Your symbols and your datafeeds in Metatrader 5 - page 26

Yuriy Lyachshenko:

now you can import your quotes from a csv file

To do this: MT5->View->Symbols->Bars->Import bars

You cannot. Build 2860.

x572intraday:

You can't. Build 2860.

It seems to be possible, I create a custom character, download bar data, load, get graphonium, 2860.

transcendreamer:

It seems to be possible, I create a custom character, download the bar data, load it, get graphonium, 2860.

That's great. Except I don't need custom, I just need to tweak one of the standard characters to test something and then bring it back. But it's impossible to create existing characters.

However, I tried to create a custom BTCETH symbol at RoboForex broker, which gives BTC and ETH quotes on weekends. I threw this pair on the chart window, but in response I got endless "Waiting for update" and no price change in Market Watch. WHAT? Looks like I didn't fill in some fields when I created it...

x572intraday:

That's great. Except that I don't need custom ones, I just need to tweak one of the standard characters to test something and then bring it back. But it's impossible to create existing characters.

However, I tried to create custom BTCETH symbol at RoboForex broker which gives me BTC and ETH quotes on weekends. I threw this pair on my chart window, but I got endless "Waiting for update" and no price change in Market Watch. WHAT? Looks like I didn't fill in some fields when I created it...

make a custom character my.BTCETH what's the problem ?

there's just a nuance - if done via API calls, it's done in "service". It won't work in robot, it can't stand on its own symbol, you'll get the same "Waiting for update"

x572intraday:

That's great. Except that I don't need custom ones, I just need to tweak one of the standard characters to test something and then bring it back. But existing characters cannot be created.

However, I tried to create a custom BTCETH symbol at RoboForex broker which gives BTC and ETH quotes on weekends. Threw the received pair on the chart window, but the response is endless "Waiting for update" and no price change in Market Watch. WHAT? Looks like I didn't fill in some fields when I created it...

Maybe I'm misunderstanding...

the task is to create a cross-course which would update in real time based on existing ones?

You need to specify the formula in the symbol properties: BTCUSD/ETHUSD

or should i create a custom tool to fill my history?

maybe i really don't understand 🤔

Thank you all, it's working. Really, it's funny looking at the spread, which is now positive and now negative.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

It won't work in a robot, it can't stand on its own symbol, you'll get that "Waiting for update".

Here, it seems to work on its own symbol.

Tester
Tester
  • www.mql5.com
Визуальный Тестер внутри Терминала

fxsaber:

Here, it seems to work on its own symbol.

A slight movement of the hand may unclip the EA.

Changing symbol properties (at least before) caused DeInit-OnInit, a la timeframe change. It was like that with Digits. Crypt digits can change over the course of the play, which almost causes history clearing and re-initialization of charts.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

A slight movement of the hand can unclip the EA.

Changing symbol properties (at least before) caused DeInit-OnInit, a la timeframe change.

Seems to be no problem. Changing Digits on the fly - probably someone needs to. But can't think of why.