Is more than 50% profit a month realistic? - page 3

pagot:
Well, if you have a strategy, a trading plan and everything, then you probably have an idea of what to expect from your strategy. But provided that you have already worked on this strategy for at least 6 months.

In this case show the investor the results and explain to her that such a profit (or less) is possible, but not guaranteed, the market, like a woman, is capricious and unpredictable.

And in general, 50% a month is very cool! Perhaps your investor deserves to put off her appetite, she really wants to get better. Delicately hint to her that slim is more attractive.
The strategy has worked for over 5 years. Sometimes, of course, it fails, there were periods... It's not the first time I've traded, but it's the first time with an investor... and, as I understand it, a little inadequate...

According to my calculations about 100 pips a day on average is realistically possible if you work with several currency pairs. Working with a deposit of $5000 you can earn $100 per day (with low risk), and you get a profit of 54.597% or $2729.89 per month, taking into account daily reinvestments.

elugovoy:
The strategy has been working for over 5 years. Sometimes of course it fails, there have been periods... It's not the first time I've traded, but it's the first time with an investor... and, as I understand it, a little inadequate...

Amazing that you have 5 years experience and ask others. If you have a strategy that brings in 50% a month, come out you can't get $1000, and trade for yourself ?

That would be more than 20% of the income. Up to $10000, the profits are split 50/50.

I traded this way, I survived for 2 months. You should take an ordinary grid robot, like Ilan, but simpler, and run it on 20 pairs. The real key is to agree with the investor on a withdrawal once a week and do not trade until you receive your profit. You have to make money on fools. There are a lot of pairs to even out the balance. I forgot, set up a couple of pts for profit so that you can scalp straight.

elugovoy:

The investor is requesting more than 50% income per month.

The initial deposit is $4300. Is it realistic?

If so, what strategy would you advise? What lot to trade? And in general your recommendations.

By the name of the thread, it would be nice to add -More than 50% of profit per month - is it real-Question to programmers!?

Even a stable/medium 2% per month is a super genius strategy.

Clearly, stability is impossible, so a plus/minus return can play out. If you get 20% growth in a year, consider yourself in the dumps.

But dreams of 50% a month are psychiatric, outright nullity or blinding greed.

+++

IvanIvanov:

Your investor appears to be second-rate, judging by the number of change managers and projected returns...

Yes, you can see the concrete logic and not a bit nervous: I allocated as much as I could - $5K - to find out if there is a real profit here. The 1st iteration 70...100%, the result - $800. 2nd iteration 50% - XX result. Isn't that how a strategy tester works when solving the same problem :)

izzatilla:

The risk per trade must not exceed 0.5% of the deposit. That is, in your case, each transaction must be limited by a stop loss equal to $215.

Profit/risk ratio should be no less than 2/1, it means that estimated profit at maximum risk should not be lower than $430.

Total drawdown should not exceed 20%.

Why not 1.77%, or 2/1.5, or 24.5%? Can you show me the calculations for these figures? Been begging for these formulas for 5 years now - no one anywhere ever... The blackest forex secret

In general, when they start to explain a particular trade (TS, robot, manual) by some numbers, you don't need to read any further

elugovoy:

I would clarify... it's an investor )))) And all women love money )))

There is a phrase in one of the broker-trader movies, when a mentor trains a newcomer: "We never get involved with women! Never!"

It sounds like you're going to blow her mind - that's not an option for a trader. Think of something else: Lekha-Maytrade promises to give $10,000 to a stable trader and doesn't even ask for a %. If you need details, I'm on Skype.