Hedging Martingale. - page 12

transcendreamer:

I don't know, maybe you have some special variant of martingale that doesn't go into high revs (64, 128 or more), then you can probably live

Averaging martingale. Open buy and sell independently. Aggregate lot for buy and sell is closed separately. Initial lot 0.02. Maximum lot on the interval from 2009 is 7.77. The lot expansion coefficient is 2.3. The distance between orders is constant 300(five digits). A self-made indicator built in the Expert Advisor is used.

This is called "my success story". Now you have to do a dozen"successful trader" interviews. Then quietly lose and don't tell anyone about it.

Martin always loses. No, of course the martin itself does not lose money and does not make money, but if you work on a martin, it means that the trader just does not understand what he is doing. And then luck and spreads do their job and create a history of ups and downs.

gip:

This is called "my success story". Now you have to do a dozen "successful trader" interviews. Then quietly lose and don't tell anyone about it.

Martin always loses. No, of course the martin itself does not lose money and does not make money, but if you work on a martin, it means that the trader just does not understand what he is doing. And then luck and spreads do their job and create a history of ups and downs.

By the time my martin has sold out, I'll have withdrawn some initial depo's. gip-gip-hooray!)

You've been sitting on this forum for how many years now, and I've seen your nickname for a long time, and you still have a long way to go. And of course you are modestly silent about your losses over the years. "Just a little bit more, now and woo!" and so from year to year you feed yourself. You may raise your deposit by 5, but you will use it all the same time. With martin the outcome is always the same, it's inevitable.

gip:
You've been sitting on this forum for how many years now, I've seen your nickname for a long time and you still have a long way to go. And of course you are modestly silent about your losses over the years. "Just a little bit more, now and woo!" and so from year to year you feed yourself. You may raise your deposit by 5, but you will use it all the same time. With martin the outcome is always the same, it's inevitable.
Sitting is better than standing, and it's even better to lie down.) If you think that's a disadvantage of mine, then you're clear. Yes, for over 2 years now my advisors can't say completely, but they feed me breakfasts for sure. I lost once on reversal martin on cent account. It was a small amount. I abolished the reverse martin in favour of the averaging one. I have never lost money using an averaging one because I test EAs thoroughly and over a long interval.

I do not know what is scarier - a reversal or an averaging martin, the first one kills in a flat, and the second one - in a trend.

For example the yen-dollar - 10 figures without a significant reversal - and how do we win back?

khorosh:
Mediating martingale. Buy and sell open independently. Cumulative lot for buy and sell is closed separately. Initial lot 0.02. Maximum lot on the interval from 2009 is 7.77. The lot expansion coefficient is 2.3. The distance between orders is constant 300 (five digits). I use a custom indicator built in the Expert Advisor.
I will try to test this logic with these parameters, but it is unclear how the total lot is closed individually.

if you take a step of 300pts, for example on the yen-dollar from October 29, 6 figures without rebate gives 6000/300=20 degree of two i.e. 2^20=1 048 576 ......ooooooo such lots do not even exist

but it is clear that for the yen should take a step of not less than 600 maybe then 10-th degree of two, but still a fucking horror 1024 initial lots, or 20.48 if the initial 0.02

or GBP - 8000 rebate with a step of 600 = 13 steps = 8192 initial lots ........ on theother hand this is the most unpleasant case, usually less

that is the question - how to deal with this wild lots, a simple grid is not good in a fast trend

transcendreamer:

if you take a step of 300pts, for example on the yen-dollar from October 29, 6 figures without rebate gives 6000/300=20 degree of two i.e. 2^20=1 048 576 ......ooooooo such lots do not even exist

but it is clear that for the yen should take a step of not less than 600 maybe then 10-th degree of two, but still a fucking horror 1024 initial lots, or 20.48 if the initial 0.02

or GBP - 8000 rebate with a step of 600 = 13 steps = 8192 initial lots ........ on theother hand this is the most unpleasant case, usually less

that's the question - how to deal with wild lots, a simple grid is not good for a fast trend

It is clear that such monsters of yen are excluded... :-)

This is when averaging...

transcendreamer: вот и вопрос - как с этой дикими лотами бороться, простая сетка не годится на быстром тренде

Take the weekly ATR, divide it by the number of lots, which allows you to allocate your deposit without being drained, get the distance in pips, calculated on the machine, through which you can refill, but although the loss will not be in this case, but you have to wait a long time to get out of the wedge