Please give more freedom to manage the graph windows - page 2

barabashkakvn:

At the moment, you cannot manage chart windows using MQL5 tools, without the use of WinAPI:

• you cannot change the size of the chart window programmatically
  • you can't make any chart window active
  • You can't place chart windows as cascades, mosaics, horizontally, etc.

Can we expect in the future to introduce properties and methods for working with the size of chart windows?

As an example, tab switching, but implemented using WinAPI:

I do agree. A complete MT5 API would be a great tool to build better software or even third-party add-ons.

I agree. A complete MT5 API would be a great tool to build better software or even third-party add-ons.

I have solved the issue of switching and selecting charts using only MQL5 tools, without WinAPI.
There is only one remaining question - to enable additional chart window - indicator_separate_window - to be placed not only horizontally, but also vertically.

barabashkakvn:
I have understood the switching and browsing of charts using only MQL5 means, without WinAPI.
There is only one remaining question - to enable additional chart window - indicator_separate_window - to be placed not only horizontally, but also vertically.
Will you be able to display the tool on the second monitor?

barabashkakvn:
The OBJ_CHART object can be perfectly placed in an additional subwindow - but this subwindow cannot be placed vertically.
And while the subwindow cannot be placed vertically, we have to wriggle around using WinAPI to place the windows.
And if the subwindow could be placed vertically, the area of the main chart would be used much more efficiently.
Why have a subwindow? Place multiple objects on the main chart. Be it vertically or diagonally

IvanIvanov:
Will you be able to pull out the tool on the second monitor?

The MT can be stretched across 2 monitors right now.

This is not as convenient as separate graphics, but it does have its advantages.

I, for example, like the fact that I can collapse the whole workspace at once, rather than each working window separately.

komposter:

The MT can be stretched across 2 monitors right now.

This is not as convenient as separate graphics, but it does have its advantages.

I, for example, like the fact that I can collapse the whole workspace at once, rather than each workspace window separately.

It's been like this for a long time now, I know. By the way, the terminal window and the market overview can be pulled out of the terminal to another monitor

komposter:
Why a sub-window? Place several objects on the main chart. Vertical or diagonal.

I've already thought about it:

But: I don't like the fact that when the left mouse button is pressed and the main graph is moved, the main graph will at times jump to the right, beyond its limiter(graph offset).

IvanIvanov:
it has been like that for a long time, I know, by the way the terminal window and the market overview can be pulled out of the terminal to another monitor

What, then, was the question:

IvanIvanov:
Can you pull the tool on the second monitor?

?

barabashkakvn:

What, then, was the question:

?

to distribute the graphs to the monitors. this is not normally available

IvanIvanov:
to distribute the graphs to the monitors. this is not available as standard
I can't check - I don't have a second monitor.