Testing 'CopyTicks' - page 35

fxsaber:
However, I have not. I take off the indicator, the brakes continue for some time.

Maybe so, but for the conclusions you need to disable graphics in the indicator and check.

That is why normal programming languages have introduced the possibility of working with threads and GUI is always displayed in a separate execution thread )). Now it turns out that MQL5 has a possibility to display graphics for visualization and control but they hinder the execution of the main program logic on fast algorithms.

I have decided to make one more test without graphics and, if slowness occurs, I will change the target platform to something that is used by exchange traders.

It's the Market Overview, common to all characters, that's slowing things down!

fxsaber:
It's the Market Watch, common to all symbols, that's slowing down!
strange, how can it be slow? it is a terminal entity and is executed in a separate thread, not in a user thread

coderex:
i wonder how it can freeze? it's a terminal entity and it is executed in a separate thread, not in a user thread
Like this

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Testing 'CopyTicks'

fxsaber, 2016.11.23 08:47

Captured on video

The yellows are a fresh tick story. Can clearly see the Market Review slowing down. And when it comes out of the brake, the tick history retroactively changes. I.e. when Market Watch slows down and you can't get data through the tick history.

To reproduce the brakes, run this EA

void OnInit()
{
  EventSetMillisecondTimer(50);
}

void OnTimer()
{
  MqlTick Ticks[];
  Comment((string)TimeCurrent() + " " + (string)CopyTicks(_Symbol, Ticks));
}

on a symbol which has no history in Bases.

Without removing the EA, switch to another trade server with the same symbol.

If the braking does not work, switch to another trade server again. Perhaps, it may have another symbol.

I do not get the brakes the first time, but after a little switching (many accounts on different servers open) for a minute I manage to create a situation where the market overview brakes. Not as obviously slow as ZoomPrice allows (same playback method, but just this indicator instead of EA), but still better than nothing.

fxsaber:

To reproduce the brakes, run this EA

void OnInit()
{
  EventSetMillisecondTimer(50);
}

void OnTimer()
{
  MqlTick Ticks[];
  Comment((string)TimeCurrent() + " " + (string)CopyTicks(_Symbol, Ticks));
}

on a symbol which has no history in Bases.

Without removing the EA, switch to another trade server with the same symbol.

If the braking does not work, switch to another trade server again. Perhaps, it may have another symbol.

I do not get the brakes the first time, but after a little switching (many accounts open on different servers) for a minute I manage to create a situation where the market overview brakes. Not as obviously slow as ZoomPrice allows (same playback method, but just this indicator instead of EA), but still better than nothing.

I see, I apologise for my inattention, it's not my situation ))

Today's release of the 1485 build features improvements to CopyTicks:

• dynamically increased the cache to 128k ticks on requests, reducing the need to keep the ticks in-house
  • CopyTicksRange feature added:

Renat Fatkhullin:

Today's release of the 1485 build features improvements to CopyTicks:

• dynamically increased the cache to 128k ticks on requests, reducing the need to keep the ticks in-house
  • CopyTicksRange feature added:
Thanks, will definitely try it out!

I used to write here about Opening that the volumes in ticks weren't coming - zero. Checked yesterday - all OK, must have updated.

Maybe an offtopic, but kinda not really. Where can I find an Open Interest indicator for mt5 with history saved? (If i want to use it, i will need an mt5 mt4 open interest indicator and i dont know how to save it. .SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_SESSION_INTEREST,interes) works fine (data as in queue), . Or at least where to find saved candlestick data by si, rts by open interest ?

juriy5555:

I used to write here about Opening that the volumes in ticks weren't coming - zero. Checked yesterday - all OK, must have updated.

Maybe an offtopic, but kinda not really. Where can I find an Open Interest indicator for mt5 with history saved? (If i want to use it, i will need an mt5 mt4 open interest indicator and i dont know how to save it. . SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_SESSION_INTEREST,interes) works fine (data as in QuickKey), . Or at least where to find saved candlestick data by si, rts by open interest ?

Look in the marketplace, saw one. You can also try to write a request to servicedesk to add.