Please give more freedom to manage the graph windows - page 5

joo:
... Nowadays, you can draw anything you want with a bitmap in one window... it's a bit cumbersome, but you can do anything you want.
The problem is not that you can or can't draw - what you need is a graph window that you can control: move, resize.

As a workaround (this option looks ugly to me) to applyobj_chart, but you can't apply template to it and add indicators.

If it were possible to add indicators toobj_chart, I think it would be an acceptable half-measure.

barabashkakvn:

As a workaround (this option looks ugly to me) to applyobj_chart, but you can't apply template to it and add indicators.

If it were possible to add indicators toobj_chart, I think it would be an acceptable half-measure.

It is possible to add indicators toobj_chart using MQL5, but it's also inconvenient.

tol64:
It is possible to add indicators toobj_chart using MQL5 tools, but it is also inconvenient.
Yes, you can, usingOBJPROP_CHART_ID. I was wrong - I meant adding charts toobj_chart in a separate window.

barabashkakvn:

If only it would be possible to add indicators toobj_chart, then, I think, it would be an acceptable half-measure.

barabashkakvn:
Yes, you can, usingOBJPROP_CHART_ID. I was wrong - I meant adding charts toobj_chart in separator window.

The obj_chart, I've got it: the template can be applied and the indicator added, the separator window of theobj_chart object can be set. Thus, the chart object at this stage of MQL5 can practically be a substitute for a usual chart window.

Why practically?

If only the chart separator window could be placed not only horizontally, but also vertically! Then a vertical separator window could become a full-fledged substitute for a regular chart window. And the vertical separator window can be controlled: it can be resized. Thus, you can implement control of windows by means of MQL5 without WinAPI.

barabashkakvn:

With obj_chart, I figured it out: you can apply a template and add an indicator and a separator window to theobj_chart object. Thus, the chart object at this stage of MQL5 can practically be a substitute for a usual chart window.

Why practically?

If only the chart separator window could be placed not only horizontally, but vertically as well! Then a vertical separator window could become a full-fledged substitute for a standard chart window. And the vertical separator window can be controlled: it can be resized. Thus, you can implement control of windows by means of MQL5 without WinAPI.

In a chart object window, you can place other objects of the chart type. Given existing chart events(CHARTEVENT_MOUSE_MOVE) we can implement object management. It is not elementary, but quite feasible.

antt:
Other chart type objects can be placed in the chart object window. Given existing chart events(CHARTEVENT_MOUSE_MOVE), object management can be implemented. This is not elementary, but quite feasible.
ChartNavigate() in chart objects already working ? Somehow I had sent an application to Service Desk with this request, but did not get an answer yet.

tol64:
ChartNavigate() in chart objects already works? I once sent an application to Service Desk with this request, but have not received a reply yet.

Worked and is working. A simple example:

void OnStart()
  {
   ObjectCreate(0,"chart",OBJ_CHART,0,0,0);
   long id=ObjectGetInteger(0,"chart",OBJPROP_CHART_ID);
   ChartSetInteger(id,CHART_AUTOSCROLL,0);
   ChartNavigate(id,CHART_END,0);
   Sleep(1000);
   ChartNavigate(id,CHART_BEGIN,0);
   Sleep(1000);
   ChartNavigate(id,CHART_END,0);
  }

antt:

Worked and is working. A simple example:

Thank you. It turns out my mistake was that I didn't turn off autoscroll in the graphic object. )

Great. Horizontal scrolling in the graphic object can then be implemented on its own.

tol64:

Thank you. It turns out my mistake was that I didn't turn off autoscroll in the object graphic. )

Great. Horizontal scrolling in the graphic object can then be implemented on its own.

And how to make "Crosshair" work in chart object - I mean, when "Crosshair over chart object" is held, OHLC data is displayed in the status bar?