Theorem on the presence of memory in random sequences - page 10

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Let's say a die, x1=6 x2=5. Bet a quid each on 4, 3, 2, 1. Next roll, one number comes up. How do you count the winnings?

How do they play this game?

The author made a mistake in the first post:

If x1 > x2, then bet $1 on all numbers smaller than x2

If x1 < x2, then bet $1 on all numbers greater than x2

which does not exist if you follow the link.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
So? Haven't you got the arms or the head to spell out the rules?

No, but I thought it was easier to press 4 than for me to retype what I'd already typed. ))

Sorry, I'll be more circumspect next time. ))

charter:

The author made a mistake in the first post:

If x1 > x2, then put $1 on all numbers smaller than x2

If x1 < x2, then put $1 on all numbers greater than x2

which does not exist if you follow the link.

Do you have to understand that you are not able to just go ahead and lay out the rules of the game? What is the problem?

charter:

No, but I thought it was easier to press 4 than for me to retype what I'd already typed. ))

Sorry, I'll be more circumspect next time.))

Already even summed it all up, outlined what I understood myself, asked a specific question.

charter:

Sorry, I'll be more circumspect next time.))

State the rules of the game, don't break it, it's 3-4 sentences. Or remain an empty-nester.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Already summed it all up, outlined what I understood myself, asked a specific question.
Excuse me, I have lost the thread of our conversation. Or have you, stubbornly, still not pressed the 4...))))) button.

charter:
We are not talking about some fifth or fiftieth chunk, but only about the third, the value of which is determined by the previous two chunks.

Take a random series, apply this rule and get a positive MO. Then take a piece of that row and use it to get a negative MO for that rule. Then take another piece of that row and use it to get zero MO for that row.

Then you call these pieces "realizations of a random variable", so that some people don't hide behind wording shame.

charter:
I beg your pardon, I have lost the thread of our conversation. Or have you, stubbornly, still not pressed the 4...))))) button.

I kept clicking and looking... And how could you lose the thread of the conversation like that? As long as one thread is all ask to lay out the rules of the game.

How can you lose the thread of the conversation when everything is written here? That raises a strange suspicion.

State the rules of the game!

OK, gentlemen, you're good guys, but lazy. )

Here's my first post and you can argue...

Понаблюдаем вместе. Автор утверждает, что 

1. If x 2 > x 1 , then bet on x 3 < x 2

2. If x 2 < x 1, bet on x 3 > x 2

Assume that x1 and x2 are extremes on the price chart.

Try to argue or better just agree with the author's conclusions.

Good luck everyone!))

The whole great theorem is stated very simply - if there is a realization of a random variable with zero MO, it does not mean that by applying a certain strategy to a series one cannot win on a short interval or interval of the realization of that random variable.