Is more than 50% profit a month realistic? - page 8

izzatilla:

Books don't lie - it's just that sometimes they don't tell the whole truth, and that gives the brain an incentive to work. Why do we need digested food.

People I know are very successful. They live in Canada and America. Not willing to share what they know. But I know when they do - I will rise to their level, which usually happens between rich and poor. Isn't that right?

it only takes 10 books to learn everything, but to find those 10 you have to reread thousands

izzatilla:

In general, it's no mystery, you just have to put a bit of effort, open a depot account and do the math. Who seeks, will always find either a way or a way.

Regarding the load on the deposit for each transaction equal to 0.5%. This figure is not mine, but the one of an experienced trader from Italy. He has a number of scientific papers on the subject of trading, including patented methods for dealing with financial markets. To see the results of your %, please go to my topic at https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/36102/, I do not want to overload the topic with my calculations. By the way about my original figures, it turns out there was a 5% load rather than 0.05%.

Neither here, nor in your topic, nor in Italy, I do not see the very formula from which it follows that eg RR ratio must be 2/1. What I see is this - whoever is looking for it will find a way to calm down, for example by referring to a reference point, e.g. 5%. Or 0.5%. Or what an experienced merchant says.

I do not remember which thread Petros showed you how TP or SL is calculated in his bot - it is dynamically tied to volatility change at the moment. You should exit not because you reached some abstract 2/1 RR number, but because the market has changed - this is a reasonable approach that cannot be argued. And those numbers in Excel only help to look at the quality of the trading system on a large scale. They are not intended for making trading decisions. Trading based on these numbers is the same reality where martingale is a cure-all, i.e. the most direct way in 95%.

IMHO, of course :)

f2011:

Neither here, nor in your topic, nor in Italy do I see the formula from which it follows that e.g. the RR ratio must be 2/1. What I see is this - whoever is looking for it will find a way to calm himself down, by adhering to a reference point, e.g. 5%. Or 0.5%. Or what an experienced merchant says.

I do not remember which thread Petros showed you how TP or SL is calculated in his bot - it is dynamically tied to volatility change at the moment. You should exit not because you reached some abstract 2/1 RR number, but because the market has changed - this is a valid approach that cannot be questioned. And those numbers in Excel only help to look at the quality of the trading system on a large scale. They are not intended for making trading decisions. Trading based on these numbers is the same reality where martingale is a cure-all, i.e. the most direct way in 95%.

IMHO, of course :)

f20112014.09.13 06:10RU
izzatilla:

The risk per trade should not exceed 0.5% of the deposit. That is, in your case, each transaction must be limited by a stop loss equal to $215

Profit/risk ratio must be at least 2/1, it means that estimated profit at maximum risk should not be lower than $430

Total drawdown should not exceed 20%.

Why not 1.77%, or 2/1.5, or 24.5%? Can you show me the calculations for these figures? Been begging for these formulas for 5 years now - no one anywhere ever... The blackest forex secret

In general, when they start to explain a particular trade (TS, robot, manual) by some numbers, you don't need to read any further

My dearf2011

I have not got it right. I wrote about 0.5% and you're asking for 1.77%, not 2/1.5, not 24.5%, which I have calculated. I've already mentioned someone who successfully trades and they use this 0.5% and not less than 2/1 ratio. I use these figures as a guide.

On the demo I made 73% profit for the week. Mostly on gold and a couple of trades on GBPUSD. The drawdown was unbelievable, on the real account the broker would have closed the positions already.

In general trading is possible on demo only)))

When trading on the real account 50% per month, I think it's possible to do with a reasonable drawdown... But you have to use only 20% of your brain, it usually works up to 10%)))

Feelings are contradictory ))))

In the demo it goes like this

/*spam*/

getting ready to go real))

Novikov:

/*spam*/.

Cool! :-)
Lower your expectations of the reals by an order of magnitude, and, go for it!

And what prevents you from formalising the strategy in code, running it through the backtests and seeing what the average forward is for at least a year? "The whole fx community has long reminded me of a suicide club.

IvanIvanov:
Cool! :-)
Lower your expectations of the real thing by an order of magnitude, and, go for it!
Twice that's enough. )

Not for me, unrealistic.
If I work half a day, then 20% per month, if the whole day 12 hours, then up to 30-35% per month you can reach, but very hard
(I used to spend 100 quid and 950 by the end of the month, but it all turned out badly).

10% a day. Get an investor :-D