Your symbols and your datafeeds in Metatrader 5 - page 8

zaskok:
Yep, the results were posted without me. It is clear that the algorithm described in the article finds local extrema almost immediately and of a much higher quality than the standard GA.

Into the granite! This is your catchphrase, there is no point in going against it, it is about this pointlessness that I spoke out at once. You don't need proof, you don't even question your rightness. I'm sure the appearance of tick data and custom feeds, from your point of view, does not resonate with the granite phrase, when you were asked about it and proved the feasibility for N years. Experienced as you are!

You haven't read the article at all, which is why you mention this "churn". But the article doesn't use it in the slightest. "Haven't read it, but I condemn it" - you can't read experience, can you? Specifically, I am not satisfied that GA does not find convergent (not random) local extrema. Therefore its suitability for TC optimization is doubtful, to say the least. So many heuristic algorithms were invented for a reason. And there is no best heuristic algorithm. Each task has its own best one. So GA for this very TC optimization task is, unfortunately, far from being the best. The arguments are given in the article for those who want to understand what we are talking about.

You, unfortunately, are wrong.

Just for the record, to understand a little bit about optimisation, try to figure out the answers to these questions:

1. What is optimization?

2. Why and whether it is necessary to search for an optimum?

3. Which problems can be solved in a reasonable amount of time and which cannot be solved. Why for some problems it is not only unnecessary but even harmful for precious time to use not only genetic, but any other heuristic search algorithms.

4. Is it possible to find not only a global but several local extrema with GA? - What is required for this?

5. What is needed to improve the efficiency of GA as applied to a particular problem?

There are many more key questions, without answers to which it is not so easy not only to "look for something" but at least to look in a society of professionals in this matter at least not quite a profane.

Here is a practical example with numbers - optimization of EA with six parameters.

Calculated 3.17 percent of passes from the complete search of parameters and on the main diagonal you can see values of parameters,

where the best results are obtained (light yellow). You can already see which way to go.

The genetic algorithm is good, but when you see the overall plan of the influence of the parameters, much becomes clearer.

As soon as I saw the thread, I thought for sure there would be some comrades who'd be playing the old "Oh, how many times have we said, oh, they didn't listen to us" rant. Loo-loo-loo..."

Is it not clear that any functions, any features and technologies in any particular product appear when and only when it is economically viable? - Right now and for MT5 this economical necessity appeared and they will do it not one year earlier and not one year later. We are doing it now. Yes, in some other products such opportunities have already existed for a long time, but there were no other opportunities, which MT has been providing for centuries.

event:

Here is a practical example with numbers - optimization of EA with six parameters.

Calculated 3.17 percent of passes from the complete search of parameters and on the main diagonal you can see values of parameters,

where the best results are obtained (light yellow). You can already see which way to go.

The genetic algorithm is good, but when you see the overall plan of influence of the parameters, a lot becomes clearer.

You need to separate the concepts of "optimization algorithms" and "methods of statistical and visual data processing and presentation". Why you are mixing them up is unclear...

IvanIvanov:

One last try, purely out of curiosity, how much would 1,000,000,000 passes cost if you use all of the service's remote agent network? I haven't used remote agents in a long time, so I don't know the prices.

Do the calculation yourself, with N seconds per pass, please.

joo:

As soon as I saw the topic, I thought for sure there would be some comrades who would start playing the old "Oh, how many times we said, oh, they didn't listen to us" rant. Loo-loo-loo..."

Don't you understand that any functions, any features and technologies in any particular product appear when and only when it is economically viable? - Right now and for MT5 such an economical necessity appeared and they will do it, and not a year earlier and not a year later. We are doing it now. Yes, in some other products such opportunities have already existed for a long time, but there were no other opportunities, which MT has been providing for centuries.

Absolutely.

joo:
You have to separate the concepts of "optimization algorithms" and "methods of statistical and visual data processing and presentation". Why you are mixing them up is unclear...
Why do you need to separate them? I like optimisation with visualisation better.

event:
Why separate? I like optimization with visualization better.

I like them very much together too. Well, you have to separate. Separate - in the sense of realizing that visualization is only a tool that helps a person to make a decision. With or without any visualization, the optimization algorithm itself does not get better or worse.

By the way, Renat gives a bit of reassurance by saying that 10000 passes are enough in practical terms. I can say that 5000 is enough for all tasks that cannot be computed analytically. At least 100000000 (one hundred million) passes can be replaced by 5000 passes with GA. I have made sure of this by optimizing GA parameters with another GA, in more than 90% of cases working solutions are obtained.

joo:
I like them very much together too. Well, you have to separate. Separate - in the sense of realizing that visualization is only a tool that helps a person to make a decision. With or without any visualization, the optimization algorithm itself does not become better or worse.
I think you misunderstand: the above post is a visualization of an optimization method from an article (not mine) :-)

joo:

As soon as I saw the topic, I thought for sure there would be some comrades who would start playing the old "Oh, how many times we said, oh, they didn't listen to us" rant. Loo-loo-loo..."

Is it not clear that any functions, any features and technologies in any particular product appear when and only when it is economically viable? - Right now and for MT5 this economical necessity appeared and they will do it not one year earlier and not one year later. We are doing it now. Yes, in some other products such opportunities have already existed for a long time, but there are no other opportunities that MT has been providing for ages.

Well enlighten us, about economic feasibility(can you believe it, I'm so dumb I still don't get it).
Is it something from the area of the dollar exchange rate has changed? Like a year ago it was different, and now the work of programmers has become more economically viable (they need to be paid less)?

And that is why they are only now creating code and providing such a feature that has been available in other trading platforms for dozens of years. Is that how you see it ?