a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 128

grasn
Hi Sergei !
Don't take it personally. I think Alex is a very tough guy. He wants to get his fists into someone's hands.

How are you, on a business trip or on base? :)
How is the research going ?

2 Candid
I now use in determining the quality of my entries as a stop exit beyond 3.5 RMS and as a profit exit beyond 1.5 RMS (on the other side of the mid-channel line).

This information is not enough. You should also add to this what level you are using for entry.

2 grans
Are you trying to prove something to someone? It's not clear why. Don't throw coal at Alec, he won't burn.

Finally there is a question in which there is total solidarity. :-)

By the way, the topic Alex raised (I mean fractals) is no less interesting than, say, potential energy. :-)
However, in his large post I saw only what I've already read in various sources on the net.
Well, except, of course, for aliens. This was new and, frankly, impressive information for me.

As I understand Alex gave pieces of his diploma. These pieces are enough for an essay, but not enough for a diploma. I must suppose that Alex has some constructive part in it as well. If this is true and he really was able to create something of his own, it is good and you should congratulate him on that. Very little has actually been done in this area. Even Mandelbrot with his fractal generator did not make any impression on me.

Now I understand what Elliott wave theory has to do with it. After all, the Elliott waves have a fractal structure too. The Hearst index is connected with the dimensionality of fractal space. But no one knows how to calculate the Hearst exponent for an Elliott wave. But it is known for the LR channel.

Если я вас правильно понимаю, Вы хотите чтобы вам предоставили уже готовое решение.
Если бы вам представился выбор: рыба или удочка, интересно что бы Вы взяли?

Niroba, I don't understand you, I don't understand your train of thought. Apparently it is the result of a trained mind. What makes you think that I am waiting for a solution from someone? Was it something that I was begging for on the pages of the forum? Did you make up your mind after reading the joke? For those who haven't understood, for you Niroba - it was just a joke, an anecdote to the topic and nothing more.

Or have you decided that you gave me sacred knowledge, to use your terminology, a fishing rod? Oh, when was that? I must have missed it. Oh, I remember! That was when you flattened time!!! Of course!

Grasn, don't you worry so much. Nerve cells don't regenerate.
Enjoy your business trip.

2 grans
Are you trying to prove something to someone? It's not clear why. Don't throw coal at Alec, he won't burn.

Jhonny, thank you for your advice.
Grasn, don't throw any more coal!!!

continuation of that channel

The man is strangled by a complaint that the branch he started has grown so much through no fault of his own :)<br / translate="no"> The most interesting thing is that he didn't say anything clever at the beginning.... and the end doesn't really work out either :)

Very interesting to read your clever and informative posts on the subject.

I'm glad Yurixx has found another important issue to discuss about:)))))))))

Finally there is a question in which there is total solidarity. :-)

zy: Do you think Alexz, should the Green one grow up? Hee hee (nasty chuckle).
another 10 pages?! :-)

Rosh, I see that you have started building channels on slightly different principles?
I think it works better that way.

<br/ translate="no"> Yurixx
How are you doing, on a business trip or on base ? :)
How's the exploring going?

Hi Yuri, Glad to hear or rather to read.

Flew in today. The research is still in full swing. Soon I'll post another version of potential energy calculation, though in matcad. With horror I can imagine how much code I will need to write in MT, to repeat this algorithm.

I strongly recommend you and other colleagues (I hope I haven't offended anybody :) to pay attention to digital signal processing, spectral analysis and autocorrelation in particular. It may very well be (in the sense that I have discovered something, but it still requires a lot of testing) that identifying a reliable channel with these techniques is much easier.

Unlike potential energy, of which I already have three variants and all different :o), DSP is a simple and straightforward area.

And I also recommend, pay attention to entropy (respectively for the channel), so to speak, to dig in this direction.

Experiments with determining the reversal zone (I mean, the zone where the current channel breaks down) are successful. But I keep checking and refining, there are still significant errors. The percentage is approximately 30-40% successful, with no refinement, i.e. once defined and looking at how it actually was. At least - I'm an optimist. :o))

He scratches his fists at someone.

With the tongue... he scratches with his tongue :o)

Jhonny

Are you trying to prove something to someone? Not sure why

You're right. Really, what's the point? :о)))

Good luck everyone :o))))

And I also recommend paying attention to entropy (respectively for the channel), so to speak, to dig in that direction.

This seems to me to be a very sensible idea!