Testing 'CopyTicks' - page 28

fxsaber:

That's why you don't even want to look at the bars.

I ran this indicator

Everywhere I looked, Volume == TurnOver_BUY - TurnOver_SELL. Didn't automatically check, of course.

So check it, put control with value from volume[] at the moment of next bar tick arrival.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
Well, check it and set control with value from volume[] at the moment of next bar's tick arrival.

It can be done, except why, when, obviously, the bars even on the real exchange are bullshit.

If I were a fan, I would crucify MT5 on smartlab with all the relish in the form of screenshots and videos. It's amazing how much the broker discredits the platform!

As soon as they fix the bars, I'll check if the volume fields are formed correctly. But again, why?

fxsaber:

It can be done, except why, when, obviously, the bars even on the real exchange are bullshit.

If I were a fan, I would crucify MT5 on smartlab with all the relish in the form of screenshots and videos. It's amazing how much the broker discredits the platform!

As soon as they fix the bars, I'll check if the volume fields are formed correctly. But again, why?

We're not discussing bars, but an algorithm for packing ticks into bars. There is a difference between a broker and a broker, and there is a great choice.

And why should I check it? Aren't you interested in whether your algorithm counts correctly?

Alexey Kozitsyn:

I think we are not talking about bars, but about the algorithm for packing ticks into bars. A broker is not the same as a broker, there is a choice.

Why do you need to check? Aren't you curious if your algorithm calculates correctly?

This thread is about CopyTicks, not bars. Developer's algorithm generates bars based on input data, which is what we get via CopyTicks.

My algorithm is correct. If there are discrepancies with the bars, it means that the algorithm of bar forming has bugs. But it has nothing to do with CopyTicks.

fxsaber:

This thread is about CopyTicks, not about bars. The algorithm for generating developer bars is based on the input data, which is what we get through CopyTicks.

My algorithm is correct. If there are discrepancies with the bars, it means that the algorithm of bar forming has bugs. But it has nothing to do with CopyTicks.

Okay, I see your point. But, regarding CopyTicks (), it is better to wait for answer of developers.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
Ok, I understand your position. But, regarding CopyTicks() it's better to wait for answer from developers.
It's important for me to work properly with history and real-time ONLY with CopyTicks and with tumbler. All the rest (and it's bars) - to hell, because they are processing of available source data.

fxsaber:
I care about proper history and real-time operation ONLY with CopyTicks and with a tumbler. All the rest (which are bars) - to hell, because they are processing of available source data.
Once again, the errors identified by me may affect your interests ... but to be 100% sure that your algorithm is accurate, based only on the fact that it is your algorithm ... it's up to you.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
Once again, the errors I have identified may affect your interests as well... and to be 100% sure that your algorithm is accurate, based only on the fact that it is your algorithm... that's up to you.
Just tested it thoroughly. Hence the confidence.

fxsaber:
Just checked it thoroughly. Hence the confidence.

I think we need to check again:

And please, less bravado.

Files:

Alexey Kozitsyn:

I think we need to check again:

And please, less bravado.

I don't have the opportunity to check on the crooked Opening. But on the straight BCS your control error looks like this

I suggest in a minute to open a BCS real.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Limit order slippage statistics at the exchange

pivomoe, 2016.08.25 15:15

Start doing a demo mt5 account at bx. You will get an email with a link to the distribution. At the server selection stage choose not a demo server but for real trading. Create an account with arbitrary data. Create a certificate. All you have a real account with zero balance with real quotes and history.

To talk about the same thing.