The work of robots on the real. Why people are disappointed - page 3

marketeer:
It is also important to note the big difference between the quotes of demo and real accounts. This can be very noticeable even for robots working in binary mode. Since the tester takes a pumped up account history, you should check EAs in the tester when connecting to a real account.
I agree with you 100%.
You can fine-tune the Expert Advisor using the quotes of the very real account you are going to work on. The only problem is that the one-minute TF is limited in time and the entire lie will be impossible to test without minutes and brokerage companies have stopped saving archives of quotes. The only problem is that the minute time is limited, without the minutes you cannot test it - it will be a lie.

Maybe everything is much simpler, the tester and the real, the essence are different things, I will not dig into a lot of why, for me it's just a fact, tried once to defend my point of view on forums, but rarely met understanding and just stopped insisting on it publicly, while "people" continue to believe in the tester....

From my point of view, the tester has one practical use, to check the code algorithm of an EA or indicator or nothing more ... It IMHO is not suitable for testing trading systems, I won't explain why not,

For myself I found a way out when testing my ideas, start using a demo account, then go straight to a cent account and then to a small real account... This requires immeasurably more time than running the idea on the tester, but practice shows it is more effective... and at least it allows avoiding the black box effect when the cause of events is unclear - the system is not working or there is something wrong with the tester....

.... Trying to figure out what's wrong with the tester often leads away from work on the TS...

In my opinion, you just have to understand the way the tester works. They have already been mentioned here. And to use this tool correctly.

I personally do not see any difference in my work on the daily market. For example in "all ticks" mode or in "1M OHLC" mode (I recognize only the tester of MT5). They are right saying - for scalpers the difference is great, but for scalpers the tick tester will be "wrong" due to the same features of order execution.

I agree about the daily deals, but the stops are long and it needs a bigger deposit and patience to work on daily deals there is a different rhythm of trading
it is good if the intra-week deal is usually bigger

IvanIvanov:
I agree about the daily deals, but the stops are long and require a bigger deposit and patience to work there.
it is good if the intra-week deal is usually bigger
"Long stops are needed only for those who work with candlesticks.

Contender:
"Long stops" are only needed for those who work on candlesticks.
intriguing, at least give me a hint who doesn't need it then..... or how to work with short stops on DAILY intervals

IvanIvanov:
intrigued, at least give me a hint who does not need..... or how to work with short stops on DAILY intervals

Why are you intrigued?

If you use candlestick analysis, the stops naturally depend on the candlesticks. If you don't work by candlesticks, what difference does it make what kind of chart looks like?

Contender:

Why are you intrigued?

If you use candlestick analysis, the stops naturally depend on the candlesticks. If you don't work by candlesticks, what difference does it make what kind of chart it looks like?

Well, if you use MA for MA analysis on the daily, the stops will be even bigger!

IvanIvanov:
Well, if you use MAs to analyze the dale, the stops will be even bigger!
That's what I'm saying, if we use candlesticks as a basis, then the stops depend on the TF.

Contender:
That's what I'm saying, if you dance on the candlesticks, then the stops depend on the TF.
That's exactly why if you dance on the TF, stops on the days are much bigger and it doesn't matter if it's candlesticks or candlesticks - on the days the stops are bigger but the signals are of higher quality and less noise