a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 6

I've had orders that opened pip by pip (limit orders), and there have been stops the same way. Mystery :)

<br / translate="no"> The theory exists. The question is whether it is effective in practice.
You can check it out - if your deposit goes up during a certain period of time, it means that your theory works.
if your deposit grows steadily over a period of time, then your theory works, and vice versa,
If it is not increasing - then it remains a theory.

One can verify this more accurately by looking not at the deposit, but at one's own bank account. Whether it grows with this theory.

Точность вычисления разворотных точек иногда прогсто граничит с мистикой :).
Удачи и попутных трендов. Владислав (VG).

The trump word is "sometimes" ;)

Occasionally is a percentage of 80% of the time (for fans of statistical estimates). In other cases, the accuracy is 10-15 pips. Which, in principle, I think is acceptable. For example, the short on the eu, put out yesterday, fell a little short of 1.1855 :).

So the word is indeed "trump" ;). Good luck and good luck with the trends.

$-)

<br / translate="no"> The theory exists. The question is whether it is effective in practice.
You can check it out - if your deposit goes up during a certain period of time, it means that your theory works.
if your deposit grows steadily over a period of time, it means your theory works and vice versa,
If it is not increasing - then it remains a theory.

That's not right, or rather it's not quite right. The key moment here will be the number of unconnected deals. Only after that there will be a possibility to estimate the statistical significance of the system - suddenly it is built on peculiarities of the sample - that is, on statistically insignificant properties. What would be surprising if this system collapsed over time ? (This is not specifically about your system - this is the basis of the approach for assessing significance) - all IMHO, of course.

Divorce is this. The second one.
And the first is on that forum.

Divorce is this. The second one. <br / translate="no"> And the first is on that forum.

Looks like the guy's trying to be funny.

Точность вычисления разворотных точек иногда прогсто граничит с мистикой :).
Удачи и попутных трендов. Владислав (VG).

Козырное слово "иногда" ;)

Sometimes it's a percentage of 80% of the time (for fans of statistical estimates). In other cases, the accuracy is 10-15 pips. Which, in principle, I think is acceptable. For example, the short on the eu, set yesterday, fell a little short of 1.1855 :).

Actually the centre of the range should be 1.1865 according to the statistical computations ? :)

Vladislav
What I don't do is digging into minutes: I have all intraday periods reduced to daily ones ;) (I only trade medium term trends). I do not use zigzags and Elliott - I calculate something similar using matstatistics and Murray. The accuracy of reversal point calculation is sometimes near mystical :). <br/ translate="no">
Good luck and good luck with trends. Vladislav (VG).

Can the following statements be clarified?
1. "All intraday periods are converted to daily ones" - is it a special transformation or you may use the OHLC of a daily bar as a base for calculations of intraday trading?

2. "Generally not on zig-zags and without Elliott - I calculate something similar using matstatistics and Murray".
Murray, as far as I understand it, is a breakdown of the range into 8 sublevels (7 levels of correction). Can't the reference points of the range be represented as ZigZag points? Let's take the next "shoulder" of the ZigZag and calculate the Murray levels for it.

Good luck!

Hi Alexey. <br/ translate="no"> What I don't do is dig into the minutes : I have all intraday periods reduced to daily ones ;) (I only trade medium term trends). Not on zigzags and without Elliott - I calculate something similar using matstatistics and Murray. The accuracy of reversal point calculation sometimes borders on mysticism :).

Vladislav, this thread contains 3 pages of useless rubbish containing no useful information! But I think you could have saved this thread, if you described your strategy in more detail. I don't use zigzags and Elliot either. And I assess the viability of the strategy by taster results, testing the strategy on M1 (all ticks). However, I am not tracking any trends as I think different oscillators and MAs are rather dangerous, but even they may give a small profit when certain conditions are met. When I place limit orders, I do not know in advance how long they will hold. The holding time of an order lasts from 1-2 hours to 10 days. Could you provide us the tester data concerning your strategy? I am interested in profitability, drawdown and number of deals. For example, on my 1.5 year M1 history when placing Limit orders on different timeframes I managed to get the Profitability (total profit/loss ratio) from 1.3 (on M30) to 2.4 (on D1), the number of deals at different timeframes varies from 300 to 660. What is the situation with your strategy?