a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 293

<br / translate="no"> ...
Mathematics (programming) comes first and the size of the investment account second (third) +)

I disagree. There is a goal and there is a path. The path is much more important than the goal, for it is the path that determines what the goal will actually be. The great art is to choose the right path.

PS: The goal (the dream embodied in the plan) is not an illusion, the path can be and more often is an illusion.

grasn

This is all very correct and weighty... the main thing is not to drag it out +)

grasn

This is all very correct and weighty... the main thing is not to drag it out +)

That's me getting philosophical. Admittedly, the only things I allow myself to read are some forums, books on mathematics and articles on MQL. I haven't read articles for beginners even 7 years ago.

I don't intend to procrastinate (just wish I understood with what, and never mind).

:о)

Yurixx
I can see that the article has hurt you, but in some respects the respected author is right.
It does not seem to me that the reason for writing the article was the notorious "hopelessly lagging behind science complex".
Rather, the author, for the umpteenth time, wanted to emphasize that some people change their system of priorities.

Mathematics (programming) comes first, and the size of the investment account comes second (third) +)

If you can see that, then congratulations, you can see what you don't.
Firstly, I wasn't talking about the article, I was talking about two paragraphs from the article (!). Although I have used another word for them - passages - it's not difficult to understand. I cannot judge about the article itself, I haven't read it.
Secondly, I wrote about my attitude to the scientific way. But I didn't exclaim: "It cannot be because it can never be!" ("Letter to a Learned Neighbour" by A.P. Chekhov - if anyone doesn't know). The author of the article takes the liberty of stating just that. For those who do not know where, quote: "An impossible dream - to create a programme ...".
Thirdly, you are right, some people do change their priority system. It's called learning, growth. In the best case, spiritual growth. Those who cannot do that die without understanding anything in this life.
Fourthly, judging from the last sentence of your post, you have absolutely no doubt that the first place in the system of priorities should be the size of the bill, i.e. money. This is a very common belief, especially among young people. I dare you to assure you that it only speaks to the extreme limitations of your priority system. And the fact that you express it with such conviction, says that you believe that all people are the same and judge them by themselves. Whose narrow-mindedness is that?

Don't take it personally or personally.
The ability to read and understand what is behind words comes with time, but only to those who strive for it.

Yurixx

Mm-hmm. ....

I thought you were smarter than that. +)

I thought you were smarter than that. +)

Thanks for the "you", but if I've disappointed you so much, you can safely write "you". :-))

Yurixx

You're welcome!

Hopefully now that all the niceties have been said and all the labels hung, you will change your accusatory-educating tones and calm down. +)

You can already make a decent dissertation from the material collected in this thread :-) <br / translate="no">

:)
Good day. Alex, can you share your opinion on the further outrage (rise in the pound and euro). Got on the wrong side. By the way, back when the pound reached 2.0100, I wanted to express admiration. I remember the forecast : expecting the pound at 2.1. And now at 2.04, it's too late to admire. In your opinion in the short term will the pound return to 2.01 and the euro to 1.35??? I express admiration without sycophancy :)
Eugene

Из материала собранного в ветке можно уже приличный дисер сварганить :-)

:)
Good afternoon. Alex, can you share your opinion on the further outrage (rise in the pound and euro). Got on the wrong side. By the way, back when the pound reached 2.0100, I wanted to express admiration. I remember the forecast : expecting the pound at 2.1. And now at 2.04, it's too late to admire. In your opinion in the short term will the pound return to 2.01 and the euro to 1.35??? I express admiration without sycophancy :)
Eugene

Eugenie, forecasting is not a worthwhile occupation, you understand. :)))
I do not want the skeptics to make noise again.
I'm 100% sure that the markets are difficult, but it is possible to predict them!

I have found a way to reduce the prediction to a single option.
I am currently working on it in details.
I have tried to get some help in a parallel thread - a couple of like-minded people
with knowledge of MQL and preferably Neely's wave theory, but so far
I have to do everything by myself.
I still hope to join efforts in this matter
and jointly bring the strategy to its logical conclusion.

Regards,
Alex Niroba

<br / translate="no"> I am 100% sure that markets are difficult, but predictable!

Regards,
Alex Niroba

Good day.
Alex, could you clarify the situation with the pound (without giving out your knowledge)? It seems you have not described the real price pattern (one wave) on the blog. I estimate figures by eye, what is the problem, but in my opinion, the pound is on the fifth wave (on the hour chart, if we take the beginning of June 8). And by my logic, it should already stop, but it goes on and on. Alex, if possible, could you please comment on this situation.

I'm reading Neely, I've only read Pretcher before, and I'd say Neely's a bit hard to read. He spells it out so much that you don't know what he's spelling out. Also, he doesn't really translate his methodology to forex, have you had difficulties with that?
I'm following one trader who trades what seems to me like Elliot's. The result is impressive: I've got not a single losing deal in a year. Profitability is not so high, but risk management is not bad either: he invests no more than 5% of capital. My point is that if you didn't open deals with such a leverage, your trading would be easier on your nerves, wouldn't it?
I do not speak MQL and unfortunately cannot help in such matters. Alex, again, if I may, what about the pound?

Eugene