F - page 86

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

I assure you that this forum is the liveliest and most interesting.

Someone here talks about market theory, and gives a whole zoo as an example, and now there are tractors, all-terrain vehicles and cranes.

And I have recollected when still in 70th years on 3 course tek. cybernetics ( by the way I too on a speciality ACS), was at me the course project approximately such " allocation of building cars and mechanisms on building. objects ". I used the Simplex method of linear programming, and it programmed on ALGOL 68, on punched tape, on the computer Minsk 32.

That's wherethe "crusade" started :)

I used to have punched cards on an ECU computer when I was in college. I had fun writing programs in Fortran on special forms with squares. Each letter in its own box. Then I took everything to the Central Computer Center, where I drew the punched cards and three or four days later brought them back with hard copies.

If you made a mistake, the process was repeated. I didn't even know the word "debugger" at the time ))

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

I assure you that this forum is the liveliest and most interesting.

Someone here talks about market theory, and gives a whole zoo as an example, and now there are tractors, all-terrain vehicles and cranes.

And I have recollected when still in 70th years on 3 course tek. cybernetics ( by the way I too on a speciality ACS), was at me the course project approximately such " allocation of building cars and mechanisms on building. objects ". I used the Simplex method of linear programming, and it programmed on ALGOL 68, on punched tape, on the computer Minsk 32.

This was the beginning ofthe "crusade" :)

Inventors and innovators.

:)

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I used to have punched cards on an ECU computer when I was at university. It was fun to write a program in Fortran on special forms in a box. Each letter was in its own box. Then I took everything to the computing centre, recorded it on punch cards and three or four days later brought back hard copies.

If you made a mistake, the process was repeated. I didn't even know the word "debugger" at the time )).

We all learned little by little.

:)

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I used to have punched cards on an ECU computer when I was at university. It was fun to write a program in Fortran on special forms in a box. Each letter was in its own box. Then I took everything to the computing centre, recorded it on punch cards and three or four days later brought back hard copies.

If you made a mistake, the process was repeated. I didn't even know the word "debugger" at the time ))

I remembered my coursework on extrapolation, Fortran + punched cards).

Oleg Tsarkov:
I remembered my extrapolation coursework, Fortran + punched cards)
You must have punched holes manually on the punched cards (which didn't work the first time).

Bah! How many dinosaur mastodons have gathered in one place... :-)

Roman Shiredchenko:
Bah! How many dinosaur mastodons have gathered in one place... :-)

The best and most free bookmarks in textbooks were made of punched cards.) Nowadays, a bookmark for a book is a commodity, but at that time it was an example to follow... One program on a punched card was enough to supply a lot of people) Ehhhhh, where are you the incubator time, it was fun that way ....

How do I use this pocket? How does it work?

I used to have punch cards too, I used to fill them in myself, I got so full that I could read the punch cards like a book.

Alexander Bereznyak:
I used to have punch cards, too. I used to fill them in myself, to the point where I could read the punch cards like a book.
Cool, I saw a programmer at the VC when I was a student, he was manually correcting the cards so he didn't have to over-punch them.