Emotions when trading - page 13

mmmoguschiy:
the key word here is CAN. MAY go on, MAY not. The money has already been lost. And it MAY happen that you lose even more. The market is such that no money or risk management is likely to help you - the recent events in the franc confirm this. At the end of the day your strategy comes down to a simple grid or god forbid Martin!!! And we all know what that can lead to in the end! You can of course and like that kid pour the equivalent of 2 flats or more into the account to withstand every conceivable pullback. What is the point? Why lose if you can gain? ))
And what is the result? You are forced to enter the market with so small lots, that simply losing the whole sense of trading - getting a good profit, incomparable with conventional types of investments. You can get the same 50-100% a year by less risky methods.

Yes, I'm more of a scalper and aiming for higher frequencies. As they say "all will pass - both sorrow and joy" © Mikhail Boyarsky. So the trend will pass too! Good luck is ephemeral - either you have grasped it or you "took a stand" - in other words you were "bent". You can blow all you want and prove to me or anyone else that you are justifying your current drawdown, but the fact remains!

Every sandman has his own swamp :)
Risk management involves entering the market with lots that allow you to successfully go through drawdowns.
Everyone has their own lot sizes. I have 0.10.
I'm not justifying my current drawdown.
I'm even happy about it.
And the deeper up it goes, the better.
It's already been said that without drawdowns you won't jump into a trend. And you won't make any money.
And you will be satisfied only with small lapses (one profit, two losses...).
This is a typical pattern.
I went through this long time ago. And I drew the right conclusions.
Nobody cancelledthe downtrend in EUR/USD.
A drawdown does not mean a loss.
You seem to be new to trading.
Once you've traded like this for a couple of years, you'll understand why you've never made any money on the market.
Everyone goes through this.
So will you, if you are persistent enough to achieve your goal.

mmmoguschiy:
Sorry, I got emotional :-D

It's not the number of words that counts, it's the punch line.) But I couldn't have said it in lesser words.
You probably haven't read what I wrote.
If you'd read it, you'd have had an effect of comprehension.
And it didn't.
I remember you were quoting Elder.
Good author.
Maybe you should read him again.
When I was losing money, I used to reread his book over and over again.
That's no longer necessary.

You're emotional because you have no trading strategy. And you don't know what's gonna happen to your account tomorrow.
And I know exactly what will happen to mine, because in the example above it is clearly seen what I do in any case.
A disciplined trader always knows how he will act under any set of circumstances. Because he has a plan of action.
And the right course of action.
And you don't have any plan.
How can there be one if you're chasing the price?

I propose a wager.
My signal is published and publicly available - Dollars Keeper
Publish
your signal and make it available.
Let's take a period of a year, or six months...
If you're right and I'm wrong - then there's nothing left of my money, I lose the bet.
If I'm right and you're wrong, you lose.
Whoever loses the bet will pay the winner, let's say $500...
Let everyone here be a bystander...
So, do you agree...?

Globtroter:
Risk management is all about entering the market with lots that allow you to go through drawdowns successfully.
Everyone has their own lot sizes. I have 0.10...
I'm not justifying my current drawdown.
I'm even happy about it.
And the deeper up it goes, the better.
It's already been said that without drawdowns you won't jump into a trend. And you won't make any money.
And you will be satisfied only with small lapses (one profit, two losses...).
This is a typical pattern.
I went through this long time ago. And I drew the right conclusions.
Nobody cancelledthe downtrend in EUR/USD.
A drawdown does not mean a loss.
You seem to be new to trading.
Once you've traded like this for a couple of years, you'll understand why you've never made any money on the market.
Everyone goes through this.
So will you, if you are stubborn enough to reach your goal.
It wasn't really like that :-D

I don't consider myself an ace in any way )) But I also can not call a beginner. The grail is not found - I can say for sure. In general, I would rather define myself differently. I am an idealist. Losses are for me 100% unacceptable :-D Were. I am going away from it now.

I have read what you've written and I understand it all perfectly. But my experience convinces me of the opposite. I actually started with what you are talking about. Now I am going deeper into the maze of HFT, algotrading, arbitrage and everything related to it. I am more of a beginner here in terms of theory. I have a lot to learn.

It's not for me to sit around for a long time and watch your account's debit grow. I'd rather sit back and watch it go up. One profit, two losses? In HFT and scalping you should not look at 3 orders, but at 1000 :-D One plus two minus, and then maybe 50 in +.

And yes, by the way it MAY happen that after a couple of years ... You know how it is :-D The pullback could be as much as 38%, 61, 161 etc. etc. ....

Globtroter:
You are emotional because you have no trading strategy. And you don't know what's going to happen to your account tomorrow.
Well, congratulations - you're the one in the 5% of people who make money in forex! How good that we know each other! I'm even a little proud!

You may be surprised, but you too are chasing the price. Only on a longer time frame!

As I described above "the grail is not found". The suggestion is of course interesting. But I think we will at least witness the development of your signal. By the way, I already had a chance to examine such a signal a couple of years ago - a typical tracer. I think you know the result)) No surprise!

As for my trading - who knows, perhaps I will show the STATEMENTS just for fun and if I consider it necessary. But most probably it will be impossible within the limits of this platform.

mmmoguschiy:
Well, I can congratulate you - you are that person in the 5% of people making money in forex! How good that we know each other!!! I am even a little proud!

You may be surprised, but you too are chasing the price. Only on a longer time frame!

As I described above "the grail is not found". The offer is of course interesting. But I think we will at least witness the development of your signal. By the way, I had a chance to examine a similar one a couple of years ago - a typical tracer. I think you know the result )) No surprise!

As for my trading - who knows, perhaps I will show the STATEMENTS just for fun and if I consider it necessary. But most likely it will be impossible within the limits of this platform.
I understand what you mean.
You like automated trading.
I was not familiar with it before.
And I didn't even look into robot trading for years.
Not so long ago, in one of the forum threads, I got into an argument with someone called Dimeon.
It was still a period when I still wasn't looking towards robot trading.
Then, as the discussion went on, both he and other members of the thread were so irreconcilable with my position that I had to reconsider my views on this type of trading.
I started to study robot trading.
I found many new and interesting things.
I was amazed by what I saw.
I realized that I was wrong.
Like you I am now studying this type of trading too.
It is interesting and sometimes profitable. And it is easy if you find the best robot and settings.
Unfortunately, so far, from what I have observed, 90% of robots are sinkers. And they only have positive trades on the tester. Although there are "nice" trading robots. I doubt that their authors would sell them.
That's true.
But.
While the learning process is going on, trading robots are being tested and tuned, and MQL is being studied, not a lot of time will pass.
So, nothing prevents you from continuing to trade manually using the old tried and tested methods.
Ok.
You have refused to bet, well, I'm not insisting.
I didn't post that signal for nothing. I want to place it on the first page of the MT4 signals rating.
And by the way, I wanted to publish another signal for MT5 today. I will do it now.
Let it develop in parallel.
Since the beginning of the year, since early January, I have published three signals in my profile (one demo and two reals).
I have not made a single losing trade. And the percentage growth was comparable to that of the leading signals in the ranking.

When there was a discussion about auto-trading, I rushed to say that, after what I had seen and learned, I would never trade manually again...
And I deleted all the signals. Which I regret today. If I had not deleted them, you would have evaluated the trading results. As I had already made up to 23 trades in January. All profitable. With maximum gains. And today the gains would have been even more significant.
Unfortunately, the signals have been deleted. But from this month you will be able to see two new signals of mine (MT4, MT5)...
You are right that in robot trading it is not important whether there are losing trades or not. What matters is the ratio based on the results of all together.
But when it comes to manual trading, breakeven trading is important. And here the log in red is the indicator of success.
Such are the pies...
OK, I'll get on with publishing the MT5 signal.

Globtroter:

I don't consider history as such at this stage, let alone robots working from it. They are adjusted to the story - exactly so. They "follow the trend" so to speak :-D Somewhere even in a parallel thread they discussed the dependence on history. Some people make sophisticated systems that analyze several years of tick history and "run it through a mapper". Maybe I'm not mature enough for that - I can't say anything, but right now I'm not interested in it.
The only thing that history has helped me is to cut off all standard indicators that are present in MT.

As for those robots that I have in mind - you won't see them here. The simple reason is that they work on completely different platforms and using different protocols.

Everyone wants to be on top. And me included. But the risks greatly increase and the risk management comes to naught! I think you shouldn't chase after the TOP! It's better to do it steadily and little by little. If you are certainly confident in your abilities, go ahead - good luck and good luck with the trend!

I managed to look at your old accounts. If I am not mistaken, one of them had a 400% gain in a short period of time - an excellent result! Way to go!

I also had a signal, but I was just messing around - while searching for a true ECN platform. I opened deals literally "at random" and then made profit. I managed to make 100% profit in a week or so. My direct ECN was removed from the market only because I ignored my own rules and lost a part of my deposit. By the way, it was an interesting thing - I lost about 50% on the news, but managed to fix the maximum drawdown of 100% :-D That's why I removed it. What a TOP with such a drawdown! I don't think I would ever develop it further. We are still on the trading platform, we are on the right. I am now waiting for confirmation of registration on another marketplace, different from MT, but declaring that they are True. Well, we'll see.

i just signed up recently. i want to sign up for the signal. i don't have time to trade. i don't know how to do it yet :)
Globetrotter trades the same way as all of them.
They don't trade automatically, they trade by hand.
all of them have drawdowns, but the most successful signals have almost no losses...

Ultraline:
i just signed up recently. i want to sign up for the signal. i don't have time to trade. i don't know how to do it yet :)
Globetrotter trades the same way as all of them.
They don't trade automatically, they trade by hand.
all have drawdowns. all do. but the most successful signals have almost no losses...
who told you they were manual =)

Myth63:
i don't know who told you they were hand traded =)
look at https://www.mql5.com/ru/signals/35539 - it trades with his hands I monitor it maybe copying from someone eg this https://www.mql5.com/ru/signals/65126 it also trades with his hands there you can see pending orders and there are many more to look at where the pendants are traded with his hands

Ultraline:
look at https://www.mql5.com/ru/signals/35539 - he trades hand trades I monitor it maybe he cheats from someone eg this https://www.mql5.com/ru/signals/65126 this one also trades hand trades there you can see pending orders and there are many more to look at where the pendants are hand traded
it's funny =) pending orders are not an indication of manual trading.