Your symbols and your datafeeds in Metatrader 5 - page 19

Andrey Dik:
Ctrl+U

Yeah, that's where I looked too.

or is this another infringement on non-vindo users?

2017.04.08 01:33:12.580 Terminal        MetaTrader 5 build 1578 started (MetaQuotes Software Corp.)

Cool!

For me, the most valuable thing is the 'Tiki' tab:

MetaTrader 5 x64 build 1578 Tab Ticks

Renat Fatkhullin:

MetaQuotes-Demo started in beta version 1578:

This is still a beta version.

What we'll do step by step:

1. Custom symbols
  2. Custom synthetic symbols, recalculated according to predefined formulas (it will be easy to build indexes and composites)
  3. Datafeeds in MQL5, working as services all the time

Custom symbols will be available in the Strategy Tester. Perhaps, we will also allow them in the MQL5 Cloud Network.

After hearing the news about the progress towards extending the data management capabilities, I decided to ask (am I happy about that): Will it be possible to access the data stored on the disk through the Expert Advisor, and not only to the data downloaded to the terminal?

tyup:

When I saw the news about advances towards extending data management capabilities, I decided to ask whether it would be possible to access data stored on disk through the Expert Advisor and not only to those data which are loaded into the terminal.

Of course you can. In an extreme case, using a DLL.

Why?

tyup:

When I saw the news about new developments in the direction of expanding data management capabilities, I decided to ask (am I happy about it): Would it be possible to access the data stored on disk through the Expert Advisor, and not only to the data downloaded to the terminal?

You can still do this by loading data from files yourself.

But you can create custom symbols linked to static files to access this data later via standard functions. If you use datafeeds (programs in MQL5 working as services, which are a new type of robots), you can provide relay updates.

Whoa! Let's all go download now!

@Renat Fatkhullin

what about wine? will it solve the problem of not displaying bars and tiki tabs? or like with market again all linux and macOS will be left out of the picture?

i have linux Ubuntu and wine 1.6.2 and 2.4

kaus_bonus:

Yeah, that's where I looked too.

or is this another infringement on non-vinde users?

We'll check and fix it on the water.

Renat Fatkhullin:
We'll check and fix it under the water.

thanks!)

tyup:

Seeing the news about data management capabilities, I decided to ask whether it will be possible to access with the help of expert to the data stored on the disk, but not only to those data which are loaded into the terminal.

said that it would be possible to

Renat Fatkhullin:
We decided to open interfaces to write our own datafeeds for MT5.

It will be possible to freely write your own data sources, including reltime data sources. This will allow any kind of data to be plugged in, including detailed history and Level2 tumblers.

By default we will provide a number of in-house datafeeds, including off-line ones. Virtual characters will also be available in the tester.

All of this is free, of course.