Mentor - page 6

Edic:
Forex and a deposit of some Mio are practically incompatible).

My understanding is that it talks about a fund and a start-up of $100,000. What is not clear is that the data is given for 8 years, then the author writes that the system has been in real operation for about a year. http://gyazo.com/9d3b66761200189eea67ff127268a375

That is, they are trying to sell the test results for $10000?

Gyazo
Gyazo
  • gyazo.com
Share new screenshots in just two clicks. Get Gyazo today.

VDev:
A 90-110% profit in almost seven years? And for that $10000? You got to be kidding me.
the whole point from 5 to 8 minutes, with 1:1 leverage, the risk/return ratio is 9%/ 197%, with 1:3 leverage, 26%/ 2106%, i.e. the risk has tripled, and the return is 10 )

Edic:
Forex and a deposit of a few mio are practically incompatible)
Or so...

thejobber:
the whole point from 5 to 8 minutes, with 1:1 leverage the risk/return ratio is 9%/ 197%, with 1:3 leverage it is 26%/ 2106%, i.e. the risk is 3 times higher and the return 10 times higher )

When I looked at the site and realised that these were test results, I didn't waste time on the video. I have been talking to people who trade on the NYSE and Chicago with multimillion-dollar portfolios. I communicate with people who trade on NYSE and Chicago with multimillion depo, their profit of 15-20% a month is fantastic. Honestly, for me it is strange, because all data on transactions is available, unlike on the miserable forex market. And as a rule, people have servers at the site, the speed is insane. Is there a problem with the algorithms? I don't know. I've been asked to run it on Matlab, but I need to rework the algorithm... locks are not allowed on the exchange. I may try it for the sake of curiosity and it may be useful for MT5 as MT4 only has a trading robot so far.

In general, let me tell you a joke. About 2 years ago I had a Russian guy from the States studying MQL4. He had a dream - to make a robot that would bring 3-4% profit per month. When I asked him why he needed such a measly 3%, he replied: "Lesha, here the interest rate on deposits tends to zero. And I have a lot of rich people among my friends. And if I can guarantee such a percentage there will be a queue for me)))

So everything is relative in this best of all worlds))

VDev:

When I looked at the website and realised that these were test results, I spentAnd in general, let me tell you an anecdote. About two years ago I was studying MQL4 with a Russian guy from the States. He had a dream - to make a robot that would bring 3-4% profit per month. When I asked him why he needed such a measly 3%, he replied: "Lesha, here the interest rate on deposits tends to zero. And I have a lot of rich people among my friends. And if I can guarantee such an interest, there will be a queue for me)))

So everything is relative in the best of all worlds))

It's not a joke i say it all the time but not many people hear it, i have the same goals as the guy, the target return is higher than that of a foreign currency deposit, look at the bank offers for foreign currency deposits
I'm a deposit taker and it's for my soul.

IvanIvanov:
Well, or so.
Why, we go to the big ECN platforms, of course all the DCs are a thing of the past, we become a direct inst. broker, we leave the MQL account for memory, like a teddy bear from childhood)). Only we may forget about the shoulders. My IMHO, I have no experience. Although, with that kind of money I would analyse stock markets, forex has many advantages in the form of liquidity, but it is a distributed system with the behaviour that often cannot be analysed.

IvanIvanov:
it is not a joke i say it all the time but not many people hear it, i have the same goals as the guy, the target return is higher than that of a foreign currency deposit, look at banks offering foreign currency deposits
and running a deposit is for the soul.
The phrase "target yield should be higher than the yield on foreign currency deposits" - do you mean Russia or abroad? To be honest, I am not even aware of Russia at the moment.

VDev:
Do you mean Russia or abroad? To be honest, I don't even know about Russia at the moment.
Russia is not much different from abroad... look at Sberbank's annual interest rate on a dollar deposit and compare it with that abroad.

mmm, sbere raised the rates a long time ago.
Sbere now has a 5% interest rate on usd.

VDev:
Profit of 90-110% for almost 7 years? And for THIS $10000? You're joking...

No one in Marekta would even take her for 10 quid). . I would. I have enough of these grails myself. If I get such statistics in the test, I don't even test it in real life. Although, if the leverage is 8-th, the thin parabola will work out and the drawdown will easily withstand. In exchange, these systems may cause slippage or you may not reach a limit. At Forex too, but with its own specifics.

And this "expert" from the video does not even understand that the test should be done without reinvestment, to assess results and prospects more easily and adequately.