not a hopeless case and your pessimistic view of trading is not so grounded. :-)

I'm not such a pessimist anymore, much less "armed" with entropy. :о)))

<br / translate="no">https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%94%D0%B6%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BD%D0%B8_%D0%94%D0%B5%D0%BF%D0%BF
I didn't realise that his main source of income was the use of Eliot wave theory in the markets. I should write a letter to wikipendia and have them add that fact to the list.

You don't have to write a letter. It's much simpler. You just have to click on the "correct" link and a page will open in edit mode.
(The quality of articles is then checked and accepted by moderators).

speaking of material points...

I found a great physical analogue to the market: polymer liquids.
they are inherently viscous, elastic and brittle at the same time...

For each level some number of lots is placed (in ascending order, of course, profit level should not correspond to the level of increasing lots). When opening an order, we specify the minimum number of lots. Then we monitor this order and see if the level is exceeded in the direction of TP, we add the specified number of lots. I am sure this simple idea has been implemented and used for a long time.

Yes, that's how the pros trade.

Maybe someone has implemented it, and if you don't mind, please send me the code, because my knowledge of MT is hardly enough to implement this complicated thing without errors. And maybe someone will also be interested and useful. Or at least explain why it is not recommended to use it.

i don't know how to do it, but it's not that complicated. i think similar examples may be found at mql4.com.
you have the brains to write everything, but i suspect that you've hit the same barrier as me (and many others)... we're afraid that if we get unlimited funds without working, there will be nothing to do and life will lose its meaning.

[quote[/quote]
although i didn't, but there's nothing complicated there. i think similar examples can be found on mql4.com...
you have the brains to write it all, but i suspect you are stumbling on the same barrier as me (and many others)... we are afraid that if we get unlimited funds without working, there will be nothing to do, and life will lose its meaning.
[/quote]

B.Williams would call it left brain machinations.

Every week I save quotes for 28 currency pairs for analysis in Excle. So, I noticed an interesting paradox, on some currency pairs the history has changed, but only by 1 pip, but nevertheless. I look at timeframes, ranging from 1-hour and up to monthly, what is interesting, the history is changing not only on the hour and daily charts, but also on monthly charts, for example, quotes that were 4 months ago are changing. How could it be? And how is it possible to test Expert Advisors on history? :)))))

to Commodity Managers

<br / translate="no"> ...
found a great physical analogue for the market: polymer fluids.
they are inherently viscous, elastic and brittle at the same time...

I am not a big supporter of physical analogues and have a vague idea about polymer liquids. But my natural curiosity makes me want to ask - what are the benefits of such an approach? I understand that it may be a trade secret, but can you at least conceptually outline the essence of the model?

to Alex Niroba

Every week I save quotations for 28 currency pairs, for analysis in Excele. So, I noticed an interesting paradox, on some currency pairs the history has changed, the truth is only by 1 pip, but still. I look at timeframes, ranging from one-hour to monthly, what is interesting, the history is changing not only on the hour and daily charts, but also on monthly charts, for example, quotes that were 4 months ago are changing. How could it be? And how is it possible to test Expert Advisors on history? :)))))

Did I get it right: you saved quotes in Excel for a long time, and then looked the same quotes from the same supplier as historical ones and found changes?