Is more than 50% profit a month realistic? - page 4

f2011:

Why not 1.77%, 2/1.5 or 24.5%? Can you show me the calculations for these figures? Been begging for these formulas for 5 years now - no one anywhere ever... The blackest forex secret

In general, when they start to explain a particular trade (TS, robot, manual) by some numbers, you don't need to read any further

I can do the math! Only later .

LarissaFo:

There is a phrase in one of the broker-trader movies, when a mentor trains a newcomer: "We never get involved with women! Never!"

Sounds like you're going to throw dust in her eyes - that's not an option for a trader. Think of something else: Lekha-Maytrade promises to give $10,000 to a stable trader and doesn't even ask for a %. If you need details, I'm on Skype.

Great investor. Give me at least half a year and I will offer my services.

Renat:

Even a stable/medium 2% per month is a super genius strategy.

Clearly, stability is not possible, so plus/minus playing returns can. If you get 20% growth in a year, consider yourself in the dumps.

But dreams of 50% a month is psychiatric, outright nouveau or blinding greed.

I don't think 2% is a lot.

When I finished developing my trading robot, I put it on VPS server with $5000 deposit and got ~3% per month steadily.

After a year I realised that it doesn't make sense to wait a whole month to get $150. It takes a few hundred thousand, or millions, to get that kind of interest.

And yet 99% of traders don't have that much.

Petros:

I don't think 2% is much.

When I finished developing my trading robot, I put it on a VPS server with a $5000 deposit, and consistently got ~3% per month.

After a year I realised that it doesn't make sense to wait a whole month to get $150. It takes a few hundred thousand, or millions, to get that kind of interest.

And yet 99% of traders don't have that much.

There is the potential of the financial market system. The system does not give more.

All who want more: "Greed has killed the thief".

Or 30% a year, as Soros, Buffet write - or, at best, a few months of stunning success and then inevitable collapse. "To each his own.

abolk:

There is potential in the financial market system. The system does not give more.

Anyone who wants more: "Greed beats greed".

Either in the region of 30% a year, as Soros, Buffett write -- or, at best, a few months of stunning success and then inevitable dumping. "To each his own.

I don't know what Soros and Baffert wrote, but I agree with that.

And if you use a trading robot, you can get that percentage up to 100% a year.

Petros:

I don't know what Soros and Baffert wrote, but I agree with that.

And if you use a trading robot, you can get that percentage up to 100% a year.

That's why there are only few people like George Soros and Korey Buffett and 95% of those who lose

You can get it up to 1000%, but what's the risk?

Petros:

Amazing that you have 5 years experience and ask others. If you have a strategy that brings in 50% a month, come out you can't get $1000, and trade for yourself ?

That would be more than 20% of your income. Up to $10000, profits are split 50/50.

What's so surprising about wanting other people's opinions. You get it all in your own way. There is a reasonably profitable strategy that has been tested for over 5 years. It does not yield more than 50%. For it to be so you need to work with a big lot and this is a big risk.

The investor is asking for more than 50% a month, of course, this is a bit steep for me, so I am interested in the public's opinion. That is all.

izzatilla:
That's why there are only few people like George Soros and Korea Buffet and 95% of those who lose

You can go as high as 1000%, but what is the risk?
There are 2-3 forex companies who are engaged in lending. By their standards, a good trader is the one who manages to make a profit above 5% a month, with a maximum drawdown of no more than 10%, making ~15 trades a month.

Renat:

Even a stable/medium 2% per month is a super genius strategy.

Clearly, stability is impossible, so a plus/minus return can play out. If you get 20% growth in a year, consider yourself in the dumps.

But dreams of 50% a month are psychiatric, outright nullity or blinding greed.

A+++++

LarissaFo:

There is a phrase in one of the broker-trader movies, when a mentor trains a newcomer: "We never get involved with women! Never!"

Sounds like you're going to throw dust in her eyes - that's not an option for a trader. Think of something else: Lekha-Maytrade promises to give $10,000 to a stable trader and doesn't even ask for a %. If you need details, I'm on Skype.

It's akin to "A woman on a ship is bad luck". No, Larissa, I'm not going to dust my eyes. There needs to be trust between partners. That's why we found a consensus.