The axioms of financial market analysis (or the whole truth about the right and wrong use of indicators) - page 2

I completely agree with this interpretation:

Три аксиомы технического анализа

Price movements in the market take into account all information

According to thisaxiom, all information affecting the price of a commodity has already been taken into account in the price and trading volume itself, and there is no need to study the dependence of the price on political, economic, or other factors separately. It is sufficient to focus on price/volume movements and get information aboutthe most likely development of the market.

Price movements are subject to trends

Prices do not just change randomly, but follow sometrends, i.e. time series can be broken up into intervals in which price changes in certain directions dominate.

History repeats itself

It makes sense to use the graphical models (figures) of price changes identified from the analysis of historical data, because price changes reflect a fairly consistent psychology of the market crowd - participants react in a similar way to similar situations.

But the nature of the movement also repeats itself. It is known that price rises relatively smoothly in many cases, and falls in leaps and bounds (it happens due to gradual accumulation of"long positions" and then massive closing them).

All other assumptions (hypotheses) are based on these axioms. And everyone decides for himself to believe in these 3 whales or not...

Технический анализ — Википедия
Технический анализ — Википедия
  • ru.wikipedia.org
Цена и объём индийского фондового индекса BSE. Цена повторяет FTSE. Здесь различимы точки сильного увеличения объёма — на графике можно увидеть два «сигнала разворота» (в середине) и «начало гонки» (слева) Технический анализ — прогнозирование вероятного изменения цен на основе закономерностей, в виде аналогичных изменений цен в прошлом, в...

Axiom (Greek ξίωμα - statement, position), postulate - the initial statement of a theory, which is accepted by the theory as true without the requirement of proof and used in the proof of other statements, which are in turn called theorems.

The necessity of accepting axioms without proof follows from the inductive consideration: any proof has to rely on some statements, and if one requires its own proof for each of them, the chain will become infinite. To avoid infinity, it is necessary to break this chain somewhere, i.e. to accept some statements as initial without proofs. It is such, accepted as initial, statements that are called axioms.

In modern science, the question of the truth of the axioms underlying a theory is resolved either within the framework of other scientific theories or by interpreting the theory in question.

P.S.: friends, what's the matter with you, none of you can look into wikipedia to read the meaning of the term AXIOMA? or is it just a burning desire to fuld?

You are simply being asked to sort out more carefully what is a definition, what is an axiom, what is a theorem, what is a hypothesis, etc.

For example, what you call "axiom #2" is not an axiom -- it is not even a definition in the strict sense, but rather descriptive botany.

avtomat:

You are simply being asked to sort out more carefully what is a definition, what is an axiom, what is a theorem, what is a hypothesis, etc.

For example, what you call "axiom #2" is not an axiom -- it is not even a definition in the strict sense, but rather descriptive botany.

Dear friend, excuse me, but I cannot change your mind, there are two definitions: divergence and convergence, I have attached screenshots, all the rest, that is called divergence is not such, it is the same axiom, it doesn't matter how you view it. Either refute it with confirmation by screenshots or agree!

And for all that you have written on this branch of the forum, there are two definitions: the first is a FULD, the second is BOOKS !!! Please don't do BOOKS !!!

It's better to write your axiom about technical analysis of financial markets. :)

mmmoguschiy:
I don't know what Dow is... that "postulate" has nothing to do with MT!!! Nor does it have anything to do with anything else.

I don't quite understand what MT has to do with it ???? I don't get it at all !!!

Mutual question: What does MT have to do with the DOI postulates and axioms of financial market analysis??? )))))))))))))))))))))))

The conversation in this thread is about technical analysis of financial markets, not MT, so sorry. ))))

10937:

I don't quite understand what MT has to do with it ???? I don't get it at all !!!

Mutual question: What does MT have to do with the DOI postulates and axioms of financial market analysis??? )))))))))))))))))))))))

The conversation in this thread is about technical analysis of financial markets, not MT, so sorry. ))))

First of all answer what forum are we in? MOEX and Quick? No. You may be surprised, but we are at Metaquotes forum. :-D

Second, put your mouse cursor over the current bar during different news (to understand the news), open the data window(CTRL+D) and look at Volumes and trend direction. Questions will go away by themselves

mmmoguschiy:
first answer which forum are we on? MOEH and Quick? No. You might be surprised, but we are on the Metaquotes forum. :-D

Second, put the mouse cursor on the current bar during different news (to understand what we are talking about), open the data window(CTRL + D) and look at Volumes and change the trend direction. Questions will go away by themselves

It does not matter what forum we are communicating with you, Metaquotes or any other forum, even if it is a chess forum. My topic is unambiguous, it concerns the analysis of financial markets, and it does not matter what platform you work on (even if you draw charts by hand and trade on the phone). You do not like the volumes in MT, then take the volumes of the real stock markets and learn to apply them! I would also advise you to trade in real stock markets. Where there are: real volumes, stock market depth, laws, where the broker is not a party interested in the losses of its own clients (sorry, the correct interpretation: your broker is a liquidity provider for you), guarantees the return of the deposit in case of bankruptcy of the broker, and so on ... but these all details are not for this branch of the forum.

And excuse me, to say that the volume does not support anything, because I use "coffee maker" to receive and analyze volumes, and not the information from the exchange ... that sounds strange ... even!!! Maybe "COFEMOLKA" is to blame. ?..... so change it to a normal exchange terminal!!!!.

trivial but..... also sort of axioms:

1. do not trade against the trend

2. let profits rise

3. trim losses

it's just a matter of identifying the trend

10937:

And for everything you have written on this forum thread there are two definitions: the first is FULD, the second is BOOKS !!! Please don't do BOOKS !!!

Better write your axiom about the technical analysis of financial markets. :)

You'd better define the terms first... Because of uncertainty in the terms - confusion in your head.

transcendreamer:

trivial but..... also sort of axioms:

1. do not trade against the trend

2. let profits rise

3. trim losses

the only thing to do is to determine the trend

1. the trend direction is covered by a volatility cover, so it's "50/50

2. the fact that losses do not increase, therefore it is a 50/50 deal

3. the fact that it is not necessary to cut the profit, therefore it is 50/50

So the point of what you wrote is "50/50 is the cost of circulation". And the point, yes, is "small" - to find the fish a profit.

I'll add a fourth point of my own. As some comrades here like to put it, "don't chase the price around the field and do flea fishing, which is essentially the same thing" - and that's also 50/50.

You could say that, given these four points, half the job is done - we've dealt with the psychology, and all that remains is to find the fish and fish it out.